Thread: This year's beautiful letter.

Blog Entries

This year's beautiful letter.

I love my students. I'm so lucky.

This is Michelle's letter (it was beautifully timed):

I write this letter for the purposes of thanking you for all the time and effort you have contributed to my education over the past two years. For all the marking, the practice papers, the endless essays, the late nights, the constant stream of emails, the school holiday lessons, the time sacrificed for your Year 12 students and all the odds and ends that often go unnoticed, my gratitude is beyond words. Academically, you have allowed me to strive for my full potential as both an Advanced and Extension English student.

I would also like to thank you for all your support as a friend and a mentor over the past two years. Year 11 and 12 have presented me with significant ups and downs and challenges; you have provided me with support and allowed me to grow in confidence and resilience during such periods. I cannot express in words how thankful I am for your constant presence in my life over the past 2 years, reassuring me, advising me, even giving my life more of a philosophical perspective, a view I have often opted to forego in the past! It seems like yesterday that you warned us of the perils of Extension english, the struggle Advanced English will be, and the onslaught of work that would continue over the next two years. I feel, however, with your assistance and support, these challenges have been significantly cushioned. I will always remember you as an English teacher who had the ability to inspire her students with an endless wealth of knowledge.

Thank you so much for everything. Regardless of the results I receive, I know that my abilities in English and my confidence in general have improved significantly with your assistance, thank you for being there to constantly remind and reassure me of my capabilities and for the words of wisdom and knowledge that inspired me so much.

Thank you.

Michelle is a beautiful soul. She is the eldest child of three and spends much of her time looking after her profoundly autistic youngest brother. There were times when he would begin screaming and self harming behaviours and it would continue for hours, often when she was trying to do her work or during the night while she tried to sleep. The chances are strong that she will be a carrier of the chromosome that causes her brother's condition and she will probably never have children. In any case, she has agreed to take on her brother when her parents are too old to look after him. She is an exceptional human being.

That's the power of love.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Pneumaphor Guest
    Wow,

Beautiful, Beekeeper, simply beautiful! As they say, thank you for sharing! A toast to one here who has walked a path with heart in none other career than teaching itself! *Bows to Beekeeper* No small accomplishment, that letter you posted, nor what kind of integrity it truly spoke of!

You get 110% in my book, Beekeeper!

Love and Light,
    Ron

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys.
    Williams)

Serenity Guest
    That's absolutely lovely.

johnbrent Guest

Re: This year's beautiful letter.

Where did you find that? It was great.. Would keep a copy and read it again soon...

Blog Entries

I keep a copy of Michelle's letter and several others in my purse. She did well on her final exams, btw.

I'm at a different school now- all boys. There are three people on staff that I've taught! (Getting old).

The other day I let my Year 11s in to the classroom, put my glasses on my desk and went to turn on the light. Came back to my desk and my glasses were gone. Nice kids in this class; I knew they'd be easy to break. Looked to my right at Gene, smiling guiltily, across to Ben, giggling, next too Dougie, whistling nonchalantly, then across to Blake looking innocent and really goofy in a pair of lady's spectacles. Cracked me up!
    Williams)

Blog Entries

That almost sounds like something my son's crew would do.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

johnbrent Guest

Well, boys would be boys... naughty and stuff.. well, anyone from all girls school??? what are the fun stuffs that ladies do there?