Thread: Lucid Dream Signs

Apex Guest

Lucid Dream Signs

A few days ago I was successful in taking control of a dream. I'll say how I did it and hope it'll help others who are trying to do the same.

I was wandering to the kitchen in my apartment and tried to turn on the light. The switch didn't work, so I instantly remembered to reality check. At this point it appeared that a "haze" around me receded, allowing me to focus more. In order to make sure I was dreaming, I ran at my front door and went through it (to my surprise).

Anyhow, I wandered around a bit doing things you probably aren't interested in, and eventually decided to try to turn it into an OBE. So I focused and willed myself strongly back into my "body". I felt myself wake up, and was about to write it down when I thought struck me: What if I'm still dreaming?

I heard that if you read something and look back at it, it will change if you're dreaming (I posted something about this in another thread). I looked at my clock a few times and it was different each time. I willed myself awake again and this time woke up for real.

Hopefully, some people will find this info useful.

Edit: Another thing I'll add is that alarm clocks that won't turn off are usually a sign you're not awake.

Quantitativefool Guest
    That's a great experience, congratulations

Also thank you for writing your experience I'm sure it will help some other people.

Congratulations again,
    -Stu

I know it will help us both if we figure what we were actually doing in that "state". It's quite a wierd experience because, well atleast for me, thought that I was actually awake, but I was "dreaming" just like you.