Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tension headaches, any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Just an update on this.

I've been working on some areas that feel like blockages, particularly my left jaw joint. I've just been very gently "massaging" the area with energy. I'm not sure if the blockage is gone yet, but it seems to be slowly lessening. I don't want to rush it at all, so I'm just taking my time, slowly dissolving it.

And, I'm surprised to say, my headaches have decreased since I started doing this! I did wake with one today, and I was so surprised by it that I realised I hadn't been doing the energy work on the jaw (and neck, too), so I think it's related.

Still looking for that oscillating massager at a good price, too. Also doing my best to keep hydrated (I do that, anyway, but it's getting hot so I'm taking extra care with it), and other good suggestions from this thread.

I do think the energy work is doing good, though.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Pilar Guest
    OW, I read elsewhere in one of your posts that you had a spontaneous kundalini rising in the past. This happened to me also and I have been training in qigong since to help with that. I've also suffered from many headaches (tension and migraine) and watched my mother go through this also. It is a common symptom of changing energy in the circuitry, and transformation on that level. In TCM (traditional chinese medicine), the common diagnosis for what you're describing is that you have blockages in your lower centers that are preventing the energy from sinking back down your channels. I don't know your situation, but a common experience I have seen in my personal research is that if a person suffers a severe trauma, they cope by drawing their spirit up to their head (and even out beyond in, in the case of viewing from 'out of body'). When that occurs, the lower gates of the body's energy system close behind them. Healing from this requires gently reopening the gates from the top back down, releasing the emotional content and bringing the consciousness back down to reside again in the lower centers.

I don't know if that is helpful to you, but I'm happy to give you more information on it if you'd like. You can pm me - I'm currently doing this work myself.

Blessings.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Pilar. Interestingly, a couple nights ago, I did have a very odd sensation in my solar plexus area, a sort of strong pressure. It was almost painful, but not quite... I had the very distinct idea that it was some sort of healing going on. Then, after a few minutes, it moved up to my chest (heart area). Same sensation, strong pressure, almost pain, but not quite. I wasn't worried about it physically, and it did go away after a while. I think something was going on with regard to opening blockages there, or similar.

It's funny, I didn't think there were any blockages there, but it seems there were....
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries
    Pilar,

that's interesting.

I always feel the need to rebalance my energy system. When I open up something in my back, and continue to work there for some days I often feel the need to work on something on the front. Along the usual circulation lines, for example. I tend to always chose the strongest point that draws my attention, and as I start to clean them, other points become more prominent. It's circular in nature, I think, always maintaining some balance in the system.

Oliver

Blog Entries
    I've been thinking for a while now that a lot of my aches and pains are related to the relative violence of my Kundalini experience. I mean, ultimately, that was necessary, but I didn't know what was happening and I wasn't entirely cooperative...

I think now is the time I need to really finish or fix the pathways that got damaged or that didn't fully get changed or... well, whatever.

I can almost raise Kundalini at will, but I haven't in a while. I think I'd better fix these blocks and other such things.

It WAS really nice to go days without a headache though. I'm going to keep at that one.

Martin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pilar
    I've also suffered from many headaches (tension and migraine) and watched my mother go through this also. It is a common symptom of changing energy in the circuitry, and transformation on that level.
    I think this could be the explanation. I used to regularly(maybe once, twice a month) have severe migraines, where I was feeling sick all day and laying on the couch. My vision would narrow, and there was no escaping the pain.

It completely stopped since I started doing energy work! Actually, all pains (from injury or something else) decreased since starting with energy work. It's really beneficial.

Pilar Guest
    Is anyone here familiar with the MAP program - it's spoken about in a book by Michaelle Small Wright. She is a wiccan, I'd say (although I'm not sure if that's quite the right description for her). Her background was working with beings in other realms (mostly the devic) - she is mostly focused on gardening and working with elementals, etc. Although during the course of her work she became aware of a group of beings that make themselves accessible to us in order to assist us - she refers to them as the "White Brotherhood" or some folks call them the "Masters of the White Lodge" - whatever. They appear to be a collection of entities that act as guides and healers. Many angel-workers work with them. At any rate, the "Medical Assistance Program" is a way of contacting these guides and requesting direct medical attention to your energy body. I have been looking into this work lately for myself, in addition to my qigong practice. Acupuncture treatments have also been really helpful for a rebalancing of the etheric body.

OW- re: the kundalini awakening - for myself, I'd say that the rapid and sudden blow out of energy in my system revealed blockages and that's what caused it to be a painful experience. That is, it was a bit of a double-edged sword: on one hand, I was made aware of what and where the blockages are, on the other hand, the blockages created deviations which prevented me from having a positive experience. I guess we just do the clearing work and keep moving forward from here...

Blog Entries
    Oh, I had a very fragmented and damaged ego, and when Kundalini rose (spontaneously), it completely shattered my ego. I also had masses of anger, shame, guilt, fear, and other nasty stuff to work through.

I ended up in the psych ward briefly, diagnosed with a disorder that supposedly is a lifelong problem that never goes away (except that mine did ). I didn't have a clue what was happening other than the vague notion that it was healing and transformation. I was, as noted, not very cooperative sometimes. It took literally years to work through the transformation, and then I had several very quiet years (spiritually speaking) and then it started up again (much, much less painfully, I'm very happy to say).

I'm just finishing the work that was begun prior to my rest period, and then I expect a big WHOOSH of spiritual energy that will... I dunno... push me forward or up or something. I don't know quite what I'm expecting. I am expecting a big fountain or wave or something, though. It'll probably fool me and be so gentle and quiet that it takes me by surprise and I just one day realise, "Hey, I'm here!" (Sort of like when I was learning to meditate, and I one day just realised, "Oh, hey, I'm doing it, I'm in an altered state...").

Pilar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OlderWiser
    Oh, I had a very fragmented and damaged ego, and when Kundalini rose (spontaneously), it completely shattered my ego. I also had masses of anger, shame, guilt, fear, and other nasty stuff to work through.
    Yes, I can relate to this. This is similar to what happened to me also. My ego was obliterated (which I had always thought was a good thing, as I had been a practicing Buddhist for 10 years and this was always a sought-after goal). What I realized was that the ego is the thing that enables us to function in this reality, and for a time, I was considerably 'dys-functional'. I spent some time in monastery and I think it has a lot of similarities to the psych ward. : )

Obviously, the awakening experience is different for different people, depending on our own soul's lessons, our karma, the conditioning given by our this-life family, but I actually haven't met anyone who had the kind of 'effortless, blissed-out' experience presented to us by religion. The people I know who've gone through this all had the same type of things to deal with you and I are describing - it's messy, because we're messy. Someday, I'd like to write a book on the real enlightenment experience, rather than the idealized one, and I think I'd call it 'death without dying', rather than enlightenment. Yes, it definitely is enlightening, in that you understand yourself and reality in a completely different way than you did before, but it is a painful process.

Do the plants, trees, and insects experience pain when they go through their transformations, I wonder? I bet it is difficult for everything. Let's face it - dying is scary, and painful, even though it's just a natural transition!

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    OlderWiser,

I suffered a lot from scalp tension and now even sometimes do.
    So do I, Korpo.

I think that's because of a bad postural habit, which tensions that zone.

Energy has helped me a lot releasing that tension.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast