Thread: Car wreck nightmare.

Three_Nails Guest

Car wreck nightmare.

So... This dream was short and scary as all hell.

We got into a car at a commuter lot. Suddenly, the gas pedal got stuck to the floor and I found myself lauched (with a carful of friends) over a cliff. It was a huge drop, and in my head I knew I was going to die. So I started to pray outloud. The car hit the ground and I awoke with a start.

.... It was vivid and I actually felt as if the end of my life was near! Easily one of the most terrifying dreams I've ever had. I felt as if I was falling at great speed, my friends where screaming, and I could almost feel the vibrations in my throat when I spoke the on-the spot prayer.

Blog Entries
    In my own dreams, driving is always a symbol for being in control of my life. Being "in the driver's seat" so to speak. I've had dreams where I was forced to drive from the passenger side of the car, dreams where I was driving along a winding road on a cliff face and suddenly lost control and went off into the ocean, dreams where I was driving along and suddenly found myself on a roller coaster track, dreams where I was driving and I couldn't find the brake pedal or it didn't work, dreams where I accelerated too quickly or the petrol pedal stuck and I was out of control, and others.

All of them related to the way I felt my life was going, and how in or out of control I felt...

When I immigrated to Australia from the United States, I used to have dreams that I couldn't decide which side of the road to drive on. That was all about trying to reconcile my original nationality/culture with the new one I was embracing (I did eventually sort that out, though).

I don't know if the same symbol would pertain to you, but I've known many others who had the same "in the driver's seat" type dream symbol.

Oh, and I have and still occasionally do pray in dreams. I used to have really bad nightmares and prayer was the only way to survive in them. Prayer works, even in a dream state, or so it would seem.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.