Thread: Hearing creeks in the wall while meditating.

Mordster Guest

Hearing creeks in the wall while meditating.

It happens more than half the time during my meditation sessions. Some random area near me on the wall makes a popping noise; usually when im concentrating hard on my simple exercises. I know for a fact that its not astral noise... Im never in a trance or even close to it in most cases. It sounds exactly like when cold wind blows against the house contracting it. I know for sure its not the wind... I know this because most of the time it occurs during the climax of my session. It's usually when i focus on quieting my mind and holding it for as long as i can.

I would like to know if its me causing this noise or maybe some entity. I have had some experiences in my room which is why i am suspicious of something else making the wall noises. If you have any idea of why this is happening please respond. Perhaps I am creating my own hot spots which are expanding areas on the wall?

Blog Entries
    I get very often popping/cracking noises when my energy work/meditation reaches a certain point, perhaps the critical one? These are common household sounds, like the creak of a wooden piece of furniture or a plastic bottle slightly deforming. This would require something similar to for example a sudden drop or rise in temperature, some energetic change to convert into kinetic energy.

I have wondered several times whether it is actual a wave of energy expanding from me when I hit a certain transitional point, don't know.

Oliver

Blog Entries
    I get this, too! I never really thought about what it might be, I always kind of just assumed it was that I normally meditate when the house is quiet and so I hear these things better, but now that I come to think of it, perhaps the raised and/or manipulated energy is having some effect on the surroundings? Interesting...

I do know that prior to warding the house and property and my person, when I would meditate or do any other thing that raised or manipulated energy (some kinds of prayer, for example, will do it), I would draw the attention of various astral entities, something like moths to a flame (if moths were parasites, that is).
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    Still, may just be coincidence.
    Yes, Alex, true. But these coincidences happen always when I meditate, pass a certain relaxation threshold, and so on.

Maybe it is not even a real sound, but something like going supersonic in your mind. You see, like astral noise the brain sometimes inserts sounds it knows when perceiving something that is not actually in its experience library back from the genetic dawn of time. So it supplies the closest "real" sound.

Or it is an energy wave. Because I don't happen to hear creaks all the time, but instead I think once per session. Cannot say for sure, will watch out.

Oliver

Tempestinateapot Guest
    I think it was Robert (or maybe some other teacher) who said that you can sometimes hear a popping sound when you exit your body in an OBE. This has happened to me before on exit. I wonder if you guys are exiting, but so startled by the sound that you shut down the exit and aren't even aware that was what was happening?

kiwibonga Guest
    I noticed this too, and I was a bit startled... I realized my desk lamp, my computer monitor, the space heater and the AC all make popping sounds as they cool down or heat up, i.e. when I turn them off to sleep!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestinateapot
    I think it was Robert (or maybe some other teacher) who said that you can sometimes hear a popping sound when you exit your body in an OBE. This has happened to me before on exit. I wonder if you guys are exiting, but so startled by the sound that you shut down the exit and aren't even aware that was what was happening?
    This could be, Tempest.

Usually I try to focus on my energy work. Could well be my astral self takes a trip meanwhile. (He actually has all the fun and is reported to have spent time with some nice people while "I" am doing all the work )

Thanks,
    Oliver

Tempestinateapot Guest
    Korpo said:
    Could well be my astral self takes a trip meanwhile.
    I think this may be more true than you think. The consciousness split during an exit can be very tricky and confusing. Have you had times in your meditations that you felt like something important happened, but you couldn't quite remember what it was? Robert's view is that we all have OBE's, but we don't all download the memory, or download it improperly. In my limited experience, that is the case for me. I've had weird OBE's where I was in my body one moment, in another location the next, and in another location in the next moment. No control whatsoever. When I get completely "back", I'm confused as to where I actually am.

While doing energy work, I've also had strange experiences of "clicking out" for a moment, and then coming what seems instantly back, but thinking that I just did something somewhere else. I think this is probably an incident of an OBE where I didn't download the information. And, since time as we know it doesn't exist, I could have been gone for eons and learned all kinds of things that I wish I could remember now.

Blog Entries
    Thank you, Tempest.

I actually have confirmation that I go for trips.

I also have the blanks, the time skips, and other things. Also signs of the mind split and completely consciously perceived return of the projected double mostly from the body side.

I am still not absolutely sure what happens. I know your words ring true enough, but something is missing still. Because it is not exactly as easy as missing the projection. There's also something involved in my energy work that requires me to be present when doing it. I don't know how this will develop over time. Maybe it will become effortless, and I will develop a stronger mind split where both experiences super-impose - the projection and the work, I don't know.

It's hard to say how this will develop because my focus is in my body so strongly. I guess this is the strong grounding component involved. *shrugs*

Again, thanks for the good info,

Oliver

Re: Hearing creeks in the wall while meditating.

I believe it has to do with the "expansion" experienced with inspiration. That is when the walls creak. It's as if the room is expanding slightly. Kind of reminds me of Neo in Matrix 1 at the end of the movie when he becomes "the One" and he has risen from a bunch of bullets in the heart, shot by Agent Smith.