Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What's your totem?

Re: What's your totem?

If you get to know what your totem is from dream´s then I have had these animals in my Dreams...
    Dragon,
    Eagel,
    Bear,
    Wolf,
    Snake´s of all kind both big and small,
    Horse,
    Cow,
    Golden spider with very blue eye´s,
    Dogs of all kind big and small,
    Cat´s
    Ant´s,
    Coleopteron with stransparant Shell and light of all kind Rolling inside,
    Strange stickanimal but like a green leaf,
    I am sure I have seen many more what I have forgotten Strange animals from that time I dreamt of Alien Worlds, those animals are not as our here on Earth at all, so they are very hard to Picture too.

Love
    ia
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

I'm not sure if it's a totem or not , I've seen a gargantuan frog too many times in ASOC to chalk it off to mere coincidence.
    It's pretty repugnant though.

Blog Entries

Interesting, DC, but I have known in a couple of esoteric belief systems that the frog is considered the progenitor of mankind. One of my teachers had a collection of 300+ frogs and she would complain, don't give me ANOTHER frog. I suppose this ancient belief stems from the fact that frogs begin life in 'the sea' and move to land at maturity - an allegory such as caterpillar to butterfly - yet long before the theory of evolution it was believed man came from the ocean. The Phoenicians held that a man-fish left the ocean and revered it as the first god.

Not a bad totem if you asked me.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by eyeoneblack View Post
    Interesting, DC, but I have known in a couple of esoteric belief systems that the frog is considered the progenitor of mankind. One of my teachers had a collection of 300+ frogs and she would complain, don't give me ANOTHER frog. I suppose this ancient belief stems from the fact that frogs begin life in 'the sea' and move to land at maturity - an allegory such as caterpillar to butterfly - yet long before the theory of evolution it was believed man came from the ocean. The Phoenicians held that a man-fish left the ocean and revered it as the first god.

Not a bad totem if you asked me.
    Very interesting indeed , thankyou for sharing this , I will definitely initiate contact with the giant frog and report thereafter as to what transpires!

thanks again!

Blog Entries

Struggling with overwhelming head pain & asking for help..... i was drawn to a cuddly toy in my bedroom, that i could not make out, when i did make it out i saw a moose

Symbolic Moose Facts
    Last edited by newfreedom; 29th December 2015 at 10:21 PM.
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by IA56 View Post
    If you get to know what your totem is from dream´s then I have had these animals in my Dreams...
    Dragon,
    Eagel,
    Bear,
    Wolf,
    Snake´s of all kind both big and small,
    Horse,
    Cow,
    Golden spider with very blue eye´s,
    Dogs of all kind big and small,
    Cat´s
    Ant´s,
    Coleopteron with stransparant Shell and light of all kind Rolling inside,
    Strange stickanimal but like a green leaf,
    I am sure I have seen many more what I have forgotten Strange animals from that time I dreamt of Alien Worlds, those animals are not as our here on Earth at all, so they are very hard to Picture too.

Love
    ia

For some years ago I had a whole weekend with visions whilst I was awake...I have had fear that I am not enought or that my eagle will not carry me enought high up ....so I got a visit from an old shaman who wanted me to become a shaman...I do not feel so much to nature as I feel a shaman is.....so I asked him...have you ever seen an shaman in high heels?? He said ...you can be a urban shaman....so he showed me that above the eagle is a big huge dragon...he asked if this would me become secure to be able to go beyond the beyond.....so this above me....Him at my right side, a wolf at my left side, and an elephant behind me....a brown bear infront of me....I asked why an elephant behind me...he said...so you do not get any idea to turn back...there is no going back...only forward.....I am still pondering on this vision....I do not know what it is, still..

Love
    ia
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IA56 View Post
    For some years ago I had a whole weekend with visions whilst I was awake...I have had fear that I am not enought or that my eagle will not carry me enought high up ....so I got a visit from an old shaman who wanted me to become a shaman...I do not feel so much to nature as I feel a shaman is.....so I asked him...have you ever seen an shaman in high heels?? He said ...you can be a urban shaman....so he showed me that above the eagle is a big huge dragon...he asked if this would me become secure to be able to go beyond the beyond.....so this above me....Him at my right side, a wolf at my left side, and an elephant behind me....a brown bear infront of me....I asked why an elephant behind me...he said...so you do not get any idea to turn back...there is no going back...only forward.....I am still pondering on this vision....I do not know what it is, still..

