Thread: Intense Discomfort located in/around Brow Chakra

patanjali111 Guest

Intense Discomfort located in/around Brow Chakra

I have a problem with my energy system. I really need this question answered because it is interfering with my spiritual progress.

The problem lies with my brow chakra. Basically I feel pressure that produces an extremely uncomfortable feeling. This pressure is localized in areas associated with the brow chakra. This pressure is felt in the middle of my brain, behind and middle of eyebrows, the temples (sometimes a little above the temples), I also feel it inside my nose (as in 1 and a half or two inches inside from my nose) and sometimes a little above my ears. Sometimes the pressure is localized in only one area, two or all.

I have a history of being influenced by meditation systems that emphasize concentration on the brow chakra. I still remember the immense discomfort from the pressure produced in my head after I did those meditations for a while.

This pressure is usually produced when: I have strong thoughts about spirituality or when energy is absorbed into the brow chakra when I am doing energy work or meditation. I never purposely store energy in the brow chakra, sometimes the brow chakra absorbs it by itself (such as when I attempt the full body circuit). Sometimes I unintentionally become aware of my brow chakra during meditations and this can produce headaches as I described.

From my observations: My brow chakra does not produce problems as long as I keep my awareness away from it during my practices and make sure energy is not absorbed into it. But sometimes it happens unintentionally.

My questions are:

What is your analysis of this situation?

How can I permanently heal this?

Blog Entries
    Dear patanjali111:
    I moved your question to Down Under, because Robert has answered this question in his many online, worshops, and book resources.

Provided your problem is not a physical one (as in migraines, eye problems, etc.) I would say that you have overdeveloped your brow centers. What I would recommend is to lay off on energy work on this area for a few days, concentrate on your base chakra, and once your symptoms have abated, to tentatively alternate your 'higher' work with your 'lower center' work.
    Since chakras are dynamic processes, there is no such thing as a 'permanent' solution- the only solution I know is to balance your work as much as possible, always striving to continue to develop your base centers and your lower tantien for storage, and when you are planning to work on your higher chakras start from the base and then work on your way up. This will keep the flow balanced and your energy will always have somewhere to go in the case of some unbalance.
    I hope this helps.

I couldn't find a direct quote saying what I said above, but here is some more supporting information, all written by Robert:

The Base, or Root chakra, is THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE TO ACTIVATE. This chakra is the doorway for the subtle energy. Unless this is opened sufficiently, the energy cannot flow into the other chakras. I suggest you concentrate most of your time and energy into stimulating your Base chakra, at least in the early stages of chakra development.

Note: You may feel a stronger sensation in some chakras and little or none in others. Concentrate on the lowest ones with the least sensation. This will help balance the energy flow in the chakra system.
    Both quotes found in:
    http://www.astraldynamics.com/search.as ... enceID=270

More about the base center:
    The base center is the most important primary center to stimulate during early development. Energy will usually not flow strongly enough into the higher centers unless this is sufficiently activated. However, an inactive base center will not in itself stop other primary centers from functioning. Any primary center is capable of functioning independently. For example, while your base center may appear unresponsive, your heart or brow center may be naturally active. The reason for undertaking energy work is to develop the entire energy body as a whole. This nurtures healthy balance and promotes the safe spiritual development and evolution of the energy body.

RB.
    http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=2321

Also, he wrote:
    I have found that directly filling either of the two higher storage centres is a very unwise practice indeed. This can, experience has shown me, have many adverse effects. It can unbalance the energy body and significantly lower overall energy levels. This is not only developmentally counterproductive but it can also have adverse affects on emotional, mental and psychic stability. Filling all the storage centres is a lifetime's work. So it can take several months or more of regular energy raising before energy levels significantly increase. This slow start is mainly due to excess energy (energy that would normally be stored) being used up during the early development process.

It is important to note that you do not have to actually fill the Sub-Navel centre before energy begins overflowing into the Sub-Heart and Sub-Brow centres. As the Sub-Navel centre is being developed and filled, pre-conditioned energy is fed into each of the two higher centres automatically. If the procedures given in this book are followed, the three storage centres will fill and develop together, naturally and in a well-balanced way; and when it comes to long-term energy body development balance is extremely important.
    http://www.astraldynamics.com/search.as ... renceID=99

Here are some more ideas by Robert:
    Reversing the energy 'raising' action and taking energy down through the legs (not through primary centres) however, does help reduce activity in primary energy centres. This reversed energy raising action does not involved any type of direct chakra stimulation and will reduces the amount of energy flowing into the energy body, especially through the legs. This reduces the amount of energy available to primary energy centres, thereby reducing activity in them to some extent. This does not, however, involve any focused awareness actions at the sites of primary centres.

Energy centres, primary and secondary, naturally reduce their level of activity once relaxation discipline is broken, as well as when they cease to be stimulated or used. The best way to deactivate energy centres is to stop stimulating and using them. Energy centres will also cease activity when they become energetically exhausted. This will happen when the supporting energy body circuitry shuts down, becomes exhausted, or for some other reason becomes incapable of providing the required energy flow necessary to maintain primary energy centres in their active state.

Note: if no significant continuing energy movement or activity is felt in primary energy centres, after a development session or projection attempt, they should be left alone. An attempt should be made to reduce activity 'only' if continuing chakra sensations are pronounced or become bothersome and uncomfortable. If left alone, they will naturally deactivate very quickly once relaxation discipline is broken and physical movement and activity are restored.

Ways Of Reducing Primary Centre Activity:

Reverse the energy raising action in the legs and arms alone - pushing energy back down and out of the body.

Stop focusing awareness on any primary energy centres.

Break mental relaxation and trance and restore normal physical and mental activity. Move, stand, talk, stretch and restore full circulation and movement.

Curl up and go to sleep - if this is appropriate.

Have a substantial snack or meal.

Press and hug a pillow into an uncomfortably overactive centre, then go to sleep or take a nap.

Vigorously rub, massage or slap the sites of overactive energy centres.

Physical exercise, like walking, jogging, swimming, aerobics, etc.

Take a shower - cold if necessary.
    * Combinations of the above actions will slow or stop energy centre activity.
    - RB.

http://www.astraldynamics.com/search.as ... enceID=274

I hope this helps. If you feel your question wasn't adequately answered, then by all means repost your question- but please read all the available resources put forth by Robert first.
    Thanks and good luck.
    ps. I have had these problems in the past and base center stimulation definitely worked for me.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Re: Intense Discomfort located in/around Brow Chakra

G'day,

Brow center pressure pains are typical of a chakra that is growing out of dormancy.

first, use affirmations to reduce activity and pain. EG, 'my brow chakra is relaxed and comfortable'

and apart from what has already been suggested, I recommend you go to the following link

http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=10

And read the link on 'sleeping earthed'

get a sleeping earthed setup and this will help ground your energy body and will help restore calm.