Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What is meditation?

Blog Entries

Re: What is meditation?

and step 2 is 'connecting with the inward'
    Yes! Step two is what I want. I want to know of something more then this world. To cement me in this new life of possibilities not advertised in this world. Away from the physical.
    I don't know if this is necessarily the same. Connecting with the inward is primarily about finding out about yourself - how your feelings, mind and energies are, how you can ease into them and accept them, how you can change them, and to learn how they work. This "inner work" is not necessarily to shift away from the physical into something non-physical, it is more reconnecting with yourself to learn to cope with anything you might encounter. Meditation is the process of building self-knowledge and of doing self-healing.

Meditation can also lay foundations for out-of-body travel and similar experiences, by helping to learn how your mind works, learn some skills that are needed and by controlling or relaxing obstacles in your mind.

Take good care,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

(Who's nitpicking now? )
    When I say connecting with the inward I'm talking at the objectified inward. Most of the stuff you see while in a deep trance is information that is deep within you, that you usually have very little access too as a conscious being who is mostly unaware of it's connection to that 'unconscious world' which is in there.
    Yes, trance, and AP will eventually conncect you with other realities that I suppose could be connected to other realities, but essentially are only accessible 'in there', where conscious awareness doesn't reach.
    That's what I mean with 'in there'.
    I am assuming that when you meditate extensively you become conscious with 'how your feelings, mind and energies are', since the process of discovering these things about yourself are primarily conscious. The next step is making the unconscious conscious, which is what I'm talking about.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

* bows to the master nitpicker *

Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by SleepGOTweird
    Yes! Step two is what I want. I want to know of something more then this world. To cement me in this new life of possibilities not advertised in this world. Away from the physical.
    Unfortunately, I suspect that what you will get is the opposite of what you want. If you are serious you had better stop now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    Unfortunately, I suspect that what you will get is the opposite of what you want. If you are serious you had better stop now.
    I have to agree with this- if information is what you want, then what you'll get is a jumble of 'the bigger picture, your own unconscious fears, desires, and anything-you've-ever-witnessed-then-forgot, all jumbled up into a series (or tangle, to be more honest) of visions, sounds and feelings, and then will have to work on your conscious awareness and unconscious awareness to untangle what's what.
    This would be your process, if you wish to accept it.
    That's why we have warnings and disclaimers all over the place.

SleepGOTweird Guest

Hey hey hey, connecting with my inner self is awesome as well. If I can get answers from myself and learn how I "work" then that's great.

How do I get to step 2 meditation. I want to connect with my subconcious.

SleepGOTweird Guest

Also, sorry if I come off as someone who is doing this for selfish reasons. I'm just really excited for the possibilities.

Blog Entries

Re:How to stay awake.....

Hey hey hey, connecting with my inner self is awesome as well. If I can get answers from myself and learn how I "work" then that's great.

How do I get to step 2 meditation. I want to connect with my subconcious.
    Simple. Don't go to sleep. When you feel you're going, pull yourself back in. When you get hypnagogics, and they snap you out of it "Holy crap, did you see that? ", take a deep breath, close your eyes again, and keep on truckin'.
    I can make it more complicated than that, but essentially, that's all it takes. Meditate for at least one hour. On hour two it's easy to fall asleep, so you have to fight harder to stay awake.
    If you need more precise instructions let me know.

SleepGOTweird Guest

Is this like self-induced paralysis? If so, then that makes sense.

anotherone Guest

Still curious what you meant by asking me if I "really look like that." You know. Just ... by the way.