Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What's your totem?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

What's your totem?

Just thought it might be a fun thread. If you have a totem animal spirit, what is it?

Mine is a horse. Looks like a mustang, but that just could be the way I visualise wild horses (spent much of my childhood in Arizona ).

Horse represents freedom and power. Horse people are wild spirits that cannot be broken. If Horse comes to you, look for safe passage into the new. We must synchronize our motives with that of others so we can quickly and steadily reach our goals.
    Interestingly, my horse was with me throughout most of my childhood. I thought it was an "imaginary" horse for years... It was my companion through thick and thin. Then I sort of lost contact (i.e., I got more interested in material things and for a while lost my awareness of the astral/spiritual), though I always had a big thing for unicorns (collect them still, though I have so many now I'm very, very selective about what I add to the collection).

Then, just this year, my horse came back! Or, rather, I became aware of it (I say "it" because it's never been revealed if the horse is male or female; I'd say it's not very important, and the horse does have a gender-neutral name that I gave it when I was small). Happily, a friend who is well-versed in Native American mysticism and lore helped me to understand about the nature of my equine companion and to work out why, after all these years, I suddenly became aware of my childhood "imaginary" horse again...

Okay. That's my story. Share yours?
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Re: What's your totem?

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    Just thought it might be a fun thread. If you have a totem animal spirit, what is it?

Mine is a horse. Looks like a mustang, but that just could be the way I visualise wild horses (spent much of my childhood in Arizona ).

Interestingly, my horse was with me throughout most of my childhood. I thought it was an "imaginary" horse for years... It was my companion through thick and thin. Then I sort of lost contact (i.e., I got more interested in material things and for a while lost my awareness of the astral/spiritual), though I always had a big thing for unicorns (collect them still, though I have so many now I'm very, very selective about what I add to the collection).

Then, just this year, my horse came back! Or, rather, I became aware of it (I say "it" because it's never been revealed if the horse is male or female; I'd say it's not very important, and the horse does have a gender-neutral name that I gave it when I was small). Happily, a friend who is well-versed in Native American mysticism and lore helped me to understand about the nature of my equine companion and to work out why, after all these years, I suddenly became aware of my childhood "imaginary" horse again...

Okay. That's my story. Share yours?
    Ive done a bit of complaining around my family about never meeting a unicorn in my dreams or etc. The general concensus in the world is that they are wonderful, so I wanted to meed one. One sweltering night I had a dream where I met a tiny horse-like creature who I felt was a Kirin, though I didnt know what a Kirin was (it probably wasnt tiny, im just big these days). I wokr up and continued to complain about no unicorns. Recently I decided to illistrate the Kirin dream properly, complete with paintings of what I saw. Afterwords I did research on the internet for 'Kirin'.Turns out the Kirin is the original unicorn. Hehe thought you might like that Butterfly

Blog Entries

I see you got in, UR2BU. Good.
    Mine seems to still be the Lion. Sweet sweet lion.

BTW half cat half eagle/hawk sounds like a griffin. Check it out in the totems thread. I edited into your own thread.
    Last edited by CFTraveler; 7th January 2014 at 07:33 PM. Reason: p.s.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Thankyou for your Reply,, Yes i did get in ,,in the end,, i used to have an account years ago,, but i 4got my password and stuff,,so i thought id register again,, i had to stop my spirtual-practice,, due to myself having lots of spirtual-experinces,, and at the time i was going through a lot of personal-problems-in my past,, but now things are going good,i am going to start back with my spirtual-practice,,,But have to do some reserch on protection,and stuff,,,, Nice to meet you by the way,,and thankyou for helping mysef, getting back on to this webb-site,, take care,,and all the best... ""CFTRAVELER""

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shirton
    nothing ever came close to just plain weirdness as my experiences with The Chipmunk.
    I had much the same experience with bees. They collected on me while I was meditating. I have always loved honey-bees. Gentle, they are and no threat. Yet, my totem (as is CFT's) is the lion.

My first lucid was about a lion. They show up frequently in my dreams. Besides I admire the cat, large and small, for its perfection of body and instinct.

I guess I'm saying, might you find a power totem. Chipmunks? Well.........
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

I have no idea, never met mine :/
    It is my destiny to play an infinity of roles, but I'm not the roles I play, I am the Spirit that plays these roles

My totem animal is a mogwai gremlin.
    "Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But there is, unseen by most, an underworld; a place that is just as real -- but not as brightly lit."

"In brother bear when a tribe member came of age the shaman woman, guided by ancestors, would assign that person a totem. The totem is an animal that represents a trait that the coming of age is to learn in their lifetime.
    I was struck by how wonderfully simple and straight forward life would be if society was like that. It would guarantee that nobody would be stumbling around grasping for purpose and meaning. And nobody would have to die with regret, they know they accomplished their purpose in life. I would like such a clear purpose."

