Thread: An interesting dream a few weeks ago

An interesting dream a few weeks ago

In my dream were coffins with corpses and a small crowd on top of a hill. In three coffins lay a beautiful young woman, a handsome dark man and an old Lapp (Sami) woman dressed in beautifully embroidered Lapland costume. They came alive one by one; first the young woman, who declared: "life's more fun than being dead" - she then proceeded to pick a dancing partner from the crowd and around and around they went, dancing (in what resembled a mating-dance).

The dark-haired man came alive. He started going through a metamorphosis, becoming insect-like (sort of like a humongous silverfish, with multiple body sections, and as he changed, he grew more sections). He went after the people and pinned a person down, but to my surprise did not consume the person.

The old Lapp woman came to life; she started chanting and singing. In a rather humorous way, she too picked a partner from the crowd and started dancing, kicking up her fancy boots. Her boots were colorfully embroidered, covered with jewels. She had jewels embedded in the skin of her face, especially the forehead. She danced with the man, enticing him with her songs to take off her boots. As he took off one boot, she laughed, delighted, and insisted he take the other off also. (He did, she hopped on him and around and around they went).

I decided to leave the scene and started to ascend down the hill/mountain. I was climbing down stairs chiseled out of rock, with water running down on both sides of the stairs. Suddenly great boulder rocks appeared beside the stairs. Bewildered, I watched them move up the mountain, against the streams of water...

Alaskans Guest
    I see lots of meaning in this dream, you should look up the objects (link below). Im sure you will learn things about yourself. The last part with the stairs is definately your subconcious talking to you.

Wow, thanks so much... What a great site for dream interp. You helped me a great deal!

(of course, I meant descending, not ascending)
    Found a few parallels- the dream symbolism does apply to my present life stage. What is also cool, last week I saw a picture of a 2.5m. ancient scorpion on reuters website -it's just like the one I saw the man transforming into.

So I just had to copy this stuff. Bare with me...

Coffin
    To see a coffin in your dream, symbolizes the womb. If the coffin is empty, then it suggests that you are having some irreconcilable differences.

To see a body in a coffin, signifies that you will be going through a period of depression. You may feel confined, restricted and lack personal freedom. There may be a dead or decaying situation or issue in your life and this dream is calling attention to it. It is time to end this situation or relationship.

Young
    To see young people in your dream, symbolizes an end to your worries and a fresh outlook on life will be gained. It may also represent the younger aspect of yourself.

Woman
    To see a woman in your dream, represents nurturance, passivity, caring nature, and love. It refers to your own female aspects or may also represent your mother. Alternatively, it may indicate temptation and guilt. If you know the woman, then it may symbolize the concerns and feelings you have about her.

Dance
    To dream that you are dancing, signifies freedom from constraints and harmony/balance with yourself. You are working in cooperation with yourself. It also represents frivolity, happiness, gracefulness, sensuality and sexual desires. Alternatively, it may signify intimacy and a union of the masculine and feminine aspects of yourself.

To dream that you are attending or going to a dance, indicates a celebration and your attempts to achieve happiness. Consider the phrase the "dance of life" which suggests creation, ecstasy, and going with what life has to offer you.

To see ritualistic dancing in your dream, denotes your need to get in touch with the spirit within..

Transformation
    To dream that you are undergoing a transformation, indicates a need for change or a deviation from your usual routine. It also suggests your expanded awareness and a deep-level personality development.

Scorpion
    To see a scorpion in your dream, represents a situation in your waking life which may have been painful or hurtful. It is also indicative of destructive feelings, "stinging" remarks, bitter words and/or negative thoughts being expressed by or aimed against you. Your dream forewarns of a self-destructive and self-defeating path. The scorpion is also a symbol of death and rebirth. You need to get rid of the old and make room for something new.

Old
    To see something old in your dream, suggests that there is something in your life that you need to replace or get rid of. Alternatively, there may be something in the past that you need to incorporate into your current life.

