Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Reaction on OBE survey #1, 40% has not projected

Martin Guest

Reaction on OBE survey #1, 40% has not projected

And I am one of them. This forum is primarily about OBE's right? (not counting kundalini since that counts as OBE accomplished)
    Well in the poll CFtraveller held 40% answered NO, which means at least 35% of the 2500 registered users has NOT projected.
    Why is this? What are your troubles? Can we make a tread with people's progress and troubles, and see if they have something in common? Since I think it's a little premature to make a new tread about everybody's problems which all seem the same.

For example, I have never projected, I don't dream lucid regularly (and it's not something I can control), I'm only trying. I woke up with vibrations a few times, but often I forget the experience (which could mean I have projected but not consciously), or fall asleep since I'm tired.

I feel a little down when I read all the succes stories of people, while a large part of the people visiting these forums never project (or do it consciously anyway).

Can you people out there who don't project share their (non)experiences? And can the people who are practiced projectors tell about when they first projected, or learned?
    I think it would be helpful, or at least it will be a good read

Martin

Re: Reaction on OBE survey #1, 40% has not projected

I think that's a good idea, i haven't projected yet either, or i just don't remeber it.

JS
    new...

Blog Entries

I think it's a good idea also- after enough people reply with their stories (like what they tried, how long, in what order, what their (if any) discipline was, I'll go ahead and re-post mine and I'm sure others will too.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

anotherone Guest

Finally, a thread I can participate in!!

Astral Explorer Guest

I've correctly attempted to AP for a week or two.

I learned NEW because before I didn't really think it was that important...

I was going pretty hardcore
    1 hour of Physical Relaxation
    1-3 hours just trying to stimulate my energy ways (Not even raising the energy)

I think trance is the part that takes me the longest because I hate the feeling of being in trance so I get a bit frustrated because of the feeling and I just go to sleep hoping to get a very vivid dream. Other times its because I take so long just trying to do physical relaxation it gives me the thought of "Just keep doing it you already spent 1 hour trying to physically relax" and then I get to stimulating my energy ways which I always think I'm doing wrong and that sometimes I might be mistakenly stimulating my primary circuits.

50% of the time I don't make it to raising energy for more than 2mins before going to sleep because I always have a feeling that I'm raising the energy arms part wrong and so I just raise with my legs, which gives me the impression that my lower body is WAY stronger than my upper body because I rarely stimulate my upper body as long as I do with my lower body...I also tend to stimulate my left side very well and basically do a lazy job of doing the same thing to the right leg.

I guess because I'm under the impression that I need ALOT of energy in order to project so I'm constantly just stimulating for hours because I need to be able to get more energy to pass through.

With all that said I think I attempted to astral project a few times...
    - Twice I partially projected as my neck muscles were still tense (This is what caused me to start wanting to physically relax for 1-2 hours)
    - Once I felt the heart center vibrations after rushing through the whole process because I seemed to be doing everything else for many hours and never trying to project. I got so surprised that I actually just spent maybe 10-20mins tops and was projecting, which I then snapped out of trance and messed everything up.

I stopped trying everything a few days later because I was spending about 14-16 hours a day in bed just trying to do this. In my head I'm thinking "There is no way robert bruce spends 3 hours just trying to prep for a projection." I'm always under the impression that I'm not doing the things right or I'm rushing it so I basically wrote out the process and how long it would take a night and it adds up to almost 5 hours. (I've never actually sat there and went through the whole 5 hours) This isn't counting going into trance or even trying to exit. This is just me focusing on getting physically relaxed, then trying to stimulate the energy ways, and then finally raising it...then go on to trying to project which I never get too because I just go to sleep.

Martin Guest

Wow, you spend more than 10 hours trying to practice this? Including sleep? I always try to get into trance before I go to sleep, and so did I yesterday. Like yesterday. I laid still for 45 minutes, but then I got get bored. I'm waiting for something to happen. I think that expectation kills it.

But astral explorer, I think your practices will be rewarded greatly if you add some exausting exercises troughout the day like sport. I find it extremely hard to fall asleep if I stay in the house all day (which luckily doesn't happen that often).