Totems come and go with different periods in your life. You can loose totems and gain new ones.
    in chrono order:

When I was completely innocent my totem was a deer and a white horse. When I lost the deer it drowned in a puddle of water. When my innocence ended so did the white horse, I had a dream of it dying. It was the most intense emotional experience of my life. I was literally screaming, crying and flailing in my sleep, then continued to cry while awake. It was worse than my sisters death. Guess I really value innocence.

A little psychic girl 5 years old told me my animal is a cow. I think it still applies somewhat.

For a long time when I was only focused on spiritual matters my totem was the golden eagle. After a traumatic event that changed everything I had a dream of falling from the sky with the eagle and two other animals and humans, all the animals died when we hit the ground.

My most beloved animal is the chickadee. Unfortunately my familiar is the Merlin falcon who only eats chickadees! (How I learned about my familiar is a long but magical story) I chose to keep the chickadee over the falcon.

I believe one of the best ways to tell that an animal is your totem though unexplainable attraction. I felt it whenever I saw the eagle in my dreams, and seagull feathers in waking life.

Recently I asked what my most important totem to focus on and I got stork.

But the one totem I have always had, and always will, is the nightingale:
    "The sweet song of the Nightingale gives inspiration as a harbinger of a personal dawn. She guides one into seeing the importance in the connection to old beliefs and thoughts. It is time to take authority of your mind. She teaches the nocturnal song and brings to the light what is mysterious and hidden. What is learned in the "night' is to be incorporated into the "day". She shows how to move throughout different consciousness and use inspirations of higher realms while keeping grounded. Nightingale balances masculine and feminine energies along with balancing dietary elements. It is time to sing loudly - above the cacophony of the mind chatter and above what others think and say. Timid and shy at times, she can show how to act with grace and elegance. In regards to parental love, timidity changes to a brave ferocity. Nightingale will show the balance between the two. Are you sharing what you know, acting what you believe."

This site for bird totems:
    http://www.starstuffs.com/animal_tot...y_of_birds.htm

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mystyx View Post
    "In brother bear when a tribe member came of age the shaman woman, guided by ancestors, would assign that person a totem. The totem is an animal that represents a trait that the coming of age is to learn in their lifetime.
    I was struck by how wonderfully simple and straight forward life would be if society was like that. It would guarantee that nobody would be stumbling around grasping for purpose and meaning. And nobody would have to die with regret, they know they accomplished their purpose in life. I would like such a clear purpose."

Totems come and go with different periods in your life. You can loose totems and gain new ones.
    in chrono order:

When I was completely innocent my totem was a deer and a white horse. When I lost the deer it drowned in a puddle of water. When my innocence ended so did the white horse, I had a dream of it dying. It was the most intense emotional experience of my life. I was literally screaming, crying and flailing in my sleep, then continued to cry while awake. It was worse than my sisters death. Guess I really value innocence.

A little psychic girl 5 years old told me my animal is a cow. I think it still applies somewhat.

For a long time when I was only focused on spiritual matters my totem was the golden eagle. After a traumatic event that changed everything I had a dream of falling from the sky with the eagle and two other animals and humans, all the animals died when we hit the ground.

My most beloved animal is the chickadee. Unfortunately my familiar is the Merlin falcon who only eats chickadees! (How I learned about my familiar is a long but magical story) I chose to keep the chickadee over the falcon.

I believe one of the best ways to tell that an animal is your totem though unexplainable attraction. I felt it whenever I saw the eagle in my dreams, and seagull feathers in waking life.

Recently I asked what my most important totem to focus on and I got stork.

But the one totem I have always had, and always will, is the nightingale:
    "The sweet song of the Nightingale gives inspiration as a harbinger of a personal dawn. She guides one into seeing the importance in the connection to old beliefs and thoughts. It is time to take authority of your mind. She teaches the nocturnal song and brings to the light what is mysterious and hidden. What is learned in the "night' is to be incorporated into the "day". She shows how to move throughout different consciousness and use inspirations of higher realms while keeping grounded. Nightingale balances masculine and feminine energies along with balancing dietary elements. It is time to sing loudly - above the cacophony of the mind chatter and above what others think and say. Timid and shy at times, she can show how to act with grace and elegance. In regards to parental love, timidity changes to a brave ferocity. Nightingale will show the balance between the two. Are you sharing what you know, acting what you believe."

This site for bird totems:
    http://www.starstuffs.com/animal_tot...y_of_birds.htm
    Thanks for sharing this bird totem site mystyx..... it's really beautiful

Reading through the list, i am fortunate to have the influence of many birds around my living space

the blackbird & the robin are two species that i find are very impactful to have around

From the list, birds that we have regularly around:
    • blackbird
    • robin
    • starlings
    • doves
    • pigeons
    • crow
    • magpies
    • seagulls
    • wren
    • goldfinch
    • sparrow
    • swifts
    • ducks & geese
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Well I don't really know but I guess its a cat. When there's animals in my dreams itc usually cats, although I have dreamt about other animals. For instance owl, bear and some kind of bird.
    Since I have three cats I guess that influences me alot, so I really don't know.