Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Reality... Am I the only one?

Re: Reality... Am I the only one?

Quote Originally Posted by hroom
    Hey all ,

So here's a thought, What if " I " am the only real person in the world and God is projecting everything around me so he can test me being human ? ...I mean it's an interesting thought ..I am not reffering to ME specificaly, but to anyone who might ask this question .... just think ... what if YOU are the only one real and God is projecting everything around YOU just to test you ? ..any ideas ? ..

Question: 'Lets say I think that I am the only one real around and I think everyone is just a projection - illusion - (no offence) ...how could you prove me wrong?"
    Quote Originally Posted by futureguy
    Well this is a very long thread and I am not into reading the whole thing, but I do want to comment on this and to give my opinion.

I think it is interesting that you would ask this because I once had a theory that we are all dreaming and that these lives we have are our dream lives and the characters around us including our own bodies are dream bodies. It is not at all impossible for this to be true. The existence of one thing never negates the existence of something else, thus anything is possible. Anything is possible.
    The idea expressed in this question is known to philosophers as Solipsism (http://www.iep.utm.edu/s/solipsis.htm).

The big problem with Solipsism is that no sane person believes it. One may, of course, play games, challenging other people to prove that they exist. But the real question is whether one can walk through walls, leap tall buildings at a single bound, fly like a bird, etc. without hurting oneself.

Akorah Guest
    Sorry to join in so late.. but i think you guys need to put your guns away.. I think we have already established the fact that this will never be proven. So perhaps we can get back onto the philosophical side of the theory i.e. the purpose of all this, and what exactly is all this - if it is all one mind/one god - what are the mechanics behind it? how exactly does it function/operate? to what end?

I only recently found out this is known as Silopsism... I have experienced this peusdo-matrix concept several times now on a personal first-hand experience level, on about 5-6 separate occasions. The more attention I place on it.. the more likely it seems true, the more coincidences/synchronicities occur, the more rules i am able to bend/break, and subsequently.. the more insane and unwell I become. I believe I know a few ways to break the entire system down.. but doing so would result in non-existence as someone mentioned earlier.. losing yourSELF. The only way about it is to go back to ignorance, or at least half way back to ignorance - knowing it as a truth - but continuing on for the sake of more knowledge and experience in order to evolve or perhaps become more wholesome, or at the very least try and live a life that you are happy with so that you are not so bothered by it. I have several theories on the mechanics/operation/construct.. one in particular which is quite unique and thought-provoking but I am somewhat reluctant to post it (for reasons i will explain later).

It can be quite depressive to experience Silopsism first-hand and if you openly admit to it.. or rather ask others if they are real, you will be locked up in the looney bin for some time (believe me I know..) and it makes you wonder if these 'people' who are in mental hospitals, if perhaps some of them aren't insane but have tapped into this knowing, and the drugs are a good way of shutting them up basically because continuing on the path is a self-induced death sentence (and i'm not talking about committing suicide here). It's also interesting to note that many mental patients claim the same things "I can hear voices.." or "i get messages through the TV/Radio" and in fact, on the generic assessment form those are 2 of the most commonly asked questions by doctors "are you hearing any voices?" and also "have you been getting any messages from the TV/Radio?". Now, when I experience this concept of Silopsism.. it's as though everyone who isn't me, can read my thoughts/feelings/intentions but although they dont show it in an easily understandable way, they do show it symbolically. At any given moment when I am around people or the TV, I can become more aware of my internal thoughts/feelings and notice that they are being represented back to me through these mediums in a symbolic fashion, and the way to recognising this, is to interpret it all as relating to you personally and figuratively in accordance with what you are currently thinking/feeling in any present moment.

It really is an interesting dilemma that will in all likelihood never be solved - and if it was that could possibly lead to the end of existence anyway (which is why earlier i said i was reluctant to share my working theory). It is also quite a complex theory and I would expect no less for the answer to the big question of "what is this place and why am i here?". A very interesting thought however.. is what if there are multiples of these constructs of mind... i.e. multidimensionality each one existing within its own 'simulation' but all interconnected on an unconscious level (or better yet.. through the internet!). Perhaps the people I see are creations of my mind, but how do i know the posts I read on this forum aren't other minds trapped in their own reality? But as Celeborn pointed out.. at the end of the day even if it is just you and God...or me and God...and everything is as one.. in the end it does not really matter at all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Akorah
    I only recently found out this is known as Silopsism... I have experienced this peusdo-matrix concept several times now on a personal first-hand experience level, on about 5-6 separate occasions. The more attention I place on it.. the more likely it seems true, the more coincidences/synchronicities occur, the more rules i am able to bend/break, and subsequently.. the more insane and unwell I become. I believe I know a few ways to break the entire system down.. but doing so would result in non-existence as someone mentioned earlier.. losing yourSELF.
    You have glimpsed what you have perceived as higher truth or reality, and your first thought is breaking it? With high likeliness the problem is not how creation is structured, but the negative mindset you are applying it. You perceive your self as very important, but is retaining the self the only valid reason to continue creation? Instead of thinking of bending, breaking and non-existance you might want to consider creating, restoring and healing.

