Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Strobing effect, colors?

stargazer Guest

Strobing effect, colors?

Hello!

Just popping over from the newbie thread...

I've just started working with the NEW system in the past month or so, with some great results. My hands are buzzing constantly. I'm only doing the secondary stuff and keeping it simple because I've experienced overworked energy before (bit off more than I could chew) and it's not fun. So I'm taking it slowly.

Imagine my surprise last night, I'm working on NEW stuff before falling asleep and just as I'm drifting off, I get some incredible strobing. (I was not working on my brow center) Three times as I drifted off, I got three strobes. So, nine strobes total. Didn't feel like a slap in the head as described in the book so much as, a startling light flash happening VERY close, right at my eyes/brow while my eyes were closed. Absolutely unmistakeable, and three times is no coincidence.

But the flashes were not silver/white as described in the book? Twice, they were golden in color, and the third time it was a mix of gold/blue rather like sky/cloud/sunset colors. Really beautiful colors. Any thoughts or experiences on that?

Thanks!

Celeborn Guest
    Very cool!
    When doing reiki on my neighbor, she experienced white and gold strobing from her third eye (and she had never even heard of chi/ki/prana/energy before I gave her the treatment). She later discovered that the treatment woke up some latant clairevoyance.
    I personally have gotten strobes from my second chakra on the front and back sides (on seperate occassions), and from my heart once while doing healing. As of yet I have never experienced any color like that myself from these experiences.
    But, the first time I got a reiki treatment the colors blue and purple filled my vision. These were not in strobes though, just solid and overwhelming.

I'm curious if these different strobe colors mean anything.

stargazer Guest
    Thanks for the reply, Celeborn!

I experienced a kind of blue/green column of energy when I was attuned to reiki II, with some dots of scarlet. Sounds like reiki does much with the colors...

CunoDante Guest
    It's interesting you brought this up, stargazer. Almost anytime I close my eyes and go into a light trance, these beautiful electric colors start swirling around, filling my vision. I see them in clouds, having no distinct shape -- sometimes they move closer, sometimes they move farther away, and sometimes to the left and right. Sometimes the clouds strobe too (or rather, there is another light strobing behind the clouds). I mostly only see blue, purple, orange and yellow, but sometimes I see white (it looks so plain compared to the other colors), red and green. It seems that whenever I try to focus on them, I end up looking with my physical eyes (even though my eyes are still closed) and I end up loosing them until I relax my eyes again. I also see little bright white sparks moving in their own little circular pattern in a different plane from these clouds (don't know any other way to desribe it). I've also seen this little white sparks with my eyes open, but mainly when I'm outside in the sunlight. I've always had a highly active brow and crown chakra, and I don't know if this is the reason I'm seeing these things. I still don't quite understand what I'm seeing.

nightflyer Guest
    Since I started meditating regularly I see flashes of a beautiful blue/violet color.This is when my eyes are open & I'm going about my daily life.When I stopped meditating these flashes started tapering off. Seems to be some kind of connection.

Re: Strobing effect, colors?

Even though this is a very old post I wanted to reply and see if anyone has any further information on this. I've been seeing behind closed eyes very similar to what CunoDante posted. It seems to respond to energy work and meditation, but can really show up any time for me. I woke up this morning and had behind my closed eyes my typical static field type view, that kind of black with small white mixed in. I did a couple of energy bounces and I noticed that view changed density. It's like it compressed. Still black with white but much more solid and dense? I then started getting the electric blue colors, these I've had all my life so they are normal to me. I don't know if everyone has these all the time or not. They start barely noticeable from the outsides in a ring and as the ring approaches the center they get more solid. Not like a solid and defined circle but more like energy that is moving around in a circular form. Sometimes when I see this it gets to the center and then just dissipates as a new circle begins again. This time it would get to the center and it was drawing off into the distance, like if you watched it go down a tunnel that was in front of you. If I try to focus on it too hard, I find I'm using my physical eyes and it all goes away until I stop trying to focus. What was different this time from any other time I've seen the electric blue is at some point it stopped being the structured from the outside in pattern and just started appearing and fading near the center, and at the same time it started being a rich orange/red color. I've never seen any different color before. I do sometimes get brow throbs when this is happening but not all the time. I can't seem to control this or change colors or patterns or anything, just watch it. I can't tell that it is doing anything for me, so no visions or insights or projections and such. No feelings of being drawn away or into some other state. Since I kind of get it to respond in ways by doing energy work and meditation, I have to think it is related to something energy based. For the advanced who've progressed in energy work or have psychic skills, does any of this sound familiar? I'm trying to figure out how to interact in a non physical way but have not had much progress. I don't know if this is just a side effect of energy and meditation that doesn't have any real value or if it is something to be developed for some reason. I guess in the absence of answers I'll do what others have done and just use my best discernment and intuition and see where it takes me. I tried for about 6 months every night to OBE using the techniques discussed in the books, but never was able to OBE. I'd get close, I could feel myself moving up but it would never actually complete. I've sense moved on to try to lucid dream to see if I could use that as a platform to learn and experiment and possibly get an OBE. I've had very limited success there as well (only one LD that lasted but minutes), but am only two months into that training. Just trying to understand and make sense of what I see and experience while continuing to search for ways to expand and overcome limitations.

