Thread: waking dreams/ dream 'flashbacks'

boris Guest

waking dreams/ dream 'flashbacks'

ok this is fairly hard to expalin but im hoping some people here will know what i mean.

Ive always had a very good dream recall and I am frequently able to recall dreams that happened days, weeks and even months ago, but often when this happens its like im actually reliving the dream and the 'feeling' that underlies the dream comes back tangibly. (I find all dreams have a unique 'feeling' that comes with them like an atmosphere or 'colour') Often it gets to the point where it fills the room and theres a certain familiar 'magic' in the air.

As well as this I have a constant feeling as if theres only a very thin 'veil' between me in my waking state and the dream realms/state. This has been happening more often and with more intensity recently.

This is never unsetling or disorientating but has led to a fascination with the work of Dali.

Anyone get this or relate at all to this?

The Cusp Guest
    I know what you mean. Dreams leave a residual feeling. Those are what I use for recall. Kind of follow them back to the source.

I was trying to physically map out my dreams at one point (More difficult than it sounds), and following those feelings led to other related dreams. Mostly of the same dream location, but not always.

ranlinra13 Guest
    Usually when I've all of a sudden remember a dream from the past - with vivid feelings like it is really happening it is showing me that that dream is connected to this moment in my physical life.

I believe that dreams have "triggers" to help us recall them when we need them. Once I had the rip in the fabric of my car ceiling be that trigger. I looked up in middle of conversation, saw the rip and the dream flooded back. It was a dream I had forgotten about an accident. I felt the dream come alive. I felt the energy and started a little anxiety attack. When I drove home, I was very careful, asking my guides for help and safety. They were doing construction and so the light posts were out. I felt the energy increase - I drove slower on the freeway. It was late. I couldn't get over from the right lane to a center lane because of cars passing. I slowed down to about 35 - to see an accident in the lane and a person behind his car right in front of me. I was able to stop - put on flashers. I could have hit him - I could have hurt someone. Then the feelings went away and a calmness and peacefulness replaced the anxiety.

So, I believe there are these remembrances to pay attention to what is around us and see if there is a link with the dream.