Thread: Sending Images in Dreams

The Cusp Guest

Sending Images in Dreams

I'm currently involved in a project where I choose a random exotic animal each month, and try to introduce the image into other people's dreams. I have a third party who know my animal, and several targets who keep regular dream journals online.

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions or techniques on how I might go about doing this. So far I've just been freestyling, trying out different visualization techniques.

Any feedback or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Jaco Guest
    What is your success ratio?
    Maybe try to train and improve the technique that is the most successful. And the also the second best for the people that the first one doesn't work well on.

al.luciddreamer Guest
    Hmm ... well, here are just a couple of wild ideas. If you lucid dream, you could look at what you are trying to send into other people's dreams, and somehow then direct psychic energy at it (we seem to have more access to this kind of energy in a dream as opposed to the waking state). Whether you actually point your finger at the thing or just stare at it I suppose will be dictated by what has worked for lucid dreams for you in the past.

The other idea is to do a quick read of the book of the famous experiments in 1974 - "Dream Telepathy: Experiments in Nocturnal ESP" (Stanley Krippner with Montague Ullman and Alan Vaughan).

They were conducted at the Maimonides Medical Center Dream Research Laboratory, Brooklyn NY.

Martin Guest
    I have actually done something like this while awake. I tried to tune in to my fathers thoughts, to find out what number he was thinking of. For this we used a visualisation of a dice. I actually have guessed it right for 6 times on a row! We then switched to shapes and colours, but it appears that holding the IMAGE in your head of the number works, and not think about how you would write it or say it.

The Cusp Guest
    Well, my success rate so far is Zero. Sending it while lucid, is iffy, since my lucids are far and few between, although increasing in frequency of late.

Most of my targets aren't actively trying to figure out my animal. Most don't even know what I'm up to.

Thanks for that book reference. I'll definately check that out

sleeper Guest
    it sounds like this would be a good affirmation that spirituality is real, or something like that.

for me, my greatest affirmations have been from participating with people, spiritually. not from sending them messages, but from receiving messages with them.

ranlinra13 Guest
    How are you trying to send these images? Are you thinking of sending a photo like image - like a flat image? If you want to do it that way, I would take a picture of the animal and put it under your pillow while you sleep solidifying the awake and dream states.

But, why don't you go into a dream/journey/astral and ask to meet this animal. Tell the animal you would like to work with him and ask him to teach you. Build a relationship with this animal. Then ask the animal if he would help you on your experiment. Tell the animal that you have permission to enter the other person's dream state and do this. (which I'm sure you asked) Then send the animal into the person's dream with you standing outside that space.

Or once you built a relationship with the animal, you could shapeshift and go into the person's dream as that animal - if permitted.

Either way, I believe you need to build a relationship with the animal that you want to send as an image.

You might want to have a marking on each animal that shows this is from you and not another animal totem for the person. You might have a collar on the animal with "The Cusp" on it - or something like that.

Then, I've discovered that you need to keep the contact with the person that you are trying to send the image to. In person is best, voice is great - email works. But if you decide to keep trying with the same animal for about a month - you would want to check in every few days to keep your energy connected to the other person's.

I would love to try with you. Let me know if I could play!

The Cusp Guest

Re: Sending Images in Dreams

Had a bit of success with this. One girl didn't get the exact animal, but she did get that is was some sort of bird, and gave details relevant to the way I was picturing it on two separate occasions. She also asked me to be more gentle when attempting it. I'm trying to be more gentle but I really don't know what I'm doing.

I haven't been trying to project a static image, but rather imagining it walking and running around.

Being in contact with the person makes sense, as we do stay in contact quite frequently (The person I got through to).

Doing it in a dream is one way to go, but that's too similar to another project our group is undertaking.

Building up a relationship with the animal seems kind of strange to me. Plus a month seems like a short time to do it. I'll give that a try in the next round, but again I'm not quite sure how to go about doing that.

Ralinra13, you're more than welcome to join in the fun. Come over to Dreamviews.com and send me a message. We're doing this stuff in a private forum by invite only to keep the skeptics at bay. Anyone else here who would like to participate is welcome as well. A lot of people there have expressed interest in OBE, but so far nobody has started any projects on it. Please keep in mind that section of the forum is not so much about discussion as it is about experimentation.

The Cusp Guest

A new month, a new animal, and someone got it right off the bat. More or less. I had picked a platypus for this month, and this is the dream she posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbeam
    The Animal
    --I see an mammal with a long body and shortish legs. I don't see the head; it is moving away from me. The tail is round and smooth and medium length. The hair is short. I can't remember the color. I think at first the closest I could come to it would be an otter, but the legs seemed longer than that. Then I think it is more like some sort of marsupial--one of those Tasmanian tigers or something like that. If I could have seen the head I would have been able to tell better.
    Since it was the first day of the month, I had to spill the beans and tell what my animal was. If only she had seen it's head!

I now have a new animal for this month. Anyone care to give it shot?

Blog Entries

You may find something useful here that you can adapt for your purposes: http://contacttalkradio.soundwaves20...phen121907.mp3

The first segment is probably most useful.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)