Thread: Generating energy via animal atavisms?

Ivo Guest

Generating energy via animal atavisms?

I've always wondered whether or not it would be possible to utilize a primal/basic animal essence as a form of energy projection, etc. Also using it's intrinsic traits or qualities. I find it easier to think of the subtle forces of the body to be best visualized as atavistic and primal for some reason. It just seems to work best for me. Is this unorthodox or anything? Is it a little advanced for my current abilities?

I've always had an affinity for snakes of all kinds. This is because of what they have commonly represented in historical belief-systems. They have been attributed with immortality, regeneration, and wisdom. Plus, they are very simple creatures with simple motivations. I contribute things such as the shedding of skin as rebirth, growth, and personal change. If I were ever able to achieve something as improbable as "switching bodies" using astral projection, these meanings would become even more significant.

What does anyone else think?

karnautrahl Guest
    From my own experience, this seems to be plausible. You are tapping into other aspects of self and nature. Especially useful if you've had a lot of experience observing and "knowing" the animals you wish to base your atavistic models on.

I've used a tactile image of dragon/reptilian musculature and nature before now-my posture alters and walking gets easier simply because my subconscious tries to mirror the tactile image. Perhaps this kind of tactile/emotional image could be used in a more conventional way to aid folks with posture issues. I know I just diverted a little here so I'll come back some. I have used several other images that start out visually as a guide, then tactilely + emotionally to achieve certain "feeling" states when doing energy work. Seems to be valid enough. Perhaps this is what the original shaolin and other masters had in mind?

Donald McGlinn Guest
    In my discussions with tribal Aboriginals, I have heard tales of certain medicine men being able to morph into an animal.

I never witnessed it happen and have to wonder if it is a "nice tale to tell the outsider" or if I had actually been given insight into something very few people know. *shrug*

Donald

Dan36oy Guest
    The essense of certain animals are found in numerous martial arts where a practitoneer strives to balance the heart/emotion and intention of the associated animal to give internal depth to movements by utilizing the fighting spirit of the animal. This is also seen with individuals working with animal totems or spirits where the intention of the intrinsic qualities of a certain animal are applied to heal or create a change in a persons life. There are even the countless comparisons many people make such as "he is as fierce as a tiger" or "he is as strong as an ox" reflecting the qualities of primal instincts.

I don't see it as unorthodox or advance but rather natural as most all of us rely on our own basic animal instincts on a daily basis as human animals.

linksshadow Guest
    In native american cultures animals play a very important role in ones life. Animals are revered as much for grace and beauty as they are for their natural tendencies and lessons that can be learned from observing them (much like the meaning behind the white owl and bees logo for this site). What we learn from nature becomes a part of who we are. I don't think that you would so much be trading bodies through projection as becoming that animal yourself. You may not actually become that animal but instead begin to exhibit the traits of which you most desire and require at that point in your life. Animal totems have acted as spiritual guides to many native american cultures so it is not odd that you have found an animal that means so much to you in this way.

Ivo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan36oy
    The essense of certain animals are found in numerous martial arts where a practitoneer strives to balance the heart/emotion and intention of the associated animal to give internal depth to movements by utilizing the fighting spirit of the animal.
    I am actually a 4 year student of Northern Shaolin Gung-Fu (Buk-Su-Lim Quan) And, ironaically, I am a natural snake boxer. In fact, it is the very thing which led me down this direction...

I mean, just observe the face of my illustrated characature represented in my avatar. I'm "obssessed" in an odd way with serpents. Not consciously -- I just seem to gravitate to them.

tyciol Guest
    Hmmm... well animal forms do rock. Shamanism kinda stuff is definately the route to take for these kinds of visualizations, although I think RB uses them too (Owls and Bees). I remember I read this book once called Animal Meditations, the Golden Cauldron, really cool thing, couldn't totally figure it out but I loved it. I'll sign it out again sometime.

Some people will find that in thier past lives they have been human, animal, alien, and several other things besides. To be an animal in a past life is quite common and often mystics who remember their past life as thier animal will use that knowledge and incorporate it in this lifetime.

Sometimes these animals have very specific symbolism among the planes and humans IOW the dragon for example is a sign of guardianship.

Re: Generating energy via animal atavisms?

I was recently fortunate enough to be involved in an animal totem ceremony, in which we were guided into our energy field, and one by one, into each of our chakras, where we presented ourselves to the animal essence within each one.
    It was a remarkable experience, having these animals present themselves to me, and then once familiar, allowing my human consciousness to merge with the animal.
    During this merging, I was the animal. I could feel each strand of fur, the length of my snout, my tongue, my tail.
    My consciousness changed. I literally had the characteristics of the animal.
    Once merged with each of the 7 animals, we introduced each of our animals to the others in ceremony.
    Since then, in particular moments, one of my animals will make itself known to me, eg when my last relationship broke up, the wolf that is in my heart centre came to comfort me.
    A warm presence that nuzzled into my neck and licked my face and reassured me telepathically.

I'm looking into the possibility of making a totem pole for my garden representing my animals.
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.