Thread: Pain with every energy center

Caelrie Guest

Pain with every energy center

I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing something wrong. Let me give a recap of what's happened so far so you guys can maybe get an accurate picture...

Three days ago I started doing NEW exercises, and right off the bat in the first 5 seconds I started feeling the energy movement sensations. I started in my thumbs like the book suggested. Both of them activated immediately and somewhat painfully. I chalked it up to blockages and resolved to work on it.

I then moved to my big toes like the book says. Same thing: immediate activation and pain. I'm starting to wonder a little now since 4 blockages in 4 centers seems a bit unlikely, but I'm still experimenting so I figure I'll ride it out and see.

After that I moved on to the rest of my toes and fingers and the soles of my feet. Same deal: immediate activation and pain.

Now I'm starting to think I'm doing something wrong. I know I'm a total beginner, so I figure I should ask you guys about it. The odds that all my centers are blocked seems excessively unlikely, so I'm wondering if I'm just doing something wrong.

Any suggestions? If it helps, I'm generally in good health, have no joint, bone, skin or muscle problems and I rarely ever get sick.

Blog Entries
    Yowzers! I'd say take a breather for a few days and then start again. You may be 'coming down with' something, like a flubug or something like that, and awareness may be bringing that up. I have heard of pain as a result of energy work, but not to your extent. I really think you should see a doctor if it doesn't go away on it's own.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

It doesn't have to be a blockage to cause pain. It could be just an overload, in that it takes time to let the channels adapt to more current. If you focus on the energy centers much more lightly than you have been, with far less intensity, and allow the process rather than pushing it, it shouldn't cause so much pain. If you had blockages like that, you would be more likely to get nothing at all. Most people find it difficult to get any kind of response when they are just beginning because they have blockages which keep the intensity under control automatically.

Caelrie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    Yowzers! I'd say take a breather for a few days and then start again. You may be 'coming down with' something, like a flubug or something like that, and awareness may be bringing that up. I have heard of pain as a result of energy work, but not to your extent. I really think you should see a doctor if it doesn't go away on it's own.
    The pain is only there while I'm doing the energy work, though. As soon as I stop, it stops. I don't think I'm coming down with anything, as I'm usually able to sense things like colds days in advance, and I've never had the flu.

Caelrie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    It doesn't have to be a blockage to cause pain. It could be just an overload, in that it takes time to let the channels adapt to more current. If you focus on the energy centers much more lightly than you have been, with far less intensity, and allow the process rather than pushing it, it shouldn't cause so much pain. If you had blockages like that, you would be more likely to get nothing at all. Most people find it difficult to get any kind of response when they are just beginning because they have blockages which keep the intensity under control automatically.
    I'll try being lighter today and see what happens. You could be right here. Tactile imaging came so naturally to me that on my first try I could not only feel energy movement but I could actually physically feel my point of awareness moving on my skin.

I hope you're right.

chips Guest
    i think i remember RB mentioning that if you feel pain while doing energy work, you should see a doctor, because it normally means that something is physically wrong.

Caelrie Guest
    That ended up being exactly the trick, Tom. Thank you.

Whenever I started to feel a little pain, I "lifted up" on my awareness touch, and the pain stopped immediately but the energy movement continued. It made for a very pleasant bit of work.