Thread: the quest for the spiritual orgasm

the quest for the spiritual orgasm

was reading this article - the quest for the spiritual orgasm by michael winn http://www.healingtaobritain.com/p6...alorgasm.htm

and found his experiences with tantra to be quite interesting. what do you guys think?

Shortly after meeting Chia, I described my White Tantric Kundalini Yoga practice to him. He diagnosed it as "heating the room" - I was driving all my sexual fire up the spine and out the crown, where it dispersed into the room. As soon as I learned to recirculate my rising kundalini energy down my chest through the front Orbit channel and began practicing semen retention, I quickly grew physically stronger and more grounded spiritually. Most Tantrics work only with the spinal fire path and not the water path in the front.

the main gist i got is that tantric kundalini yoga is too focused on fire, bringing the sexual energy up, and ignores bringing the grounding of bringing the energy down. read the article if you're interested in hearing more. this guy has practices kundalini and kriya yoga for some time and isn't come strictly from theory but from experience.

Blog Entries
    I think circulation is very helpful, but cannot subscribe to semen retention. It's just one of Chia's favorite obsessions, and I think it does a lot of harm in many people. That comes from experience as well to some extent.

Oliver

star Guest
    Vase breathing causes a really nice form of bliss but I've had less luck with it when not doing it with a friend.

But I'd say that astral sex can be verily enjoyable - it can last long too - since the orgasm isn't expelling semen. Also the more energy centers that are involved the cooler the experience is.

TalkingHead Guest
    That was an interesting (and long) article; though I wish I had skipped some of the beginning history which I'm not going to remember. Michael Winn is definitely interesting; I once listened to his course on lucid dreaming but the only thing I really took out of it was circulating energy balls before going to sleep.

I'm going to have to look into the books that he and Mantak Chia wrote.

I'm still a little frustated because the only idea I really got out of this was to let the energy flow down the front path of the body embracing the water element. I don't know why I haven't come across this before but I'm definitely going to try it.

I'm going to have to do some research on many of the things he referred to that I know very little about; such mudras and subtle energy copulation.

Thanks for the link though!