Hi all,

I'm new to this site and at the risk of probably repeating this subject (although I tried finding similar posts on this forum and alas failed - so please guide me to them if they indeed exist), I was wondering if anyone had participated in any scientific experiments, or done his/her own tests (in a very controlled and reproducible environment) to prove beyond the shadow of any doubt the reality of OBEs, as opposed to being just a very lucid dream, a figment of our imagination?

I have read Charles Tart's experiment, however this was done a while ago and it's the only test as such that I've encountered. He also had a single successful subject. Considering the millions of people who project regularly, I just thought it may have crossed someone's mind to actually setup some valid tests. I definitely would...well if only I could project (sigh).

After all, we all want to answer the biggest question of all time: is there more to life than just inexorable death?

I am also familiar with Dr. Sam Parnia's NDE work and he is actually looking into conducting more extensive research by placing images/visual targets above patient's beds. I imagine that reported NDE experiences, although most of them did corroborate to a certain extent the fact that consciousness lives beyond the cessation of all brain activity, was still not convincing enough...hence these new tests.

So has anyone done conclusive experiments or has proof?