Hag
    To see a hag in your dream, may represent the "Wise Old Woman" figure and thus refers to nurturance. Negatively, to see a hag in your dream, signifies the devouring mother.

Shaman
    To see a shaman in your dream, symbolizes a spiritual messenger or guide. The shaman is a variation of the "wise old man", an archetypal figure who represents superior knowledge, wisdom and insight.

Forehead
    To see a fine and smooth forehead in your dream, signifies your good judgment and fairness. It is also indicative of your intellectual capacities. To see a wrinkled forehead, symbolizes worries and burdens. You may be deep in thought.

Jewelry
    To see jewelry in your dream, signifies your own sense of self worth and personal value. It is also symbolic of knowledge, identity, or whatever qualities you hold precious in your life. They highlight the importance of spirituality and psychological riches. A particular piece of jewelry that you own, may symbolize aspects of a waking relationship.

To dream that you receive jewelries as gifts, indicates that you need to acknowledge and incorporate those corresponding qualities within your own self.

To see or wear jewels in your dream, signifies a value within yourself or others in which your admire and cherish. It also symbolizes pleasure, riches, ambition and spiritual protection.

Boots
    To see or dream that you are wearing boots, refers to the power in your movement and the boldness of your position. You are taking a firm stance.

Shoes
    In general, shoes represent your approach to life. It suggests that you are well-grounded or that you are down to earth. It also represents your convictions about your beliefs. If you are changing your shoes, then it refers to your changing roles. You are taking a new approach to life. If your forget your shoes, then it suggests that you are leaving restraints behind you. You are refusing to conform to some idea or attitude.

To see old and worn shoes in your dream, signifies that through diligence and hard work, you will find success. It may also mean that you have come to grips with accepting who you are. ... if you dream that you lose your shoes, then it suggests that you may be searching for your identity and finding/exploring who you are.

Climb
    To dream that you are climbing down a cliff, indicates that you need to acknowledge and take notice of your unconscious. You are expressing some hesitance and reservation with delving into your more negative feelings. Alternatively, it suggests that you may be feeling low or emotionally drained.

To dream that you are walking down a flight of stairs, represents your repressed thoughts. It suggests that you are going into your unconscious. It also refers to setbacks that you will experience in your life. If you are afraid of going down the stairs, then it suggests that you are afraid to confront your repressed emotions and thoughts. Is there something from your past that you are not acknowledging.

Water
    To see water in your dream, symbolizes your unconscious and your emotional state of mind. Water is the living essence of the psyche and the flow of life energy. It is also symbolic of spirituality, knowledge, healing and refreshment. To dream that water is boiling, suggests that you are expressing some emotional turmoil. It also may mean that feelings from your unconscious are surfacing and ready to be acknowledged.

Stream
    To see a stream in your dream, signifies that you will come upon a flow of fresh and profound ideas.

Boulder
    To see a boulder in your dream, symbolizes a major obstacle and problem in some component of your life.

Up
    To dream of being or moving up, suggests that you are emerging from some depressing or negative situation.
    According to Jung, some material or repressed thoughts may be emerging from your unconscious

Re: An interesting dream a few weeks ago

Wow, 11 years later this dream is still alive in my mind's eye.

Blog Entries

Welcome back, Sola.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    Welcome back, Sola.
    Thank you! This dream has so many neat symbols and actually I feel that it represents 3 or 4 phases of life. Or events in life. I was born to a very controlled religious sect that has it's origins in Sami culture. In youth I obviously rebelled, thinking that enjoying life to the fullest sure beats the dull and legalistic life of a believer (which the young lady's remarks imply). The man who turns into scorpion-like huge insect that stuns but doesn't kill it's victims may well represent the controlling religious authority. the old Lapp woman's dance seems exhilarating and freeing and to put on her boots may represent some sort of a new awakening or another transition. Going up the hill with boulders moving upstream, alongside me, seems to be a strong symbol of enduring huge obstacles of great strength, even moving in an opposite, unnatural direction.