Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kundalini and Reincarnation

Snowman23 Guest

Kundalini and Reincarnation

How many times must one raise Kundalini to be freed from the cycle of reincarnation?

Blog Entries
    I don't think it works as mechanical as that. Could be wrong, though...

Oliver

Blog Entries
    I don't think that raising Kundalini is a prerequisite for enlightenment- IMO enlightenment is a process and Kundalini is the result.
    According to some thought systems, understanding the relationship to our attachments to suffering is enough to free us from the 'law' of 'Karma'. Other thought systems put forth that having no attachments is the way. Whichever is the way, Kundalini is a practice which advances the development of your energy body, and if done correctly can be used to get to the point where you lose those pesky attachments, or become awakened to the reality that you don't need them.
    Either way, I'd say that they are only indirectly related, not causally.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries
    I don't think there's any particular magic number of times. Kundalini isn't really like that. When it rises, yeah, there can be huge changes, some of them absolutely life altering and ego-destroying. How much work you need on your energy body, your ego, your mind, and whatever else you need altered, well, that depends on how much damage there is, or how misdirected you are, or whatever else it is that you need. It's quite personal and very individualised from what I've personally experienced and from what I've read.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Most of Buddhism doesn't even acknowledge the word Kundalini.

Blog Entries
    In my opinion, Kundalini is only one way of expressing the concept. The idea of a spiritual flame that resides within you and which periodically "rises" to purify you and other spiritual effects isn't limited to Hinduism. There are correlations in other spiritual traditions, as well.

Just FYI.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Mahavatar_Babaji Guest

Re: Kundalini and Reincarnation

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman23
    How many times must one raise Kundalini to be freed from the cycle of reincarnation?
    Kundalini is a spiritual energy that resides in everyone, though in most it lies dormant. Awakening it will have no direct effect on the cycle of reincarnation. However, it will make you into a more spiritually intune person overall (speaking from experience), thus it will help in reincarnating as a more spiritually advanced person in your next lifetime.

sorana Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    what do they call that than?

Quote Originally Posted by sorana
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    what do they call that than?
    They don't.

Working directly with Kundalini is not vital to ending the cycle of birth and death. There is a Buddhist group in the city where I live. They almost didn't let me join because I've received Shaktipat and anyone getting involved with Kundalini is clearly too Hindu for their liking.

Benares Guest
    To get a little insight on reincarnation and life after death, you might check out the book "Journey of Souls" by Dr. Newton (can't remember his first name). It goes in depth on how and why we reincarnate and it doesn't have anything directly to do with Kundalini.

From my understanding, the awakening of Kundalini is a karmic cleansing process. It's basically the fact that we are clearing our own karma (at least from this life) in order to be a vessel for universal karma in the future. I got these answers channeled from Sayta Sai Baba, but this is probably just his take on it. Take from it what you will, and question it with the same direction you would anything else.

I'm glad there was a thread started about this because I think it is related, but like others said, not directly. I would love to see some others' input on it as well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast