Thread: Activating the Feet

sono Guest

Activating the Feet

I'm afraid I'm not sure how I got onto a Brazilian site called Spiritual Journeys - if it was via this Forum I apologise for repeating the info! But there is an interesting energy excercise given in their tutorial - to visualise the big toe on the right foot in glowing orange, and the smallest toe on the left foot in glowing green. After about 3 minutes the most amazing sensations arose for me, it felt as if some living thing was moving under the skin of my feet, forming circles under the ball of the foot, going over to the top, circling down & even "bubbling" sensations up the shins. It even seemed to affect the palms of my hands! I presume this means that I have had blockages in these areas. . .? Because I've been doing this for 2 weeks now & the sensations are much less intense. I realise the wisdom of R Bruce's advice to pay a lot of attention to the feet when starting out in energy work (am guilty of skimming over them!) so if there's anyone else who is skipping to more "interesting" chakras etc, hopefully this info can be of use! I find if I use different approaches to energy work after a few weeks, different sensations occur in different parts of the body, so perhaps the methods are all complementary?

Namaste

Noelle

star Guest
    Thanks for the advice Sono, I enjoy working on my feet also.

Blog Entries
    Cleansing my feet usually makes me more grounded, not having such strange, strong sensations. Interesting, though.

Oliver

sono Guest
    Maybe I'm just overreacting in some way (as I do to certain mantras which make me dizzy & shaky after half an hour) Wouldn't you be so kind as to "test run" this, as you have a lot of in-depth experience in energy work??

Namaste
    Noelle

Blog Entries
    Mind you, sono, I'm not so good on visualisation.

However, I've tried it, and I felt almost instantly a surge of warmth in my body. To my own surprise!

My feet seemed to pump warmth, and even in the torso there seemed to be some kind of circulation of warmth. These sensations came and went and even triggered my blockages in my legs that connect to the right big toe - on the calf, for example.

I wonder if the contrary nature of the colors - orange and green - plays a role, and if the one is the energy source and the other the energy sink. No matter, what, I know I did blockage work on my right big toe just recently, so I know simply focusing my attention there does not have the same effect.

What should this exercise accomplish, BTW?

Oliver

sono Guest
    It's supposed to increase awareness of the energy body for the purposes of astral projection & general self-awareness. Thanks for trying it, am glad to hear it worked on (even ) you. I was also surprised at the speed at which it worked
    Namaste!

Sythix Guest
    Wow, this little technique worked for me too. I felt all the things you mentioned and quickly fell into almost a trance state; I felt like I was losing awareness of my body.

Triot Guest
    Jumped from the feet to the heart. Natural it goes down to the
    stomach by itself. Next is to try and move it from heart to hands
    and experiment with healing.

And try and move awareness out of the body into external objects.

Doesn't seem to go in a streemline, but an option to pick a spot
    and start from there.