Thread: Silencing the Mind

Seo Guest

Silencing the Mind

I have been working with NEW for over a year now and I recently came to the conclusion that I need to refocus my attention on more thoroughly mastering the core skills you talked about in Astral Dynamics, most specifically silencing the mind.

I reread the relevant section in AD (my copy of Energy Work is on loan) and I find my greatest confusion is what to keep my mind occupied with, if not thoughts. If I'm not occupying it with anything, am I trying not to exist? "Me" is the thing that thinks and feels and so on, right?. Then I decided to try focusing entirely on what I could feel, see, and hear all at once and filling my mind with only these things. I got some strong energetic reactions to this which distracted me from emptying my mind, which is my real goal.

I would like you to please describe as precisely as you can an optimal silenced mind, what it feels like, and how it can be recognized once achieved, if indeed it can. Also, any additional advice you can offer on technique would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: Silencing the Mind

G'day,

Use body awareness to relax and clear the mind.

Focus on your stomach rising and falling as you breathe.

Focus on the tip of your nose and feel the air moving past there as you breathe in and out. Then when you are used to this, shift your awareness slightly out in front of the tip of your nose and hold it there.

When your mind is clear and relaxed you will slip into an altered state o consciousness, a trance state. You will feel heavy and cozy and deeply relaxed, just like you do moments before you fall asleep.

The above takes practice. Spend an hour a day and you will master this in a couple of weeks.

The Journeys out of the body CD's, and my Mastering Astral Projection CD's will help enormously with this.

Robert