Thread: A number of questions

tsutanai Guest

A number of questions

Hello, Robert. I hope you will oblige me and answer my question.

My reasoning has led me to the following conclusions. Please tell me, if you can, which, if any of them, are incorrect according to your understanding of things:

1. There is in fact no such thing as free will, unless you take the phrase to refer to the ability to will something other than what God wills. What action one takes is a merely a function of the arrangement of matter and energy within one's physical brain and one's soul (if the soul exists) and the current stimuli/conditions to which the actor is being exposed.

2. What is termed 'love' is a merely a gladness - sometimes a very intense gladness - directed at someone or something, a gladness that derives from the knowledge that that being or thing in some way benefits you or may somehow be of aid to you should your life become straitened at some point in the future.

3. All of the things to which human beings attach the most importance, all the things which humans regard as being the most profound, mystical, magical, and spiritual are in the mean merely products of human competitive drives, products of the will to be better than others and to make their superiority known to others. What I have in mind here is art, music, poetry, philosophy, humour, etc... Sometimes these things are clearly sought and pursued for their own sake, but most of the time human achievements in any field relate more to will to climb the human hierarchical pyramid, as I call it, than to anything else. And isn't that sad? The very reason why people wish to climb this pyramid is that at the top one receives what evolutionary psychologists would call "the goodies" (i.e. more opportunities for procreation, right of first refusal of food, the power to direct events and be in control, and a feeling of safety and security knowing that when things get rough, your underlings will be their to bail you out.) So therefore, the things regarded as products of the soul and of the more meaningful, deep, and beautiful facets of one's being are really predicated on base and instinctual human lusts for empty material things.

4. The vast majority of human beliefs are falsehoods, which few ever come to recognize as such because people have a few very severe blindspots that hide from them the true subconscious motivations and reasons for their actions. They contrive all sorts of tortuous and overly-elaborate - and perfectly silly - explanations for their deeds. This is a Freudian idea. Much of his hypotheses have been utterly discredited but I believe that there remains a great deal of merit in this one. His belief, to put things more line with his wording, was that people are largely unaware of the real reasons for why they do what they do - the real reasons existing within the subconscious mind and not the conscious mind.

These realizations of mine have really had the effect of making life seem quite meaningless, boring, empty, and futile. I would like to discover that any one of them were false, but I am not hopeful in the least. I find myself wishing I didn't exist, whether in body or soul, because life just doesn't offer anything interesting or enjoyable to me. It's all very blah and meh and to me seems to be not much more than a disordered and chaotic, and purposeless series of acts and events.

Thank you very much for your time.

Re: A number of questions

G'day,

I understand where you are coming from and feel for you. Most who seek eventually come to similar conclusions. You are currently seeking with your intellect. This point generally takes about 20 years of seeking to find. And then the search is turned inwards, which is the only direction that can offer any answers.

I agree with most of what you say, on the surface. However, there are deeper levels of everything you say that are not so simple.

I will only comment on one of your realizations, on love. You state that you hope to discover that even one of these is false, and I will oblige you here.

If there is even one exception to a theory, that theory is suspect, you must agree. This is scientific method and reasoning.

Love, as you state it, is merely a biological and social function. However, this does not explain sacrifice for love. For example, where one surrenders ones life for a friend, eg, where a soldier takes a fatal bullet to spare a friend. Or, a couple of years ago here in Australia, where a man pushed his wife behind him as a great white shark charged, and was torn to pieces. Certain death does not come with any social or biological reward. I could go on at length, and I am sure you could discount many of these things as programming and etc. But my point is that there are deeper levels, which I hope you agree on.

This gives us a starting point.

At the point you are at, or close to, you will come to a further realization. Then everything will start to make sense.

This is.....

You are God.

You are Source.

Whatever you want to call it, you are the creator of the universe.

Scientists know a lot about the universe, from a millisecond after the so called Big Bang. But they know absolutely nothing about what happened before this point, of where it came from or what caused it, etc.

The universe has a Source. This Source is pure consciousness.

Matter, every atom, is a manifestation of consciousness or Source. This includes you.

Imagine yourself as a glove that contains Source. You only perceive yourself as the glove and this is all you know.

But, in fact, you are both the glove and the hand within. The hand within is a part of the body of Source, of God.

The hand and the glove are indivisible.

At some point after conception, in your mother's womb, Source consciousness entered your body. This consciousness contains all knowledge. But as it passes into you, it passes through a veil of forgetfulness.

Source/God is perfect.

The only way Source/God can experience you as you perfectly, is to actually be you.

Anything less would be like a virtual reality game. It would not be real, not real enough to be perfect.

The meaning of life is indicated by its beginning, birth, and its end, death.

At birth you enter physical reality completely empty, perfectly empty. And by so doing you start with a totally blank slate and can experience physical life in all its glory, from scratch. You get to learn and make your own choices and one way or another you live your life.

And then at the end of your life, what then....

At the end of life, you can only take one thing with you, only one thing. And that one thing is your memories of your life experience, and of who you have become.

You start with nothing, and live life experience, and take the experience with you after life.

So, logically, the meaning and purpose of life is to live your life and to fill it full of rich life experience. To know joy and suffering and everything between.....

It is all about the journey, about 'now'. This one moment in time that we have. It does not matter where we came from or where we are heading to. Only 'now' matters. Its all about living the journey...life.

The fact that you are Source/God has been hidden in a very clever place, almost unfindable.... right before your nose. It is so obvious when you think about this, that you will wonder why you never thought of it before.

This is the realization that will come to you eventually, sooner or later. And then you will turn your attention within. There you will in time find your answers.

Everything you have learned and observed so far will serve you well. It is good to know how life works.

But when you did into the deeper levels, you will find much that you did not suspect. And there, deep down, you will find your true self smiling back at you.

First realize this. Then, tackle your ego. After this great accomplishment, mastering your ego, you will find yourself
    standing in the foothills of spiritual evolution, looking up at a gigantic mountain range....

Enjoy the journey, for this is all there is....

Robert