Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How much easier can it get to have OBEs?

gigaschatten Guest
    Very well,

I have now reached a point where I can:

1. Relax on command, feeling the tension leave my muscles and myself getting heavy - repetitions deepens relaxation.

2. Enter trance using the 'trance' command after relaxing with the above command for a while. The exterior conditions should be confortable. A warm (not hot) bath works for me. A dark silent room is also fine, it should be cozy warm as well.

I wasn't able to project yet, but I felt a strong pulling sensation when using the exit command, so I think I'm pretty close. It seems that after a while, just a few repetitions of the mantra per day are sufficient, yet doing it regularly and thoroughly (with conviction) is key.

I'll update the post, when the actual projection was successful or something else of interest happens.

Here's the current mantra:

"When I command myself 'relax', my body will be fully relaxed.
    When I command myself 'trance', I will enter deep trance.
    When I command myself 'exit', I will exit my physical body.
    I will remember everything."

Adjust to your needs, the basic principle should be obvious.

gigaschatten Guest
    The latest status from my experimentations:

It has become very easy to enter trance without much effort or preparation. Nevertheless I wasn't able yet to do the exit, I'm still stuck with near-exit-sensations and hope I'll take the last step using this method soon. ROPE hasn't proved useful in that combination for me. I still believe (more than ever) that the single key is losing awareness of the physical body while preserving consciuousness. Quod erat demonstrandum.

An interesting observation is, that the 'relax' command works almost instantly and I can feel tension fall off from my body like a shower of water running over my skin down to the floor. The 'trance' command works with delay, but when it takes effect, it almost hits me like a wall. I'd say it has an element of surprise to it that I didn't notice with other meditation techniques. Before trance 'hits' me, I have shifting sensations immediately after using the command, like rotating around my body axis, sometimes vertically, sometimes horizontally. Using the 'exit' command, there is a strong pulling sensation at my 'body' (at that point I'm fully unaware of my real body, so it must be the imagined one), but as said before, no exit so far.

I'm going to do more experimentation tonight, but I drank some alcohol which usually makes it a lot harder to keep focussed, we'll see, I'm quite sober, but it may have made me too tired.

Besides, I'm using earplugs because of all things, sounds easily startle me and break the trance. I'm also using those whenever I have to go to the city center, use public transportation or in any other noisy place. It's like all that stress around can not get through to you anymore. Try it yourself, it makes a great difference and helps to deal with unpleasant modern life aspects.

gigaschatten Guest
    It seems I'm currently stuck. It is still easy to enter trance, but I wasn't able to trigger the exit properly yet. I'm preparing a better designed suggestion mantra, maybe record it, so I don't have to concentrate which allows a deeper relaxation. There is a difference of depth you can reach by self-induced and externally induced trance (a record counts as external), so the external choice may be more effective.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2