I thought I'd try a test this morning. I put my sleep mask on so I'd have better visibility of the stuff behind closed eyes. It was just the dark static field. I'd been up for about an hour, had a little coffee and read some stuff but nothing else. I decided to see if I could get that blue energy to show up and do something. I stayed silent and not moving or doing anything for a few minutes just to make sure it wasn't showing up by itself. It didn't. I then started doing energy work on my feet, getting them good and active until they were buzzing. I then did the same for my lower legs. I started noticing the color of the black static field took on a lighter hue. After a short time, like maybe a minute, it started with the moving from the outside edges to the center growing in blue hue as it went, then dissipating and starting again from the outside edges. I tried to pay attention to what was happening. As it moved from the outside edges to the center, the outside edges would be black again and slowly start to gain that lighter hue as the blue formed in the center. Also, after I finished on my legs, I started on my base chakra, and almost immediately also felt a throbbing in my brow chakra, but that happens pretty often. I did see a few different colors this time in different ways. As I was working on my base chakra I noticed in the same from outside in pattern, the core would be that blue with an outside edge of maybe orange/red? That outside edge was pretty muted and not vibrant so tough to tell. But that was interesting, I found a way to trigger it which I've never really tried before. I'll keep trying things and see what all happens. If I get more or better information or a breakthrough I'll post again.

Hi estlin1212
    Well I read your post just before going for my daily session so thought I would give it a try. Used binaurals for the hour but unfortunately my mind was too active so got nothing but black. Energy work circling the feet for most of the time and yes within a couple of minutes my legs as well as the feet were buzzing. Deliberately stayed at lower end as its been a bit since getting stuck into this, Been a bit distracted recently.
    In the past I've had a few strobes and always white like a camera flash going off behind closed eyes and once at the point of opening my eyes.
    Sketching behind the eyes at the point of wakening are lovely. I call them sketching because thats what they are like. So fine and beautiful, whether a scene moving or just faces like clouds coming closer swirling then moving away then something else coming forwards.
    I'm pleased you brought this post to the front again as its just what I need to get back on track, so I'm going to focus daily with the same practice and see what happens.
    Will update here if any luck.

( just to clarify that recently my hourly sessions have been more of a joke than serious stuff. An excuse to lie down and go to sleep)
    For ever I'll remember.
    Dreams are the doorways to the heavens.
    Look into your eyes and I see mine.
    She is part of your deepest thoughts.
    The destination is not the importance, but the journey. What we do here leads us to our destination.
    ( my soul. )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by estlin1212 View Post
    I thought I'd try a test this morning. I put my sleep mask on so I'd have better visibility of the stuff behind closed eyes. It was just the dark static field. I'd been up for about an hour, had a little coffee and read some stuff but nothing else. I decided to see if I could get that blue energy to show up and do something. I stayed silent and not moving or doing anything for a few minutes just to make sure it wasn't showing up by itself. It didn't. I then started doing energy work on my feet, getting them good and active until they were buzzing. I then did the same for my lower legs. I started noticing the color of the black static field took on a lighter hue. After a short time, like maybe a minute, it started with the moving from the outside edges to the center growing in blue hue as it went, then dissipating and starting again from the outside edges. I tried to pay attention to what was happening. As it moved from the outside edges to the center, the outside edges would be black again and slowly start to gain that lighter hue as the blue formed in the center. Also, after I finished on my legs, I started on my base chakra, and almost immediately also felt a throbbing in my brow chakra, but that happens pretty often. I did see a few different colors this time in different ways. As I was working on my base chakra I noticed in the same from outside in pattern, the core would be that blue with an outside edge of maybe orange/red? That outside edge was pretty muted and not vibrant so tough to tell. But that was interesting, I found a way to trigger it which I've never really tried before. I'll keep trying things and see what all happens. If I get more or better information or a breakthrough I'll post again.
    Thanks for sharing estlin1212

i just explored what is going on in my 'behind closed eyes' space & currently i have red/brown dancing chi lines within a red/brown hue.

I have my headphones on playing pop music & have artificial lighting on.
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Hi Susan, thanks for posting your thoughts! Your "Sketching" is a good description of some of what I'm seeing. Sometimes it is that kind of unorganized movement and sometimes it is very organized movement. I've never experienced the strobes that folks talk about though, just the soft moving of different colors.

Hi newfreedom, thanks for posting your observations. Keep checking it out from time to time and see if you ever get any different colors or patterns or if it responds to anything in particular.

I tried again this morning on waking up. Like before there was nothing going on, just the dark static field that is unmoving. I decided to let it sit like that for a few minutes to make sure again it isn't something based on thoughts or expectations or just being awake and such. After a few minutes still nothing happening. I then tried doing energy work on a single finger until it was buzzing. Still nothing. Then a single hand, then both hands. Still nothing. Then I went directly to my base chakra. I wasn't able to get it to respond much but had a little throb, but still nothing. I then went back to my feet and legs leading up to my base until they were both buzzing. At that point, once again I got movement. It was very random and more chaotic, so no particular patterns I could discern. I couldn't tell the colors either. The almost always present electric blue was there, but so were some other more muted colors, maybe earth tones? I didn't have time to explore further with other chakras this morning, but that will be a next test, see if working my way up does anything to the patterns or colors. My thoughts so far are I'm activating the major receptors in my feet and activating the energy pathways to my base chakra which is then activating whatever that is I see behind my eyes. Maybe the brow chakra since a lot of times I feel a throb from the brow as soon as I start working on the base. When I have more time, I'll have to try some active intention and affirmations to see if that does anything once it's moving around. And also see if different colors are based on what chakras I'm working on perhaps?