Thread: Alternate Relaxation Method?

Bill Guest

Alternate Relaxation Method?

Hi, I've been wanting to start the 90-day course for many months now, but one thing that really puts me off is the relaxation method used. I've always hated relaxation methods that involve having to tense my muscles, so...

Does one *have* to use this particular relaxation method in order for the course to work? Or are there other methods that have the desired effect? If so, does anyone know what they are?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Planet_Jeroen Guest
    If you have a prefered way to relax your physical body, that works, then stick with it. The goal is to relax the physical body, not master the relaxation method

Bill Guest
    I don't have a particular preferred way - I've simply always hated tensing up parts of my body as tightly as I can whilst trying to relax. And the few times I've tried it I get mentally/emotionally tense as well cos I find it difficult to isolate the particular muscles so I wonder whether what I'm doing's effective. Yuk! I'd rather just relax!

It seems that by focussing on each muscle group and sort of willing/allowing it to relax I get the desired result. I just hope it's effective enough to allow me to achieve the aim of the course!

Dsmoke Guest
    I enjoy progressive relaxation techniques like the one in MAP, but I find that a good 1- minute facial massage is far more relaxing to me than making crazy faces I never do the facial muscle tensing.

I just do what I know will relax me the most. If you've given the MAP method your best shot and it just isn't working, I personally wouldn't feel bad about trying something else.

Blog Entries
    :cry:
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

"It seems that by focussing on each muscle group and sort of willing/allowing it to relax I get the desired result. I just hope it's effective enough to allow me to achieve the aim of the course! "

Works for me every time! Tensing muscles just makes me more tense...too much too think about! Relaxation for me is about letting go. Imagine drooping.

enoch Guest
    your brain creates the illusion that you have a body. You don't really - it's all in the mind...quite literally. Less focus on the body and more on letting your head know that you're onto it's secret!

travelerwithin Guest

Enock

I totally agree with you on this i have thought this way for over a year now...
    It's great to see someone finally seeing my side of things especially when i have never met them

I too have problems with relaxation though i have foudn that the use of mental hands massaging my body very affective

Its the concnetration that i am terrible at i always drift off into a dream state before i can hold my concnetration long enough to project