Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bent keys.

Blog Entries
    ¿Has you done some experiment oriented to gather a statistical understanding of phenomenon..?
    Not me, but I did read about a study of this phenomenon some time ago in a magazine (FATE, I think it was) and whoever studied it found that when they measured the rate of 'unraveling' of socks, and the percentage of those that would be expected to get stuck to other clothes and temporarily dissappear, change colors or whatever else that could explain 'why' the pairs aren't pairs anymore, and found that statistical predictions didn't explain the sheer discrepancy between predicted outcome and what was actually measured.

Now, don't ask me how they tallied the data, but if memory serves correctly, it was a poll where people answered some questions, and I don't remember what the actual point of the study was, other to wonder about this phenomenon.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Chris_com28 Guest
    I've always wondered if socks have the strange ability to disapear into other dimensions. I now have a cunning idea to see where they really go. I'll buy I massive sock, climb into it and put it in the washing machine for a long warm wash with me in it. If I manage to get back I'll tell you all about it. Also, tell me which socks you're missing and I'll try and retieve them for you.

MelodyGrace Guest
    This is somewhat based on the Sock talk, but not quite, and more related towards self fulfilling prophecies.

First and foremost, I believe any high level of emotions can cause a surge in spiritual activity. Very much like how stress, in certain situations, can elevate the body to enormous lengths beyond normal consistency. (The oft-used example is someone seeing a relative or friend under a car, and then lifting that car to get them out from under it). So I think a high amount of anger (while unhealthy) can very much cause discrepencies in the physical world.

As for the socks, I think its something more to do with self-fulfilling prophecies then anything else. You Expect them to be gone, so they are. A bit of life experience from my part will explain this, I think.
    Somewhere in January of this year, I started thinking Five was a negative number, like it was bad luck. And three (my favorite number), was good luck. So I started believing in this, heavily.

Before I knew it, every fifth number I came across, brought bad luck. It wasn't just me 'noticing' this, it was actually happening. Three brought good luck. The more I pondered on this, the more it came true, untill I was literally afraid to go outside on the fifth and twenty fifth of every month (25 = 5*5), because bad things would happen. (Like cars swerving to hit me). Well, sometime a few months ago, I was playing a game, where it was more strategic to have fives, than any other number. Soon, I stopped believing that fives were bad luck, and sure 'nuff, bad stuff stopped happening on fives.

I think this is related to a strong will placed on the physical dimension to cause ripples. Similiar to like how one can bend a spoon if you will it, and concentrate enough.

So my advice for losing socks, is to STOP expecting them to disappear, and hopefully, they will stop. I hope this helps ^_^.

Melody

Edit: The same theory, if it can be called a theory, is why people have lucky charms (not the cereal, but thats yummy too ^_^). If you believe in something strongly enough, your will and innate powers will cause a physical manisfestation. Like 'My necklace brings me good luck', if you believe in it strongly enough, your necklace will indeed, start bringing you good luck. I truely hope this helps.

Blog Entries
    I think this is related to a strong will placed on the physical dimension to cause ripples. Similiar to like how one can bend a spoon if you will it, and concentrate enough.
    aka 'morphogenetic field', as coined by Dr. Rupert Sheldrake.
    I understand what you're saying- the Sock thing is a collective creation, at least in the industrialized west (and industrialized east too) so I'd have to expend mental energy to 'cancel out' the missing sock effect, so to speak.
    I've had passing number phobias as you describe-interestingly I had fear of the number five, probably from watching too many horror movies with 'evil' pentagrams in them. (At least that's a possible cause of that one). I got cured by going into my fear and discovering the root, and realizing that the pentagram is a holy symbol and showbiz gave it the bad rap.
    It's really easy to fall into these sociocultural traps, isn't it?
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.