Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Reality... Am I the only one?

al.luciddreamer Guest
    I remember talking with my brother when I was six and he was five, and we were in the back of the car with all the groceries, with my mom driving. I can't remember if he or I said, "What if everything is a movie and I'M the only one watching?" I wonder if a lot of kids have these thoughts, because it came up completely spontaneously with my brother and I (this was back in 1960, so I hadn't seen any science fiction yet!).

Blog Entries
    Triot, I'm afraid I don't get the point of your strangely spinning silhouetted Posette (that's the name of that particular 3D model ). What does it symbolise? (It's probably really obvious, but I'm feeling a bit thick today for some reason.)
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

RyanParis Guest
    LOL, I can assure you, we exist too and are looking through our certain bodies eyes, just as much as you are.

And no one really knows where existence around us came from, it could all be God's dream.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OlderWiser
    Triot, I'm afraid I don't get the point of your strangely spinning silhouetted Posette (that's the name of that particular 3D model ). What does it symbolise? (It's probably really obvious, but I'm feeling a bit thick today for some reason.)
    It's from a thread that seeks to find out if you're left brained or right brain-dominant, and it depends on how you see it spinning. Clockwise is left brained (I think) and Counterclockwise is the opposite. If you can reverse the perceived mode of spinning, then you are more 'flexible'. Something like that. My son, who is left handed and I, who am right handed, both saw it as clockwise at first, and I was able to reverse it back and forth a few times, he was only able to reverse it twice.
    I don't know what it means but it kept him occupied for a while.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries
    HOLY CRAP! (Pardon my French )

I looked at it, realised it was an optical illusion and how it was made, that it just turns back and forth and does not a full "real turn", and it reversed!

If I look at the movement of the lower foot predominantly, I can "reverse" it on any spin. That was fun!

Oliver

Blog Entries
    You can use it as an avatar and then hypnotize people to do what you want-"You are under my power".....and you can take over the world! (Sorry, I've been watching "Pinky and the Brain") now go back to your topic, whatever it was....
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries
    ARGH! You reminded me of that song....

Oliver

Akorah Guest
    hmm.. that animation is pretty trippy.. I had a look at it using a GIF animating program and the spinning model is not completely flat the entire time, they made the person gradually tilt at an angle, then when the animation reaches its return point, the angle is back to normal and that is when you are able to mentally switch which way you perceive it. Its very strange because I noticed when she is spinning clockwise she has her right leg out guiding the movement, but when spinning anti-clockwise she appears to have her left leg out guiding the movement instead. The program I used to look at it more closely isn't the best.. I have a hinkering that this isn't an optical illusion at all but rather if you wait long enough it will switch regardless? I still dont understand what the optical illusion has to do with explaining reality.. were you perhaps suggesting that its all a matter of perception?

Anyway, getting back on topic..
    I have often wondered if my life is like that of Jim Carrey in "The Truman Show" which I've recently found out is a belief known as Solipsism. I've also recently found this to be untrue, that others ARE conscious and they ARE NOT just a creation of my mind.. I have no way of proving this but rather I know it to be true as a feeling from within.. it's also that authenticity of interactions where you encounter that spark of connection amongst 2 conscious beings.. What I think is more accurate is that everything is mind/spirit, but it has broken itself into smaller individual parts so those parts can co-operate and work with each other to evolve from itself.

Anyway, thats just my point of view.. I find that with most things they can be described incredibly simply or incredibly complex.. For example.. "Its a nice day today" could also be described as "The temperature is 30 degrees celius, with moderate humidity, a high pressure system with sparse cloud coverage, little moisture in the air, etc, etc.". So When it comes to describing reality you may as well say "God knows.. I'll find out when I'm dead" because otherwise you end up talking about the many different layers, levels, components, parts, aspects, etc. which is all good and dandy but in essence it's the same thing as saying "reality is that which I am experiencing at this present moment".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    Clockwise is left brained (I think) and Counterclockwise is the opposite. If you can reverse the perceived mode of spinning, then you are more 'flexible'. Something like that. My son, who is left handed and I, who am right handed, both saw it as clockwise at first, and I was able to reverse it back and forth a few times, he was only able to reverse it twice.
    I don't know what it means but it kept him occupied for a while.
    Wow, that's really cool! Today, I see it going clockwise, but I'm SURE that the last time I looked at it, it was going counterclockwise. Fascinating.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Jajon Guest

Re: Reality... Am I the only one?

Quote Originally Posted by hroom
    Hey all ,

So here's a thought, What if " I " am the only real person in the world and God is projecting everything around me so he can test me being human ? ...I mean it's an interesting thought ..I am not reffering to ME specificaly, but to anyone who might ask this question .... just think ... what if YOU are the only one real and God is projecting everything around YOU just to test you ? ..any ideas ? ..

Question: 'Lets say I think that I am the only one real around and I think everyone is just a projection - illusion - (no offence) ...how could you prove me wrong?"
    I used to have that feeting sometimes as a kid! It's known as subjective reality. It's illustrated by the question: if you and another person knew how to manifest in reality like applying "the secret" and were both intending to get the same job, who would get the job? The answer is you because in your reality you are the only 'real' person, everyone else is a projection of yourself. It's possible that you "both" got the job in alternate realities and you chose the reality where "you" got the job. What matters is that your highest self is God. The things you love in others are things you love in yourself. The opposite is true. Reality also bends around your beliefs, which is easier to notice in finer realms like the astral, it just takes longer in the physical due to density. You are the centre of the universe and theoreticaly you can change the entire world around you. Faith can move mountains as they say.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6