Thread: Lower back injury energy work

Young Brother Guest

Lower back injury energy work

Hi every one

I've been doing some energy work on my lower back to try to restore ballance. Unfortunately, I keep stimulating the lower chakra/s (without trying) which increases desire for sex. I find this to be distracting. The injury however does not as yet seem to respond to what I'm doing.

Let me explain what I do...

As always I begin with relaxation and prayer; then focus on the area of the sacrum/coccyx. In a reclining chair and with feet elevated on a stool I begin a sweeping motion of energy from the coccyx to the upper lumber spine and back again. I visualise the energy moving back and forth along my spine.

I actualy "physicaly feel" the energy moving.

After a few minutes I become mentaly tired and find it difficult to maintain concentration and am unable to physicaly feel the energy moving; although I can still visualise it happening with no actual feeling; so I stop at this point. Why would I become mentaly tired?

Durin the exercise and for a few minutes after I experience pricking sensations in the lumber spine area on the skin surface. These are sufficient to cause me to flinch when they happen. These sharp needle like feelings do not occur more than two or three times during and after the exercise.

I should add that the injury is on the left side and the energy here is noticably different from that of the other side in that it feels thick and dense. I have to force the energy to move to begin with, but once moving it becomes easier - almost as if it gains a natural momentum?

OK, my question is this...

How can I continue without the distraction of stimulation?

Many thanks

Blog Entries

Re: Lower back injury energy work

My personal speculation would be that the bounce is more likely to induce agitation and stimulation. It is, after all, a stimulation exercise.

Moving energy consciously can be mentally tiring. Especially if you force it in any way. As you work with blockage, you work with resistance. Besides, I always get mentally tired when doing too much energy work. Too much is usually when I have to start bring myself to it harder, when I start to replace the easy early concentration with strained effort, etc.

When working with stuck and constricted muscles, I usually try to mentally replicate the sensation of unwinding, opening and expanding. By trying to actually feel that sensation there it starts to happen. I usually combine this with ongoing concentration on the spot. So, if something feels constricted, I place the expanding feeling there. Maybe you can put the opposite feeling there, too? For example a soothing, cool sensation like when rubbing something with menthol? I think anything you can strongly remember feeling and which seems apropriate to the problem might help.

Oliver

John Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Young Brother

OK, my question is this...

How can I continue without the distraction of stimulation?
    As I see it, energy work with the body is best when there is affection involved. The body responds to fond and caring intent. Even the blocked flow is something to bless. These things are appropriate.

I would not want to throw the baby out with the bath water. Blend and include this distraction with the process, IMO naturallly.

John

Try focussing on hands and feet. A lot of meridians end there, and you can give yourself a very good full body treatment indirectly.

Young Brother Guest

Hi all,
    Thanks for your replies. I haven't done any energy work since the question here. You have given me something to think on - thanks.

YB