Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: End of the World Dreams (questions)

Serenity Guest

End of the World Dreams (questions)

Do you have any end of the world dreams? How often? How does it all end in your dreams? Does anyone survive or is it a true end of the world/mass extinction?

I've been having quite a few off and on over the past few months, so I'm curious.

Blog Entries
    Yes- since I was about 12 I kept having 'tsunami with visitation' type dreams. In them only a handful of people survived (interestingly, all those people have died, except me) and the dream ended then.
    I have had dreams about bombs flying, starting 10 years ago, (before the 9-1-1 event) and get them every few years still. I also get other dreams that are set in a post-apocalyptic setting, almost as an afterthought. (There are always survivors in my dreams.)
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

I dream pretty regular about a post apocalyptic wasteland.. there are a few survivors. mostly it is post nuke, or post asteroid impact. I have various dreams set at different times along the dream sequence; as the bombs go off.. just after.. before, during and after the asteroid.. months and years later after both too.

i had one recently,and my girlfriend had one the same night-but different dream about the end.
    in my dream the focus of the destruction was LA.not surprising really...
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Serenity Guest
    So what do these dreams mean to each of you?

And if you're curious - I've been having dreams about tsunamis large enough to go around the world. There are usually about a dozen survivors, when I survive to see them. When I die in the dreams, I don't know if anyone survives

well, im gonna stick my neck out here. for me, my dreams are like a pruning of a dead branch. from destruction comes rebirth.. they dont scare me at all. for me, the dreams are a return to simpler times thru a harsh lesson learnt.

Blog Entries
    I've had such dreams: tsunamis and A-bombs. I think they may mark the end of a period in one's life and major life changes.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries
    Perhaps the magnitude of the events in your dreams just signifies the importance of the message for your life?

Tsunamis could be associated with "being swept away", "lost at sea". Or here:

Flood

To see a raging flood with its muddy debris, signifies that you will have much unsettling occurrences and tribulations in life. Your repressed emotions may be overwhelming you.

To dream that you are swept away by a flood, forewarns that someone is trying to use you.

To see a gentle flood, indicates that your worries over a certain matter will be soon be swept away.

Tidal Wave

To see a tidal wave in your dream, represents an overwhelming emotional issue that demands attention. You may have been keeping your feelings and negative emotions bottled up inside.

To dream that you can create a tidal wave with your mind, is analogous to your ability to control your emotions and keep them in line.

Tsunami

To see a tsunami in your dream, represents that you are being overwhelmed by some repressed feelings or unconscious material that is rising up to the surface. You are experiencing some unhappiness and emotional instability in some waking situation.
    (all from: http://www.dreammoods.com/)

When you become victim, it might mean you are in doubt whether you will master this. When you survive it might mean you think you can master this.

Do you think these are dreams like any other or pertaining to something more real (= physical event of any kind)?

Oliver

Blog Entries
    I think how you feel in the dream is significant. I know in my end of world dreams I've never felt sad. I've felt neutral, accepting, awed, even glad that I was with my family, but never sad.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Serenity Guest
    Korpo - I'd have to be more aware of what was going on me when they happened. I've been slacking on dream journaling.

BeeKeeper - Good point. I've had a range of emotions in these dreams. The strangest was anger in this:

...The third installment was just weird because the wave had come, some official people had survived, we were all keeping and eye on how the water behaved because we weren't sure if it was over... I stood with many other people I knew to be the new officials of the decimated country (I'm not sure if we were in Australia or not) listening to them talk about rebuilding society.

Suddenly, there were a group of three or four older men wandering around and preaching the about the bible and God's wrath, etc. They were dressed as you'd imagine Roman soldiers to be dressed. Togas, wrap-up-the-leg straps on their shoes, helmets like this. Only one had a copy of the actual bible.

I got so angry at them because I knew the last thing the new civilization would need was a return to old ways (Roman society) and people running around preaching we deserved the great flood/tsunami. I took his bible from him, chucked it in the water, and yelled at him, "That god is dead!"