What i've noticed about kundalini raising is this. One should never bite off more than they can chew. It can be akin to making your body more sensitive to it's electrical nature. I worked with the NEW practices for about 5-6 years before I was able to successfully sense the crown chakra. I believe the problem in alot of ppl is that their upper chakric glands are "calcified". Either way, i can sense it as a normal reference point and the lower energies sort of flow through me like rivers of fire. It is VERY DIFFICULT to manage at first emotionally, since it pumps your nervous system with a optimal amount of life force. The lower energies for example, the root, second and solar plexus regions can truly rock a person's world-- even send them backwards in terms of their spiritual evolution if not firmly, and i repeat, FIRMLY rooted in a code of virtues, creed exct. I haven't had so much success at the astral level so much as i have with the empathic sensations-- being able to feel the energy of others. Auras are possible for me to see. I spend alot of time just BEING with the energy to balance out the more fiery sensations and try to give them outlet in vigorous exersize. Ive noticed that the high amounts of energy flowing through me can sort of cause pain if i press to heavily, like in working out. For example-- when i do dips, i have to coat the bars with rubber because its as if the full body weight causes a very volatile sensation which can hurt, but as i said-- this is only in rare cases. Being around tech can be cumbersome in some respects-- since it can interfere with it and give me occasional shocks that i find a little humorous. Ive had amazing breakthroughs with my musical progress and melody inspiration through working with it-- and am practically haunted with ideas at all times, haha(not a bad thing really). It also allows me to push myself alot harder with exersize, improves my reflexes seemingly--- and i am aware that these are more physical improvements, but I try not to get too lofty with attainments. I figure once my frame of reference is ready to luminate 3rd eye and above, it'll happen for me. For now, it truly is a beautiful experience. Its as if I am always touched by the earth and winds--- and all the wondrous natural simplicities in life. My suggestion would be to let go of what you expect to see and make room for what IS possible for YOU. If it is destined to happen, then it will. Blessings and namaste.