Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Success!!!!

Success!!!!

I did it!!!

Okay, it was a partial projection-but it was DEFINITELY a successful projection! I can't wait 'til tonight so I can attempt it again!

Here's the scenario:

I have had a couple of spontaneous projections, but they were many years ago. Recently, I've renewed my interest, so I began reading every book I could get my hands on that addressed the topic. I came across AD, and found it to ring true to me in a way other books did not. So, following a combination of techniques and advice from AD and other sources, I began attempting controlled APs. I've become fairly proficient at getting to the "tingly" stage, but was unable to go beyond that. I've been having crazier dreams than usual lately, as well. I thought, all things considered, that I was progressing nicely.

Then life got in the way. My work has become extremely stressful lately (it's expected at this time of year) and my husband has become very ill and requires major surgery in a couple of weeks. Between those 2 stressors, I haven't been keeping up with my relaxation techniques and AP attempts. I figured I would get back into it when things calm down in a couple of months.

So, you can imagine my surprise when I projected last night! I'd gone to bed a bit early, and hubby stayed up in the living room watching TV. I was very tired. Since it was early-ish and I was alone, I decided to take a few minutes and at least go through the relaxation techniques, in the hopes of inducing a good night of rest. After a while, I shifted onto my left side and drifted off to sleep.

Suddenly I was awake---and I mean HYPER alert! I felt a gentle but urgent tingly/pulling sensation all over my body, but primarily in my torso/solar plexus area. I forced myself to contain my excitement, not wanting to disrupt what was happening. Then I realized I was moving my arms quite vigorously and was momentarily angry with myself---surely this would disrupt the projection! But then....I realized my arms hadn't moved. But I could FEEL them moving, most distinctly. That's when I realized that I was projecting! I couldn't seem to get all the way "out," but I'm ok with that for now...this is genuine progress! Even though I couldn't complete the projection, I experimented with waving my astral arms about, and feeling both the movement and the stillness of my physical arms, still on the bed. I now have a much better understanding of the mind split effect...what a weird feeling.

There was nothing unpleasant. I had no buzzing, heard no voices and had no unpleasant sensations whatsoever. Can't wait for tonight...maybe I'll make it all the way out this time!!! Very, very cool.

pmlonline Guest

Re: Success!!!!

Congratulations Daisy! The experiences only get better from here. Just wait till you're soaring through the sky across the planet. Believe me, even then, when you're soaring across the planet, it still gets better and there's no end. I recall on my first conscious obe attempt, I was standing out of body on the front lawn and two hands very gently took me from behind and suddenly I entered into a tunnel. This took me to an astral heavenly realm, and was beautiful! I cannot even begin to describe the bliss. This was a high astral plane and I was so grateful that my angel took me there.

Never give up and keep up the great experiences.

Paul

LoneCrow Guest
    Congrats! I'm jealous after so long.

The best I can do is at the moment I fall asleep, I tend to wake up instantly and feel a little "light" like inflating a balloon. Tingly would be the word in some areas.

Sometimes I can "wake up" while meditating to the point of sleep, and will feel my body start to feel that sleep paralysis type feeling. I mean I can break it and itch my nose but you can feel remnants of your body as it attempted to paralyse you during sleep.

I never have had vibrations or anything. The only thing I've been able to do is start to feel light, like I was going to float.

Oh yeah I've heard ringing in my ears totally increasing in volume as I tried to loosen my spirit a couple times. Never vibrations.

Damn this is hard i'm so ready to give up.

pmlonline Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneCrow
    Don't give up! Sometimes it takes years to get your first obe. The second usually doesn't take as long. Once you get going it's a lot easier.

A lot of people don't hear the vibs but that doesn't mean they're not there. Some people are perceptive to it and others not. While in college I had a bunch of obe's but thought they were near death experiences. I never in my life heard of astral projection or lucid dreaming or vibs, etc. But I had them big time. It literally felt like my entire body was going to explode, but some people feel the vibs and others don't.

I wouldn't think of the vibs. Just try to have fun with the meditations and so on. If you keep it up and don't give up then it will pay off big time.

Paul

kevstar Guest
    Oh, awesomeness!

Yeah, there is an actual effect (though I don't know if it's named) where you'll be trying something really hard, and it's after you let off that you succeed. Kind of like putting all this energy into one space, and then releasing it to do its thing.

Apex Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Krevency
    Oh, awesomeness!

Yeah, there is an actual effect (though I don't know if it's named) where you'll be trying something really hard, and it's after you let off that you succeed. Kind of like putting all this energy into one space, and then releasing it to do its thing.
    On that note, yesterday I just sat down for a few minutes and cleared my mind because I felt like it. I got the vibrations going after about a minute. Interesting how I can get that from not trying, and not get so far when trying

Quote Originally Posted by LoneCrow
    Congrats! I'm jealous after so long.
    Oh, I hope you won't give up. It might be difficult at first, but the reward is worth the effort. I suspect you are trying too hard-something I've definitely been guilty of. Note that when I succeeded, it was when I wasn't really trying to acheive OBE--I was just hoping for some peace and relaxation.

I think that's why RB stresses the energy exercises so strongly in AD. I think that just the practice of raising energy and learning how to put your body into a properly relaxed state is good conditioning, like it loosens things up in preparation of a successful exit.

I haven't had a 2nd exit since the other night, but I am enthused and am fully confident it will happen again soon. I am also confident that if you keep trying (without OVER trying!) you will be popping out before you know it!

Next up-I'm trying the card trick. I had hubby take a playing card from a deck and put it on top of a high cabinet in our living room. Next time I exit I am going to take a peek and see if I can identify it while in an astral state. It will give even more verification of this phenomenon, and maybe then my husband will believe that it's for real. It'd be cool if I could get him interested in travelling with me!

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments! I really appreciate having people who understand what I'm trying to do. Since none of my friends or family are interested (except possibly for one niece---I need to talk to her!) in AP, it's great to have you guys to share with!

pmlonline Guest
    I am also confident that if you keep trying (without OVER trying!) you will be popping out before you know it!
    I once knew a obe teacher that told the students to practice projection 6 days a week and rest on every seventh. I have no idea who much this helps but suspect it could help.

Some of you might want to look into fasting as that can be a great benefit.

Paul

"Some of you might want to look into fasting as that can be a great benefit."

Actually, now that you mention it, instead of eating dinner the night I had my OBE, I just drank a Slimfast. That was a couple of hours before bedtime, so I was a little hungry (not hungry enough to be distracting). I wonder if that might be a factor...?? I think I'll try that again tonight; I'll have a Slimfast around 7 pm and go to bed around 10.

I knew OBE would be fun (among other things). It's even more fun having other people to exchange ideas with!

Chococrack Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy
    "Some of you might want to look into fasting as that can be a great benefit."

Actually, now that you mention it, instead of eating dinner the night I had my OBE, I just drank a Slimfast. That was a couple of hours before bedtime, so I was a little hungry (not hungry enough to be distracting). I wonder if that might be a factor...?? I think I'll try that again tonight; I'll have a Slimfast around 7 pm and go to bed around 10.

I knew OBE would be fun (among other things). It's even more fun having other people to exchange ideas with!
    I guess Slimfast's cause OBEs? (writes that down)

And as for everything else on this thread, I totally believe that relaxation is the key. Overexertion(sp?) has definately got to be a major factor in failures.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast