Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What's your totem?

Caelrie Guest
    I'm not sure how much stock I put in the animal totems thing. I'm inclined to believe, based on my observations and experiences, that my dog and spider don't actually have anything to do with dogs or spiders at all, but instead are just symbols chosen by me on some level to represent qualities I find wise or interesting.

Silence Guest
    Great fun, thanks!

Was taught that our Spirit Animals are the ones with us from birth. At least think I'm remembering that correctly.
    I try to link it with Spirit Guides to remember.

Totems and animal guides come at different times and situations, as do other guides we request or our higher self requests.

Either way, no matter. Animals are one of my favorite subjects! Thanks for the thread.

My born with animal guides would seem to be horse and hawk. Have had horses come to me in dreams when I was studying Shamanism and had an indian friend who passed me a spiritual stone from a Shaman. Dreamt of zooming in on the horses eye and in my dream knew all the secrets of the universe, then when you awake, it's like !?!!! why can't I remember? LOL Also rode and trained horses for many years. Started riding very young. As an artist did many paintings and other art of them too.
    Hawk is just "always there", if you know what I mean.
    He watches over and guides. I always know I'm on the right path when see hawks. They send me feather gifts too.

Various animals within last few years that came and went in certain learning phases. Turtle is very strong now. Had spider a few years ago in time of great spiritual growth. Frog was strong this year too. Tiger last year in time of facing many fears. Wasp... not sure what that one is teaching me but has been strong this year. Thanks for bringing up, will have to look that animal up. Praying mantis 5 yr ago right before big changes. Big cats come and go. Short strong messages. Gnats... watch out for them. That was prob 10 years ago, but that was someone who sent a small spell my way. Dogs and cats and hamsters... are very close and familiar... more like family, but they can teach plenty and they do constantly. I have two dogs and two cats.

Enjoyed reading everyones!
    Thanks OlderWiser,
    Silence

Freawaru Guest
    Thank you very much, Beerkeeper

Blog Entries
    You are most welcome.

Gnats, yes, annoying omen. Lots of little niggly things.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

blacktiger057 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Eris
    Cool link! My totem being a tiger too, I printed it out. Very intersting.

Oh, and for everyone, a great book to read on working with animal totems is "Animal Speak" by....I forget, but that's the title.

Jenn Lynn Guest
    in my childhood, i had nightmares involving large spiders, and they seemed to get bigger as i grew older. i remember one dream in particular where i was standing on the edge of a swimming pool looking down at a giant spider in the bottom of a pool in the water that was looking back up at me, i think i was 4 or 5.

last year i had two dreams, in succession. the first involved me in an apartment moving a laundry basket into an unused fireplace in my living room because i noticed a spider on the basket and wanted to move it to a safe place where it could build a web (i have since grown to love spiders). suddenly it jumped from the basket onto my chest and startled me, i was scared, and then it jumped back to the basket. then it morphed into a man and he asked me why i was still afraid of him. i confessed i didn't know why.

in the next dream, i had received three presents from my mother for christmas (i was in the in the same apartment). in the first package was a dreamcatcher. imagine my confusion after awaking from this dream, and realizing i had dreamed about a dreamcatcher

anyway, i researched the dreamcatcher the next day and found this lakota indian legend:

http://www.cia-g.com/~gathplac/dreamcatcher_legend.htm

yay archetypes !!!!

jennifer

My totems are dragon , wolf , lion , crow , spider , elephant , swan , dolphin cobra & cat.
    ~*~Love , Light & Laughter ~*~

sleeper Guest
    Aunt Clair, do you work with animal pelts and similar things when you work with your totems?

10. Re: What's your totem?

My Totem is the Chipmunk...don't know why...but have had more than one very weird situations involving Chipmunks. I have a deep respect for all life...am fascinated by the diversity in our planet's animal kingdom, but have never really placed chipmunks in any special spot...they seemed to have done that on their own...if I have a Totem...its the Chipmunk...