Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Using breath to move energy

TalkingHead Guest

Using breath to move energy

If you use your breath to move energy... Do you use the in and out breath for different directions? Should you be consistent with this or can you vary?

For instance... If I am trying to raise my energy.. Should I only raise it on the out breath and hold it on the in or vice versa?

And the same for circulating energy... When bringing the energy down the front of the body does it make more sense to use the in breath or out breath?

Thanks,
    Tom

Blog Entries
    I use the breath with Robert's Full Body Storage Circuit - I raise up the back from my feet to crown on in breath, down the front from crown to sub-navel storage on out breath. Isn't that even in Robert's instructions? It works quite well.

I often use in energy work to "breathe into something" to become more aware of it, and "breathe something out" to let it go, and that works extremely well, too.

Take good care,
    Oliver

TalkingHead Guest

Re: Using breath to move energy

Thanks Oliver.. you're right. I also finally got around to reading "Energy Work" and I think using Robert's methods has already started to work more noticeably for me.

Generally, energy follows the breath. Breathe in to take in energy, and breathe out to release energy.

Doing both will circulate energy. This is useful for clearing and removing (internal) blocks.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

Quote Originally Posted by TalkingHead
    If you use your breath to move energy... Do you use the in and out breath for different directions? Should you be consistent with this or can you vary?

For instance... If I am trying to raise my energy.. Should I only raise it on the out breath and hold it on the in or vice versa?

And the same for circulating energy... When bringing the energy down the front of the body does it make more sense to use the in breath or out breath?

Thanks,
    Tom
    I feel that yoga and taoist recirculation techniques teach a variety of ways in which the control of breath can make more effective energy intake and Bardon in IIH stresses breathing also . When I raise energy from the feet upward I hold the breath until I raise it to the shoulders and then exhale .I use a yoga technique called the maha bandha lock to push the energy up whcih feels like swallowing but in the reverse direction . The energy comes up strongly in a thick rope like a dragons' body of energy spiraling .
    viewtopic.php?t=8257&highlight=
    ~*~Love , Light & Laughter ~*~

Blog Entries

I personally dislike techniques that hold the breath. This may be a matter of personal preference or tolerance, but holding the breath feels forceful to me. The more relaxed and natural my breath gets, the more round and flowing, the better my results usually get.

Oliver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    I personally dislike techniques that hold the breath. This may be a matter of personal preference or tolerance, but holding the breath feels forceful to me. The more relaxed and natural my breath gets, the more round and flowing, the better my results usually get.

Oliver
    I do too, but have never quite 'put my finger on' why.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

TalkingHead Guest

Thanks guys; Holding the breath is a litle uncomfortable for me too.. I'm going to have to play around with the techniques both ways.. And Aunt Clair: thanks for the link; I've seen your page of links before but had been meaning to follow up on it more.. So far its very helpful.

And just to clarify: you do the maha bandha lock during the out breath right?

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    Oliver
    I do too, but have never quite 'put my finger on' why.
    Its a subtle form of creating an energy block. Note the tension holding creates especially in the abdomen.

If an interruption in breathing is needed, try ceasing to breathe. It's kind of like neglecting to take the next breath (as opposed to actively stopping it). This can be done at any point in the breathing cycle but is easiest just after an exhale or inhale. If nothing else, it's more comfortable.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

monkbiker Guest

I've been working on separating my breathing from my energy raising. I've found that tying the two together makes them interdependent and I don't like that.
    When I'm brushing or wrapping or bouncing energy balls around through my body I want to be able to change the speed and/or the amount of time I spend on each area, and when the energy movement is connected to my inhalations and exhalations it sometimes leads to a slight feeling of O2 / CO2 imbalance. When I'm conscious of my breathing rate my breathing rate becomes somewhat 'unnatural'.

I've been working on a different approach. I envision the energy outside my body as an endless sea of golden white light. This light "likes" me. I imagine and feel an energy gradient that is lower inside my body than outside, and so the energy that "likes" me and is outside "wants" to move into my body because there's "less" of it there than there is outside.

So I just let it in.

Yes, I still feel it flowing in more strongly on my inhalations and I feel it flowing out of me (carrying away all the 'bad stuff') on my exhalations, but I also concentrate on letting it flow in between breaths as well.