Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tibetan dream yoga

Jenn Lynn Guest

Tibetan dream yoga

Has anybody here had any experience with this?

You could have a read HERE and check the link provided.
    Never doubt there is Truth, just doubt that you have it!

Jenn Lynn Guest
    Thank you for the reply, I actually did search the topic before posting and I do own this book as well as a few others....this is something I have had experience with practicing, so I was wondering if anyone else has practiced Tibetan dream yoga as well. Sorry for not being clear..

Jennifer

btw - the first link is broken

Never doubt there is Truth, just doubt that you have it!

Jenn Lynn Guest
    hmmm, maybe i should ask this a different way. in tibetan dream yoga, there are several exercises to do once you are able to achieve a reliable conscious dream state (i do feel that OBEs and lucid dreams are the same phenomenon). you can take any objects and shrink them down or make them large, multiply them infinitely, multiply yourself, reverse the sequential order of the dream, tear the environment apart entirely, etc. the two things i am most interested in are whether anyone has had the experience during a lucid dream/OBE where they deliberately caused harm or destroyed their bodily form, or if they have ever performed any sort of meditation practice in this state.

jennifer

Blog Entries
    I have talked to other aspects of myself (knowing they are), and once while OBE I 'played' with my body, poking my astral finger in my head and heart to see what happened. That's as close to what you're asking as I have no desire to harm myself, consciously or subconsciously (at the moment at least).
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Jenn Lynn Guest
    i didnt realize how my question was going to sound until i read your reply.

actually, you dont do the bodily harm out of a desire to hurt yourself in a negative way, its more of an ego destruction exercise... you are aware that you are in a "dream" world so you are also aware that causing any kind of harm to your dream body form wont actually hurt you. its one of the hardest and most fascinating things ive attempted. i recommend it if you havent tried.

Blog Entries
    But when I interact with other aspects of myself I'm more interested in knowing what's 'in there', so to speak, because I don't believe in 'ego destruction' as a means to anything. In my worldview the ego isn't real in the sense of only the eternal being real, so there's nothing in essence to destroy, only my own belief in it. So I'd rather try to figure it out, instead of destroying it. Then maybe I'll figure out why I believe in it enough for it to exist in the threedimensional universe. Even if it ultimately doesn't matter, it's more fun to investigate than to destroy.
    Just my worldview, anyway.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Jenn Lynn Guest
    right on, your world view makes good sense. i tend to have some time to kill in the astral so i like to try out techniques that other cultures have subscribed to, and i have to believe that a couple thousand years of the dream yoga practiced by the monks might have some things of interest worth discovering

perhaps the word destroy is a poor choice...this particular practice is in itself an interesting analysis of one's own mind. in my case, i was able to set fire to my arm and watch it burn, and i encountered some very complex emotions and thoughts that are hard to describe, and at the same time there was an intense struggle taking place in my mind. one side was telling me that this event should be causing me to feel pain and alarm, and that instincts should be moving me to action in order to preserve my existence. the other logical side was telling me that this was a dream and that all the warning i was receiving from the other side of my mind were unnecessary because the rules of the physical world of my waking life did not apply in this realm.

in the end it turns out to be a struggle involving belief, so i think we agree

Blog Entries
    Jenn Lynn, I can see a possible rationale for such "self-mutilation" in a dream, though I have never tried it. Perhaps it will be beneficial when we escape this life in understanding that nothing that happened to our physical body (or the bodies of those we loved) had any real impact on our eternal self other than the knowledge it provided.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast