Quote Originally Posted by alwayson4
I've heard you say, "The kundalini process involves enlightenment, illumination. This is a staggered process of realization. It does not happen in one instant, but through many realizations. "
It seems to me that there are two kinds of important kundalini processes, one is the ascending Serpent and the other the descending Power. Ascension happend inside the Central Channel but the descending involves the whole system.

However what is to know besides knowing you are not the false ego?
Well, now you know what you are NOT. But what are you?

Once you have identified yourself as the "observer" in your mind rather than identifying with your own thoughts, what else is there to enlightenment?
The observer, also known as the Impersonal Witness or vipassana experience, is an important realization on the Path to liberation. But it is not Buddhahood.

From the perspective of the Impersonal Witness one is aware of the body, mind, feelings/emotions and the mystical states like wisdom. And one recognizes them as dependently arising, changing, and suffering. The interesting point here is that during the experience one is usually only aware of one side of this intermediate state, namely the lower. Pure observation, no judgement, no feelings, no thoughts, no will are part of the Witness. But now and then something seeps through the Witness - from the OTHER side. As in Korpo's experience of amusement. As far as I know this amusement is not a part of the WItness itself but origins in the Beyond (beyond the Witness) and "channels" it't way downwards through the Observer. Other experiences might be a powerfull flow of Love or a kind of thought, but without a language. So one step more would be to contact and/or go into the Beyond.

Another step is into multi-level multi-tasking. Usually one experiences either the ego or the Witness. But this is not a law. One can also identify simultaniously with both perspectives, being both the Experiencer and the Observer. This is a bit like remembering an astral experience both from the side of the double that stays inside the physical body as well as from the astral double (RB descibes such an experience in the book "Astral Dynamics".) The challenge here is to keep the memory from both doubles.