It really is an interesting dilemma that will in all likelihood never be solved - and if it was that could possibly lead to the end of existence anyway (which is why earlier i said i was reluctant to share my working theory).
    Again, the negativity. You perceive it from a perspective of destruction, pointlessness, etc. Why?

It is also quite a complex theory and I would expect no less for the answer to the big question of "what is this place and why am i here?". A very interesting thought however.. is what if there are multiples of these constructs of mind... i.e. multidimensionality each one existing within its own 'simulation' but all interconnected on an unconscious level (or better yet.. through the internet!). Perhaps the people I see are creations of my mind, but how do i know the posts I read on this forum aren't other minds trapped in their own reality? But as Celeborn pointed out.. at the end of the day even if it is just you and God...or me and God...and everything is as one.. in the end it does not really matter at all.
    Quite to the contrary. Acknowledging the duality of you and the Source is creating just further problems. You are divine, here and now. You have creative powers. Unleashing creative powers requires to remove the limitations of the mind, and while a lot of people would think it to be a good idea, they would not agree that what they perceive as self, ego or personality is attached to negativity and recreating or repeating instead of spontaneously, openly and positively creating in the Now.

The False Self would rather destroy others than give something up, giving birth to greed, perversion and all the other negative tendencies. Embracing the fact that we are all one, connected, only on the surface apart is necessary to create for the benefit of others, to benefit their reality, and to grow into the role of a co-creating being helping the evolution of thw whole. This is the True Self.

Ignorance is only bliss for the False Self. But the False Self is never really at rest, never really content, never fully in tune with creation. The False Self is pain, suffering. But no one created it but you. It is your reaction to reality. You now have the chance to remove it, bit by bit, and carefully regain the spirit beyond the False Self, reattaining the True Self and becoming a mature co-creator of this Universe and maybe beyond. Who knows?

Despair is common in facing what seems to be an overwhelming task. But small steps carry a long way. Start with yourself. Uncover more of your self. Restore the free flow of emotions, free yourself from negativity, become mature. Be open to what the powers of creation offer you to make a better world around you. Change your destiny by focussing your intention on creating positivity and let it free you.

Oliver

Blog Entries
    From the site you quoted yourself in another thread:

The key, for the individuals forming a Creation and ultimately for the totality of that Creation as their Collective Unconscious (Creator), to being offered a higher-level Matrix that incorporates much more freedom of action and thought-manifestations (Creative Powers), is to be willing to let go of their sense of egotistic desires (Ego) and care more about the evolution of Creation than about their individual realities. To show forth that behavior pattern of caring for the perceived "other" - no matter how perceivably evolved or not - above and beyond caring for one's self. For the "other" is none but your self.
    (http://www.probablefuture.com/matrix.htm)

I think this is very valid reasoning and explains what we can do instead of thinking about destruction. Creating the better reality within us to make it a better reality for all of us.

And even better:

To understand, integrate and learn that one's Universe is within one's self and that if you really understand the tremendous power that your individual and common thoughts have in manifesting reality, you then have power over all your reality and can manifest all your desires. If you reach the state of the total absence of fear by believing with full faith and experiencing that you are ultimately the Original One Mind, you automatically erase from your reality all fearful situations.
    (http://www.probablefuture.com/matrix.htm)

To overcome fear is to overcome negativity within you is to overcome negative reality is to be free. There you have it.

Nothing is so limiting as fear IMO. Freedom of fear allows the spirit to shine. Fear manifests as separation, depression, attachment. Absence of fear allows love, spirit, presence, acceptance.

I'd recommend the later chapter of "Quiet Your Mind" about this. It has excellent facts about the fear-love continuum. Truly inspiring.

Take good care,
    Oliver

Akorah Guest
    Thanks Korpo.. I seem to be stuck in a rut :/

I was in a very destructive phase/mood yesterday because I was becoming aware of the possibility of there being nothing but myself.. now I would be quite happy and content with that (in fact I love solitude) if it weren't for my negative internal thoughts/past memories being manifest through others. For example, at work I constantly try to quiet my mind and all internal actions so that they are not manifesting around me.. If a non-enjoyable past memory or something else that is unpleasant surfaces for one reason or another.. perhaps my mind is just wandering.. I will notice my work colleagues talking about it in a mocking kind of way.. basically laughing at me about it - and that is where this negativity spawns from. I will hear them talking to each other about something, and similar to the way you would flirt with a girl using sexual innuendo, they will be talking to each other about the subject matter of my thought with an innuendo towards me and with any given conversation (whether i'm part of that conversation or not) they can all be linked directly to whats going on inside my mind at each present moment - but these conversations are always carried out in a mocking kind of manner, like they are secretively making fun of me.

