Thread: When waking up of my dream , not having control of my body

KnowSeekerone Guest

When waking up of my dream , not having control of my body

Hello forum ,

i wonder if someone could explain this to me ... Before the begining of this year (strangely this did not happen this year) , the following happens to me :

i sleep normally and may be dreaming but in some strange i kind of get aware (wake-up from my dream) seeing the room where sleeping but i cannot control my physical body ... i have to provide many effort before taking back control of my physical body (in this state , i am not dreaming any more as i am able to see everything in the room i am in).

Could you please tell me what was happening ?

i am new in these topics and forum ...

N.B : sorry for my poor english , i am french speaking

Blog Entries
    Hello, KnowSeekerone.

Have a look at AD-Pedia, under the topic of Paralysis:

http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=8159

Waking Paralysis seems to be very often associated with having an Out-of-Body Experience. You're not really controlling your body at this point, but observing from a perspective that is slightly out of phase with it. You are shifted more into your energetic aspect so to say, which can go its own travels.

Some people think dreaming is like this, too.

Waking paralysis is not dangerous and can usually be broken by for example trying to move the right big toe.

Take good care,
    Oliver

KnowSeekerone Guest
    thanks Korpo ,

i have read the articles , i will try to apply these advise if this happen again....

stargazer Guest
    I've read around a bit and some OBE'ers look at sleep paralysis as a gift... (I can't, too hard! LOL.. darn scary!) they consider it a perfect platform to OBE, i.e. in that you are the perfect state to launch a fresh OBE (assuming you've reeled in the errant astral self that's out there having adventures, which is up for debate)

The way they accomplish this is by attempting deep breathing accompanied by the typical OOB visualization techniques; I guess some people say that all it takes is the breathing to whoosh you right out, or alternatively break the paralysis.

Also one may lapse back into sleep quite safely from SP.

I do enjoy the idea of taking an experience, owning it, and turning it into a positive. *nodnod*

KnowSeekerone Guest

Re: When waking up of my dream , not having control of my body

Hello Guys ,

sorry for bringing back this topic , but something is really bordering me since i have started doing research or find out what waking paralysis was , i do not have them (Waking paralysis) anymore

i was told it is a part of getting in OBE, but it has been a year now i have not had one.

anyone here knows what going on ? or why this is happening as i used to have waing paralysis since my
    childhood.

what can i do something to trigger it back ?

Hope to hear from you guys. thanks in advance

Blog Entries

I have to interject myself into this article to say that I disagree with the concept of sleep paralysis being a good platform for OBE.
    Trance is a good platform for conscious OBE, but sleep paralysis is another thing. In sleep paralysis there is not always lucidity and the focus is on the body (and the fact that you can't move.) I don't think this is desirable.
    Trance however, can include paralysis, but there is a level of lucidity and awareness that is the perfect state for OBE, and unfortunately both states get confused often. So don't look for sleep paralysis, because that just puts emphasis on your body state, something you don't want to do if you want a successful OBE, and look for deep trance, a state which may include paralysis but doesn't include thinking about it- the focus is outward or inward, but not the body.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

KnowSeekerone Guest

thanks for your inputs CFT ...

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    I have to interject myself into this article to say that I disagree with the concept of sleep paralysis being a good platform for OBE.
    Trance is a good platform for conscious OBE, but sleep paralysis is another thing. In sleep paralysis there is not always lucidity and the focus is on the body (and the fact that you can't move.) I don't think this is desirable.
    Trance however, can include paralysis, but there is a level of lucidity and awareness that is the perfect state for OBE, and unfortunately both states get confused often. So don't look for sleep paralysis, because that just puts emphasis on your body state, something you don't want to do if you want a successful OBE, and look for deep trance, a state which may include paralysis but doesn't include thinking about it- the focus is outward or inward, but not the body.