Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Would you like a Jungian Dream Analysis?

Blog Entries
    Okay. I'm ready to play. I had a really weird and somewhat frightening dream that has me quite puzzled.

I went out to a party of some sort (this is totally atypical for me in waking life; I'm NOT a party girl at ALL). While there, I encountered a well-known rap artist, and he took a liking to me for some bizarre reason, but I was kind of flattered by the attention. He persuaded me to go with him somewhere, and I did. He had a female assistant with him, as well, and we got into this HUGE SUV he had, the kind with three rows of seats (like a mini-van inside).

On the way to the vehicle, another woman was there, sort of grabbing at me and crying, accusing me of "stealing" him from her. I had no idea what she was talking about. She sais something like, "So, do you expect me to have to get a new boyfriend now?!" and I just looked at her and went on. I got the impression that there were a whole string of women that this guy had picked up, dated, whatever, and then basically abandoned. I wasn't concerned at that point, because I didn't see me as having anything like a romantic relationship with this guy. I was just sort of flattered in his interest, or something along those lines.

I got into the SUV and saw that my two young daughters were there with me, in the SUV, and I asked "Are they in seatbelts?" but they weren't, so I insisted they be buckled in. By this time the SUV was moving, and I was starting to get really apprehensive. We continued driving and I came to understand that he wanted to take me away for some weekend or something, and I said, "Oh, no, I can't do that!"

Then I saw that the sun was coming up and I got really panicked. I explained that I have a husband and a family and they'd be really worried if I just didn't come home, but nothing I said would persuade him to stop or take me back or let me out. The image of the sky starting to turn light with dawn is very vivid...

I woke up then with a start and had to deliberately breathe a few times and make sure it had only been a dream.

Now, I have NO idea what to make of that. I do happen to regard SUVs as stupid and pointless and excessive. I don't like rap, nor do I listen to it. I never go to parties, nor do I want to. I don't know why my kids would suddenly turn up in the dream (they weren't at the party; I was on my own).

I'm listening.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Silence Guest
    Thanks Pneumaphor,

Looking forward to the intrepretation! Will have to read up more on Dr Jung. Esp of your reference.

Enjoy the day,
    Silence

Pneumaphor Guest
    Happy Thanksgiving, Astral Dynamics!!!

http://www.shashachu.com/photolog/thank ... Turkey.jpg

May the harvest of the earth nourish you all and make you sleepy!

Olderwiser,

If I had not had a similar dream recently, I would probably be at a loss to help in this case but I think I can shed some light on it. Would you prefer that the interpretation be sent to your inbox or posted in public?

Silence,

Same question: Would you prefer that I sent your interpretation to your pm inbox or post it here?

Please forgive the undue care I seem to be taking, it is just a good habit that I consider an asset: 'Measure twice, cut once' is how we say it here in 'the hills.'

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pneumaphor
    If I had not had a similar dream recently, I would probably be at a loss to help in this case but I think I can shed some light on it. Would you prefer that the interpretation be sent to your inbox or posted in public?
    Kewl! Uhm... better PM it.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

blacktiger057 Guest
    This is my dream that I had about a week ago. It has people from my favorite show, Charmed...it was really bizarre.

So I was in San Fransisco standing by a really tall building. Then Piper(person from show) came up to me and said that some mad man was going to blow up California and that we had to save it.

So a bunch of other girls gathered around me and we started chanting. We placed crystals around us. It was very weird, because this was not like the regular magick that I practice. We created a shield that spread over the city. But then it suddenly cracked, and in the dream I knew what had happened. I just had the feeling I knew, but in the present I have no idea what it was. The shield, which was blue and sparking, gathered around us. The explosion went off. After a minute, we put the shield down. Everything was gone and smoking, except for us. AT this part of the dream I was saddened and a felt the strangest emptinest.

Throughtout most of the dream I had a definate sense of purpose. I knew exactly what I was doing, even though I really have no idea in the physical world. I hope this makes sense!

Silence Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pneumaphor

Same question: Would you prefer that I sent your interpretation to your pm inbox or post it here?
    Yes, thanks Pneumaphor, would prefer that.

So appreciate your time doing this!

Blessings,
    Silence

Pneumaphor Guest
    Silence,

Sorry, I just reread your first post here and you already explicitly answered my question. A thousand apologies for actually asking you twice, it was unintentional! I apologize to my self for that one. Okay, I'll hush and get to work now.

Love, Light and Blessings!

sono Guest
    PLEASE won't you be so kind as to interpret these 2 rather awful dreams I had on my birthday, which makes me feel they may be signifcant: I am being guided by a red-haired woman to a station; we are talking about esoteric matters, Gnosis in particular & she says there are no Gnostic schools in the UK (where the dream takes place) I am hampered by wearing the wrong shoes - am carrying my walking shoes in my right hand, which I finally put on, but can't climb up a high step to get to the platform in time - I can see her red hair as she rides off on the departing train. It is all dark; she had told me there were "no lights at stations" I sit down outside on a bench; the waiting room is full of people, but also dark. A very short train passes; & then a longer train approaches with the name "Vetch" in front as its destination. I don't know where that is, so decide against getting on. I feel quite calm, acccepting my fate.

Dream 2: I am swimming in a huge square pool "as big as the sea". The water is a nasty brown-red. There are several other people there too (all strangers). At one point I climb onto a floating suitcase but slip off again when "the whales come" & bump me. I am trying to avoid the whales; a woman says this is the "pool of our dead" & asks me if "her Leidel" (Lyadel?/ Lye-del? - sounds German or maybe Yiddish) could be there - I say of-course. Now at the shallow end, (it's deepest in the middle of the pool) I find I can touch the bottom, but can't bear to put my feet down; I keep swimming back & forth in horror, getting entangled in something which turns out to be an old pair of womens' stockings. Am then awoken by my alarm clock.

Pneumaphor Guest
    Dear Dreamers,

Due to extenuating circumstances, I will no longer be offering Jungian dream interpretations on Astral Dynamics. Doing anything Jungian on a website is like trying to fit a full grown elephant through a drinking straw. I was not fully aware of this limitation when I started this thread, but the last dream I had made it all finally crystal clear to me.

To those who have helped me so far by posting their dreams on my thread, I thank you and I tip my hat to you. You have helped me more than you may ever know, and for that, I will remain eternally grateful. Seekers are finders, never forget that. Keep seeking!

This officially ends the thread.