Love
    ia
    Thanks ia xxx

i need to study more the animals you have written up here, but it made me realise i should / could look to see what animals i have written i have seen / had encounters with on my AD dream journal & list them & also list dream memory animals that i haven't written down.

Also it makes me realise i can look up & put up the links 'animal facts' for the animals i saw in the clouds formations too - to get more info. / understanding & learning done

Big THANKS XXX
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by newfreedom View Post
    Struggling with overwhelming head pain & asking for help..... i was drawn to a cuddly toy in my bedroom, that i could not make out, when i did make it out i saw a mousse

Symbolic Moose Facts
    Was able to make it to the Dr. Surgery to pick up some more Beta-blockers for my migraine symptoms and on the counter they had some small cuddly toy animals.... i couldn't resist going over to look, touch them... i ended up buying some xxx

I bought a

• bear
    • monkey
    • fox
    • pig

Big THANX xxxxx
    Last edited by newfreedom; 29th December 2015 at 10:23 PM.

"In brother bear when a tribe member came of age the shaman woman, guided by ancestors, would assign that person a totem. The totem is an animal that represents a trait that the coming of age is to learn in their lifetime.
    I was struck by how wonderfully simple and straight forward life would be if society was like that. It would guarantee that nobody would be stumbling around grasping for purpose and meaning. And nobody would have to die with regret, they know they accomplished their purpose in life. I would like such a clear purpose."

Totems come and go with different periods in your life. You can loose totems and gain new ones.
    in chrono order:

When I was completely innocent my totem was a deer and a white horse. When I lost the deer it drowned in a puddle of water. When my innocence ended so did the white horse, I had a dream of it dying. It was the most intense emotional experience of my life. I was literally screaming, crying and flailing in my sleep, then continued to cry while awake. It was worse than my sisters death. Guess I really value innocence.

A little psychic girl 5 years old told me my animal is a cow. I think it still applies somewhat.

For a long time when I was only focused on spiritual matters my totem was the golden eagle. After a traumatic event that changed everything I had a dream of falling from the sky with the eagle and two other animals and humans, all the animals died when we hit the ground.

My most beloved animal is the chickadee. Unfortunately my familiar is the Merlin falcon who only eats chickadees! (How I learned about my familiar is a long but magical story) I chose to keep the chickadee over the falcon.

I believe one of the best ways to tell that an animal is your totem though unexplainable attraction. I felt it whenever I saw the eagle in my dreams, and seagull feathers in waking life.

Recently I asked what my most important totem to focus on and I got stork.

But the one totem I have always had, and always will, is the nightingale:
    "The sweet song of the Nightingale gives inspiration as a harbinger of a personal dawn. She guides one into seeing the importance in the connection to old beliefs and thoughts. It is time to take authority of your mind. She teaches the nocturnal song and brings to the light what is mysterious and hidden. What is learned in the "night' is to be incorporated into the "day". She shows how to move throughout different consciousness and use inspirations of higher realms while keeping grounded. Nightingale balances masculine and feminine energies along with balancing dietary elements. It is time to sing loudly - above the cacophony of the mind chatter and above what others think and say. Timid and shy at times, she can show how to act with grace and elegance. In regards to parental love, timidity changes to a brave ferocity. Nightingale will show the balance between the two. Are you sharing what you know, acting what you believe."

This site for bird totems:
    http://www.starstuffs.com/animal_tot...y_of_birds.htm

Right now, bears feature strongly in pivotal dream experiences - and my daughter-in-law calls me Momma Bear - and to my grandkids I am Gramma Bear. When I was a young adolescent I had a very lucid Freudian/Shamanic dream where I was introduced to mother Bengal and her cubs.... I guess I'm one fierce mother tee-hee.