Thread: An interesting dream a few weeks ago

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

An interesting dream a few weeks ago

In my dream were coffins with corpses and a small crowd on top of a hill. In three coffins lay a beautiful young woman, a handsome dark man and an old Lapp (Sami) woman dressed in beautifully embroidered Lapland costume. They came alive one by one; first the young woman, who declared: "life's more fun than being dead" - she then proceeded to pick a dancing partner from the crowd and around and around they went, dancing (in what resembled a mating-dance).

The dark-haired man came alive. He started going through a metamorphosis, becoming insect-like (sort of like a humongous silverfish, with multiple body sections, and as he changed, he grew more sections). He went after the people and pinned a person down, but to my surprise did not consume the person.

The old Lapp woman came to life; she started chanting and singing. In a rather humorous way, she too picked a partner from the crowd and started dancing, kicking up her fancy boots. Her boots were colorfully embroidered, covered with jewels. She had jewels embedded in the skin of her face, especially the forehead. She danced with the man, enticing him with her songs to take off her boots. As he took off one boot, she laughed, delighted, and insisted he take the other off also. (He did, she hopped on him and around and around they went).

I decided to leave the scene and started to ascend down the hill/mountain. I was climbing down stairs chiseled out of rock, with water running down on both sides of the stairs. Suddenly great boulder rocks appeared beside the stairs. Bewildered, I watched them move up the mountain, against the streams of water...

Re: An interesting dream a few weeks ago

Wow, 11 years later this dream is still alive in my mind's eye.

Blog Entries

Welcome back, Sola.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    Welcome back, Sola.
    Thank you! This dream has so many neat symbols and actually I feel that it represents 3 or 4 phases of life. Or events in life. I was born to a very controlled religious sect that has it's origins in Sami culture. In youth I obviously rebelled, thinking that enjoying life to the fullest sure beats the dull and legalistic life of a believer (which the young lady's remarks imply). The man who turns into scorpion-like huge insect that stuns but doesn't kill it's victims may well represent the controlling religious authority. the old Lapp woman's dance seems exhilarating and freeing and to put on her boots may represent some sort of a new awakening or another transition. Going up the hill with boulders moving upstream, alongside me, seems to be a strong symbol of enduring huge obstacles of great strength, even moving in an opposite, unnatural direction.