Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Astral Projection vs Lucid Dreaming

shaitanx Guest

Astral Projection vs Lucid Dreaming

I'm not sure where I should place this thread, so feel free to move it as desired.

From what I've gathered, lucid dreaming is the same thing as astral projection, without the actual projection. When you dream, (which you do every night), you project.. Am I correct? Or is there more to it than simply that?

My second question is regarding the interaction with the physical world while projection/in a lucid dream. I read somewhere that objects could be displaced in the precognitive field of the physical plane. Getting to this field in a lucid dream is as easy as getting anywhere else (simply desiring to be in it). So my question is, can you really move objects from your sleep?

Thanks

kiwibonga Guest

Re: Astral Projection vs Lucid Dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by shaitanx
    From what I've gathered, lucid dreaming is the same thing as astral projection, without the actual projection. When you dream, (which you do every night), you project.. Am I correct? Or is there more to it than simply that?
    The problem with these things seems to be terminology and the way different words are employed in a variety of fields with conflicting definitions... Ultimately, we are always "projected" to a certain degree, even when wide awake... It's just a matter of how much of your perceptions are coming from the physical body, and how good you are at not letting your brain scramble or discard the information you receive. When we sleep, a large layer of the "physical filter" is lifted, but there is still some of it there.

It's possible that some dreams or lucid dreams are actually projections but with a heavily distorted view of your surroundings, for instance. It's also possible that some projections are actually dreams where you create an environment that looks like the real world... And it's very hard to know with any certainty what an experience was after it has occured, unless you can somehow bring back solid proof with you...

You may be amazed to see most projectors saying "I had a lucid dream" or "I had a projection..." But the truth is, that's usually not something they know, it's what they want to believe after having the experience.

If we wanted to be 100% correct all the time, we'd just say "I had an experience," and we'd characterize it in terms of how vivid the memories were, how strongly we felt present-moment awareness and whether or not we were able to properly use our logical mind...

My second question is regarding the interaction with the physical world while projection/in a lucid dream. I read somewhere that objects could be displaced in the precognitive field of the physical plane. Getting to this field in a lucid dream is as easy as getting anywhere else (simply desiring to be in it). So my question is, can you really move objects from your sleep?
    The only stories I've heard of people affecting the physical from OBEs were rather inconclusive... So far, no expert or author has come forward with anything that explains how to do it... It's just one of these things that needs to be investigated further...

Blog Entries
    My current understanding is that a lucid dream takes place within your own private dreamspace, while astral projection takes place in the "collective unconscious" shared by everyone (and maybe other living things, as well as non-physical entities).
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries
    And to add to what everybody has said, I do believe that affecting objects in the physical from the astral (to coin a few terms we all understand) is more than just proper focus or discrimination, it's also the ability to synchronize the subtle body that is of a different scale/vibration/density/place your own term here than the physical. Just 'cause your subtle molecules can interact with the subtle molecules (or even quantum particles) of an object doesn't mean you can affect the gross object enough to notice.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OlderWiser
    My current understanding is that a lucid dream takes place within your own private dreamspace, while astral projection takes place in the "collective unconscious" shared by everyone (and maybe other living things, as well as non-physical entities).
    I agree but what I think Kiwi is saying is that just because we experience one as the other doesn't mean that is what's happening- I've had lots of dreams that have been shared (and I thought it was a dream until someone else said "I dreamed about you") and other times I've had an exit, projected and then had the most fabulous experience that was probably completely self created. So if you go from the rule that 'anything that happens in your mind happens in the astral', then whether it's individually or collectively created, it's equally valid, just experienced differently.
    That's why I like the simple qualification- if I have an exit I projected, if I wake up to an experience it's a dream, regardless of hindsight.
    Keeps the classification simple, although not so much....

shaitanx Guest
    In technical terms, I understand how they differ.. However, I've never had any of these "experiences". Not a lucid dream, nor have I ever projected. I know that I probably have had a lucid dream, I just don't remember it. So my question is how do the experiences themselves differ? Can you interact with others from a lucid dream as you could when you project?

The reason for all of this is that some time ago, I tried to master the art of projection. Needless to say, it didn't go so well. Recently, the subject of lucid dreaming came up, and I thought it seemed easier than projection. I would, however, like to be able to do both in the long run.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Then it seems to me you need to start at the beginning-with dream recall. Then, once you've got that down, then start working with lucidity. Once you've got that down, I'd go with trying to project.
    The reason is long and boring. I'm sure you don't want to hear it again.

shaitanx Guest
    I'm aware and I have been working on my dream recall for quite some time; getting quite good at it. I just wanted to know the difference.

Blog Entries

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by shaitanx
    I'm aware and I have been working on my dream recall for quite some time; getting quite good at it. I just wanted to know the difference.
    What difference? Just kidding. So when are you starting on lucidity training? That's where the real fun starts.

RyanParis Guest

Re: Astral Projection vs Lucid Dreaming

Astral projection and lucid dreaming are NOT the same thing.

Astral projection is an experience outside your body, while lucid dreaming is being aware of dreaming.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast