Hi there,

I am quite new to the Monroe Institue and indeed to the concept of Out of Body Experiences, Life after death and other planes of existence. However, the subject intrigues me and I want to discover more but I have always been a little unsure of it all. Don't get me wrong, I do want what institutes like the Monroe Institute say to be true but I am naturally pre-disposed to be an open minded skeptic. Perhaps, more specifically, I would like to go by the whole "Trust but Verify" ethic. That is why I have such problems with the religion I was born into (Catholicism). I am from Ireland and as far as I am concerned I am Cathlolic by the lottery of where I was born as opposed to any conviction or strong belief. If I was born in India most likely I'd be a Hindu.

In any case, after reading "Suddenly Psychic: A Skeptic's Journey" by Maureen Caudill ( you can probably see why the title captured my attention) which I found fascinating, I decided to buy the Gateway Experience CD's. I have had them for about a month now and have used the Focus 10 CD's a good few times. I think I have got the hang of Focus 10 in that I do enter a state of realatively deep and pleasant relaxation.

Then I decided to move on to Focus 12. The thing is, although I have only used them a few times I see no difference. I read a very good article about what Focus 10 was supposed to feel like (they described a feeling of almost not being able to feel your body anymore and I think I get something like that) but with the Focus 12 CD's I get exactly the same feeling. I do not get the feeling of being able to hear beyond my normal hearing as Maureen described in her book.

Basically, it is definitely a pleasant relaxing sensation but no more than that. Certainly not anything Psychic and most definitely not any communication with other beings, entities or visits to other realms/times that sound so exciting and is what I truly want to achieve. Maybe I'm being impatient. When does it all start to happen or is there something I am doing wrong?

Any help/thoughts would be much appreciated.

All the best

David