You have provided a solution that I will try to pursue.. to always remain in a positive state.. but something else I have found is that everything always balances out so if I try to remain in a positive state.. and manage to do so for a long time, then I will end up remaining in a negative state afterwards for the same duration of time. It seems that the only way to counter this would be to remain neutral all the time.. to try not to feel, think, love or hate. And now I'm back to where I started with this destructive negativity.. I would appreciate your input on this

Blog Entries
    Akorah,

What you describe about the mockery - that *could* be synchronicity. The world reacting to your mind and vice versa.

I currently like the idea of interlinking minds creating our reality. In a certain sense I *am* alone in my world, but at the same time I am not. The others are real, but their reality is not necessarily mine, only a mirror of mine. And when I change mine, when I become creator within my reality, I can start to change theirs, too. Just an idea.

About the balance thing - I don't think it works that way, at least not exactly. I saw positivity - the love way, accepting love as your guidance - once described as becoming whole, by restoring yourself being part of the whole and accepting spirit. Negativity separates from the whole. This does not need to be balanced, as we all can attain it at the same time. That's the positive message of creation - when you combine the power of creation with the positive, it is infinite.

Yin and Yang are a concept of dual complements - they need each other. But the striving towards self- and world improvement does not need the negative. Negativity is a crust that layers itself on top of the positive that already exists. It is not equal to it, not a complement, and so there is no balance.

Like many people fear deep self-knowledge because they fear that they ultimately arrive at an end-point and see they're no good. They perceive negativity and the underlying positivity as two sides of a medal and think they might be among the ones that are at the core bad. But when you go back to the core you were created with innate enlightenment, the core is good, the fear is baseless.

The mockery of your co-workers *might* be influenced by negative thought. I was very negative and depressed as teenager and like a small black cloud over your head it attracts similar things to you. Your emotional field interacts with others and influences them, and they react to you. With increasing (self-)awareness I believe this effect becomes stronger, whether in manifesting or in relating to others.

I'm not too sure about this, but I think I experience this right now, too, that my increased awareness requires more responsibility because I influence outcome now stronger. When I am feeling unwhole or downright negative, things that went smooth start to fail again. Unexpected hurdles mount. This makes finding core states of inner peace, love and presence so important, as the bigger awareness should be used positively.

I'm evaluating a really good book right now that might help with this - "Core Transformation". It aims at bringing the core states of being back into your life to align subconscious splinter selves with your conscious self and getting control of habitual action, thought and emotion. It is very inspiring.

Take good care,
    Oliver

Akorah Guest
    Thanks Oliver you are a life saver

I am starting to see now that this silopsism is actually quite flawed, although it does have some truth to it. I have come to the conclusion that my mind isn't the only thing.. but like you said.. I am just one part of many parts of a bigger whole. And when I am in that disconnected state then it should be no surprise that I perceive a disconnected reality. I agree with what you just said about the balancing act, and also for me moral values namely kindness is something I KNOW with 100% certainty is a core state.

Robert Bruce said something before dealing with psychic self-defense which was to double-check your beliefs and only believe the ones that ring true to you through your own personal experience.. somehow i don't think this works too well for me, but reverting back to the core states within my spirit - kindness, honesty, love, forgiveness, acceptance.. does so i shall stick with that. I have probably been opening up too many doors lately in the area of psychic development which has brought on these unwanted troubles. I know what needs to be done now.. I need to set that aside and focus more on the physical side of life, and not allow myself to be caught up in the madness of trying to define reality.

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated

Blog Entries
    You're welcome.

Many spiritual teachers, especially the Buddha, have taught first to attain loving-kindness, and then enlightenment. Maybe enlightenment, totally free perception, removal of the veil is not bearable easily to a mind who does not rest safely and soundly in a firm state of love and being? It might just be so.

Take good care,
    Oliver

Triot Guest

Neither right or left, content on a mono flat surface shifting.

Blog Entries
    I am here and so are you... if i find out that thats not true then, oh well...
    its simple... If 'God' ever came to this place in the flesh,,, then it is us,,, and "HERE WE ARE"...
    We Sleep, that we may dream. We Dream, that we may wake. Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast