Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beware of the wildebeests

Blog Entries

Beware of the wildebeests

I had a series of dreams tonight, and I remember this scene:

I am standing on a pasture with a friend (a spiritual person I know) and there's a truck. It's cargo area is open to the side. There are three wildebeests in it. He starts to kick the first and second one, but does not reach the third. He climbs the truck and kicks the third.

I'm apalled. I want him to stop, and I say "Watch it, they could break out." The third wildebeest kicks a restraining bar away in two kicks and is down on the ground. Instead of going after my friend it focuses on me and drags its foot.

I break into a run (but somehow remember it to be "waddly") and run off to the farm. I arrive at the farm yard and jump into my sister's car, hoping it to start. It does. I wonder for a moment, because the real day before it didn't - almost lucid there, damn!

My friend does not come. I also remember two other people to be with us - a woman and a man. Can't remember who. I run into the farm house to find them.

Oliver

Blog Entries
    So you're askeered of some lil' ol' wildebeasts? Hmmm?
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries
    If they are in this mood...

Oliver

Alaskans Guest
    Hehe you guys.. so damn silly

Joking aside, it does look like this dream is significant and deserves some brain power. Your spiritual friend being there is a good indicator. This is just my own look at this dream, doesnt mean any of it is true..

It looks a bit like that one about geese knitting a giant tube on an airplane (hard to crack).

Have you ever gone to Africa? I wonder what wildebeests have to do with you.
    There are 3, so maybe it is something that has 3 parts. (like 3 people you know, or mind/body/soul, etc)
    Wildebeests are gentle creatures,(usually) right? But when they stampede they are very dangerous. Do you know of anything that is gentle normally, but when scared or provoked 'stampedes' and becomes rather mindless and dangerous? But remember, only one part of it stampedes (could be 1 person out of a group of 3). I keep wanting to say the wildebeests ARE you, or a person you are in close contact with. Maybe your friend provokes or has a negative influence on you (or someone you know), that makes part of you (emotional/or mind?) run off scared or confused. If the beests are someone else it is your friend hurting someone who is in turn going after you. I dont know if seeing our spiritual friends in dreams is literal, they could be a symbol for something else. The wildebeests could be a symbol for something very different from a person too, but I am quite sure it is something with 3 segments.

Sensing a man/woman with you may be you sensing your own yin/yang. (I've sensed another me a few times im sure it was my 'higher self')

In my experiences houses are almost always a person, so maybe the house is you, it is a farm house because you cultivate/grow good things (like virtues and good ways of life).

Im not so sure about the wildebeests but the farm house part sounds right.

...Maybe you should have Pneumaphor check it out.

Caelrie Guest
    The dream clearly means that wildebeests are planning to secretly take over the government.

Blog Entries
    I agree with Caelrie. Way too much yang in that there picture.
    *Back to the Pinky and the Brain song*
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries
    I am standing on a pasture with a friend
    This is a feeling of security

(a spiritual person I know)
    Could simply be the part of you that represents a particular set of spiritual beliefs. It may literally represent the actual person and they may have said or done something that is troubling you subconsciously, even if you were initially comfortable with whatever the belief is.

and there's a truck.
    Vehicles usually reference life journey or spiritual journey; how you feel you’re travelling.

It's cargo area is open to the side. There are three wildebeests in it.
    This gets interesting. Wildebeests represent the natural and untamed and they represent a herding instinct. There may be something you feel you have encountered on the journey that has followed you into your repose (the safe pasture). Perhaps it has occurred thrice. It’s under control but not entirely contained. Perhaps you're realising it shouldn’t be; it’s natural state is free expression.

He starts to kick the first and second one, but does not reach the third. He climbs the truck and kicks the third.
    The person represents the force of unjust repression. You sense injustice in the act. He must climb to kick, therefore, that he kicks is elevated, even if it seems to possess less dignity because of its animal state. There is a "spiritual idea" that has bee presented to you that you have been formerly comfortable with but that is now beginning to trouble you. You feel it suppresses the natural. It is a force that opposes solidarity.

I'm apalled. I want him to stop, and I say "Watch it, they could break out."
    Such a force may lead to revolt. The wild will reassert itself. This may be something within in you that seeks to reassert itself. To suppress it in yourself is possibly to supress its expression in others.

The third wildebeest kicks a restraining bar away in two kicks and is down on the ground.
    The third time is the trick. Whatever re-occurred, it is now that the restraints are down. Something within you can no longer stand this disrespect.

Instead of going after my friend it focuses on me and drags its foot.
    It is your issue now, regardless of genesis. The warning is there before the attack.

I break into a run (but somehow remember it to be "waddly") and run off to the farm. I arrive at the farm yard and jump into my sister's car, hoping it to start.
    Something about the way your sister (or someone like her) conducts her journey through life may have a lesson for you in relation to this matter. You’re unsure if you can change in this way but you can.

It does. I wonder for a moment, because the real day before it didn't - almost lucid there, damn!
    Damn! Know that feeling.

Daytime stuff enters our dreams all the time.

My friend does not come.
    You’ve left that aspect of self behind once you've encountered the beast that will not be kicked into submission.

I also remember two other people to be with us - a woman and a man. Can't remember who. I run into the farm house to find them.
    What does the farmhouse represent to you- stability, conservatism, being down to earth? If you can’t remember who, try to remember how you felt about them.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries
    Hey, Alaskans and BeeK, many thanks to both of you. (Detailed answers follow.)

Caelrie and CF: I for one welcome our new wildebeest overlords. In Soviet Russia wildebeests stampede you.

Oliver

Blog Entries
    To add some detail to this:

My friend is a magician. I have been apalled before as he changed from being openminded to dogmatic about a certain kind of magic as the only true path to knowing yourself. Maybe I am starting to go down a similar road and am warned of that tendency? (I'm no magician, BTW)

Oliver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskans
    This is just my own look at this dream, doesnt mean any of it is true..
    I do appreciate it.

It looks a bit like that one about geese knitting a giant tube on an airplane (hard to crack).
    Yup, that was a toughie!

Have you ever gone to Africa? I wonder what wildebeests have to do with you.
    My interest in Africa is limited. I admire its wildlife, but not more than that of other continents. My sister (it's her car, remember?) has a great interest in Africa.

There are 3, so maybe it is something that has 3 parts. (like 3 people you know, or mind/body/soul, etc)
    Wildebeests are gentle creatures,(usually) right?
    They are usually portrayed as herds roaming, attacked by lions, and standing around in the grasslands a lot.

In Germany we call wildebeests "Gnus" (plural) - maybe the gnus are even "news"? Gnu = new. Sometimes dreams have puns like that.

Personally I have in the past used a lot of products by the Gnu project, a open software developer association that has to do with the idea of "software (and other kinds of information) should be free". (GNU stands for "Gnu's Not UNIX"...)

But when they stampede they are very dangerous. Do you know of anything that is gentle normally, but when scared or provoked 'stampedes' and becomes rather mindless and dangerous?
    Cattle?

I guess I'm being dense here, sorry, Alaskans.

But remember, only one part of it stampedes (could be 1 person out of a group of 3). I keep wanting to say the wildebeests ARE you, or a person you are in close contact with.
    Yes, the 3s always seem to be indicative of that. I dreamt of threes before:

http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=9007

Maybe your friend provokes or has a negative influence on you (or someone you know), that makes part of you (emotional/or mind?) run off scared or confused.
    Two things come to mind:

First, I'm not very comfortable with the concept of ritual magic or anything that seems to be like it.

He also had the idea that the resolution of underlying energies in blocks as you go deeper becomes sexual in nature, leading to experience that remind of sexual pleasures. I'm not too comfortable with the idea of "spiritual orgasms" during energy work...

My friend in general is a good soul, and I don't think he has a bad influence. He was there when I needed him. We have, however, drifted apart since then.

If the beests are someone else it is your friend hurting someone who is in turn going after you. I dont know if seeing our spiritual friends in dreams is literal, they could be a symbol for something else. The wildebeests could be a symbol for something very different from a person too, but I am quite sure it is something with 3 segments.
    I wonder about the order - the last one was logically highest, hardest to reach. If you would take that to its conclusion of body, soul and mind, or Jing, Qi and Shen, it would mean I have an out-of-control mind and am running away from that problem?

Sensing a man/woman with you may be you sensing your own yin/yang. (I've sensed another me a few times im sure it was my 'higher self')
    In the dream I had a very distinct sense of them being specific people, but now the feeling seems somehow hollow. Either I forgot who or it was just a feeling without real info...

In my experiences houses are almost always a person, so maybe the house is you, it is a farm house because you cultivate/grow good things (like virtues and good ways of life).
    The farm house did not seem to be important at that stage, but to save my friends. If the house is me, and my friends are yin and yang this may have to with the "balance within me"?

...Maybe you should have Pneumaphor check it out.
    Yeah, that thought crossed my mind.

Thank you, Alaskans.

Take good care,
    Oliver