Thread: Magical Use Of Thought Forms

Blog Entries

Magical Use Of Thought Forms

Copied from another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by OlderWiser
    As luck would have it, I'm reading a book on that exact subject. It's a book I quite highly recommend, too!

The book is Magical Use Of Thought Forms: A Proven System of Mental & Spiritual Empowerment by Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki

It's got some amazingly good information and advice on creating, using, and keeping astral forms, and very good exercises to follow, along with great advice on many subjects. Well worth reading, IMHO.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

I've heard it was really good. I think I'll get myself a copy...

Here's a good article using thought-forms"

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/greywolf ... ar06.shtml

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/positive ... eb07.shtml

Blog Entries
    Are these thoughtforms entities or items?

Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo

Oliver
    This was the other thread CF was talking about. The original questions was about objects.
    http://forums.astraldynamics.com/vie...ghlight=#73918

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    Well, according to what I'm reading, you can do both, more or less. The objects, well, those are objects, obviously, and you can make them permanent if you want (I've got a Tibetan ceremonial kartika knife, for example, that I can call on at will, supposed to be good for fighting evil, woohoo ).

As for entities, from what I'm reading (and I haven't finished this chapter yet, so I might come back and say more or make corrections or whatever), you can make "godforms", that is, the form of a classical "god", like, say, Hermes, and use that for various purposes, including assuming the form yourself. You could also call to the form the essence of the original thoughts and beliefs and such that went into the creation of the idea of "a deity called Hermes" (although, really, all the Greek deities were idealised symbols and it's entirely unclear if even the Greeks really took them literally or only as symbols), and use that as an aid in some sort of magick.

Interestingly, the book suggests that you can also make angelic forms but that inhabiting them is not a good idea for several reasons, the biggest of which is that when you do, an angelic type spirit is likely to come and inhabit the form quite quickly.

Now the disclaimer: I haven't tried any godforms, let alone an angel form. I'm still doing the basic exercises of creating simple objects (spheres, cubes, pyramids, columns, etc., though I did get a bit fancy with the kartika). Today I made a box with a lid and covered it with red and gold brocade, very pretty. Don't know what I'll keep in it, but I did make it. I might line it with velvet, too, why not? It's good practice and I can always dissolve it if I want to, though there's no reason I have to.

The author recommends that you practice the basic stuff for at least a month before moving on to animatable objects (like the godforms), so that's what I'm going to do.

I've also taken the opportunity to fix up my inner landscape a bit. The castle was quite small, so I put a big outer wall around it to create some courtyards and I put in some new towers and a mote. Need to work on the gardens some more, though...

I'll probably write more as I continue reading.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.