Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Energy drinks

Energy drinks

I like to drink energy drinks even though i know they really dont do anything. But i like the one rockstar. And it seems when i drink it and then do energy work i can really feel some sensations. Does anyone else notice this?
    new...

Rockstar is my favorite brand. The original is my favorite, but the ones with juice tend to be 50% juice. Yes, I'd even tend to agree with you that with a good caffeine buzz the energy work will tend to be easier ... but you get the same effect from vigorous physical exercise.

Blog Entries
    Be careful with that stuff. Caffeine in high doses can do really bad things to you, and it absolutely is addictive. It takes about three days to detox from a caffeine addiction, and you'll have a headache for almost the entire three days. Aside from the addiction, caffeine can have other unfortunate effects on your body, including giving you heartburn/reflux and even heart palpitations (I get both of those things if I overindulge in the stuff).

Sorry to sound like a schoolmarm, and I like a nice caffeine hit as much as anyone else. I just wanted to put the "caution" out there.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

no i know what your saying, it is true.But i try not to drink too many (there pretty expensive). but thnks for the input

JS
    new...

Rockstar runs about $2.50 for a 16 ounce can where I live, and a 20 ounce bottle of Coke is usually $1.35 now. The Rockstar has more than just caffeine and sugar. It has herbs in it, and milk thistle seems to be fairly unique to Rockstar ... it is good for your liver.

Actually, the biggest problem with energy drinks is that they tend to be more acidic even than regular soda, and it is acidity which etches your teeth rather than sugar. Sugar tends to get broken down by bacteria in your mouth which form acids which then do the job of etching your teeth. In conclusion, you may want to rinse your mouth out with water after you drink a Rockstar.

Just to be funny, though ...

http://www.energyfiend.com/death-by-caffeine/

"How much of your favorite energy drink, soda, or caffeinated food would it take to kill you? Take this quick test and find out:"

In my case, it says: "Gulp down 85.31 cans of Rockstar and you're history. "

Not very practical, and definitely expensive.

Here’s the answer: IT’S HOW MUCH YOU HAVE TO HAVE IN YOUR SYSTEM AT ONE TIME.

Yes, it means that it’s practically impossible to kill yourself with caffeine. Practically. Don’t actually try it! After 1 gram, you’ll be a sad panda. If you manage to even challenge the number, you’ll be a schizophrenic, crazed panda, or a passed out panda. And if you’re passed out, you might get your wallet stolen.
    A pharmacist told me that I start causing damage to my vascular system at 250 milligrams. I was asking because my plan was to start donating blood and I wanted to know about the safety factor for anyone who'd receive blood from me.

A 16 ounce can of Rockstar contains 160 milligrams of caffeine.

Rockstar is a popular energy drink with a balance of vitamins and herbs. The drink includes a number of variations - the original formula, a diet version (sweetened with Ace-K and sucralose), Rockstar Juiced, Rockstar Juiced (Guava flavor) and Rockstar Energy Cola.

Note that Rockstar (Original) also contains 50mg of Guarana (in a 16oz can). Guarana also contains caffeine (typically at 8%-22%).

The drinks come in three sizes - an 8.4 oz "bullet" can, 16 oz, and a large 24 oz can. The 24 ounce version contains 240mg of caffeine.
    And don't forget ... as I said before, if you want the benefits of drinking these things without the caffeine and price, try exercising regularly.

Blog Entries
    I wasn't talking about caffeine killing you. I was talking about its addictiveness and about the fact that even moderate amounts can give some people problems (like acid reflux and heart palpitations and anxiety attacks if you're prone to them).

I certainly agree that it would take a great deal to kill you. If it was that easy to kill yourself with caffeine, I would have done it ages ago, I'm sure (I used to really abuse the stuff).
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

And I said that caffeine starts to cause problems at 250 milligrams. Not 250 milligrams / day ... just 250 milligrams in your system at one time.

Blog Entries
    I can get a severe reflux reaction from less than that, sometimes. A single cup of coffee can do it if it's prepared the wrong way. Ugh.

Hello all,

I didn't know that caffeine could cause acid reflux; I thought it was coffee that caused it (meaning other ingredients in coffee like some acids that coffee has). I just saw in Wal-Mart that they now have a brand of instant coffee that claims that 90 % of the acidic compounds have been neutralized. Haven't tried it and I don't remember the brand though.

Rock Star Energy Drink has Taurine 1000 mg and reasonable amounts of B vitamins. However, the original flavor has a lot of sugar and the herbs Tom mentions are there to pretty-up the label. They don’t do anything as they are in too low an amount and not standardized. Which means that the active ingredient that is supposed be contained in those herbs is probably none. Take milk thistle for example, the recommended dosage is between 200 and 500 mg daily standardized to around 80% Silymarin (active ingredient). The amount on Rock Star is 20 mg of un-standardized extract. If you like Rock Star you should probably get one that is sugar free at least.
    Jonathan H

I want, once and for all, *not* to know many things. Wisdom sets limits to knowledge too.

Friedrich Nietzsche from Twilight of the Idols

Caffeine increases production of stomach acid.

There is a type of coffee from India with no acidity, and it is easier on the stomach while still tasty, but unless you get it decaf (eww) it still causes more stomach acid.

The reason why I like Rockstar is that it works for me while other energy drinks are just expensive soda. The taste is good, too, except for the sugarless ones which I can't drink except by mixing them with juice.