I also heard that trying to project before going to sleep is like swimming upstream. I have tried setting my alarm clock in the middle of the night, but it's hard to find the motivation to just do it. I get around 7 hours sleep at night, and waking up 5 hours later to try to project will make me have a hard time getting out of bed later. And, I notice that my biggest REM period doesn't start after 4,5 hours like some suggest, but rather after 6 hours, which at an ordinairy night leaves me with only 1 hour practice time before having to get up. I don't think I'm alone in this. A lot of people should have a hard time practicing during the working week right?

Blog Entries

My comments to what I've seen so far:

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
    I've correctly attempted to AP for a week or two.
    That's not even close to feeling frustrated. The MAP program, for example, tells you you can expect to project in three months. So you're already feeling frustrated even though you haven't been doing it long enough. This is negative programming you're instilling in yourself.

I learned NEW because before I didn't really think it was that important...
    Ok...
    I was going pretty hardcore
    1 hour of Physical Relaxation
    1-3 hours just trying to stimulate my energy ways (Not even raising the energy)
    Nothing wrong with this, except the order in which you're doing this. You shouldn't do NEW right before a projection attempt- you should take about 1/2 to 1 hour a day (not even that much, I'm just trying to 'cover the bases') during the day when you're up and about because it energizes you. Doing it right before the attempt results in what you are doing- winding yourself up to then try to unwind yourself up. That's wasted time.
    Instead, as part as your normal physical exercise, do NEW. Then go about your day.
    I think trance is the part that takes me the longest because I hate the feeling of being in trance so I get a bit frustrated because of the feeling and I just go to sleep hoping to get a very vivid dream. Other times its because I take so long just trying to do physical relaxation it gives me the thought of "Just keep doing it you already spent 1 hour trying to physically relax" and then I get to stimulating my energy ways which I always think I'm doing wrong and that sometimes I might be mistakenly stimulating my primary circuits.
    If you do this at the projection attempt it won't take you so long to get to trance. There are definite relaxation exercises to do, to keep your mind occupied, instead of just 'waiting' for something to happen. Then after relaxing, raise energy. The full body circuit doesn't involve the arms at all so I'm not sure what the next thing you're talking about is about. But raise energy with the full body circuit, and then go on to trance exercises. Once again, there are specific trance exercises, to keep you from getting bored. Do these, and if you're still too awake, there are more mind-occupying exercises to do while your body goes to sleep.
    50% of the time I don't make it to raising energy for more than 2mins before going to sleep because I always have a feeling that I'm raising the energy arms part wrong and so I just raise with my legs, which gives me the impression that my lower body is WAY stronger than my upper body because I rarely stimulate my upper body as long as I do with my lower body...I also tend to stimulate my left side very well and basically do a lazy job of doing the same thing to the right leg.
    Raising energy is about directing the energy to your lower tantien or subnavel circuit. That's it. It stimulates your chakras, but that's about it. Other NEW exercises (sponging, energy ball, etc.) are for stimulating all circuits, but that's not what you're supposed to be doing at this point. You want to raise it for projection.
    I guess because I'm under the impression that I need ALOT of energy in order to project so I'm constantly just stimulating for hours because I need to be able to get more energy to pass through.
    You project every night without doing anything. You need energy to stay aware and remember your projection. You need energy to 'go with' your energy body when it goes. But you don't need it to create the energy body or to launch it.
    With all that said I think I attempted to astral project a few times...
    - Twice I partially projected as my neck muscles were still tense (This is what caused me to start wanting to physically relax for 1-2 hours)
    - Once I felt the heart center vibrations after rushing through the whole process because I seemed to be doing everything else for many hours and never trying to project. I got so surprised that I actually just spent maybe 10-20mins tops and was projecting, which I then snapped out of trance and messed everything up.
    If what you said in the beginning is true, then you're not doing so bad. A partial projection after two weeks is excellent. Don't get discouraged. And if there's something about NEW you're confused about, please ask questions in the Energy Work section, we're here to help.
    I stopped trying everything a few days later because I was spending about 14-16 hours a day in bed just trying to do this. In my head I'm thinking "There is no way robert bruce spends 3 hours just trying to prep for a projection."
    The thing is that when you first start energy work you're supposed to be very thorough in moving energy in every detail of your body. But after some time, after your energy body is 'trained' to respond to your thought-stimulation, just a few swipes here and there will do the trick. But you have to put in the time at first. So, he doesn't spend that much time, but he's very experienced. When he was beginning? I'm sure it was a lot longer.

I'm always under the impression that I'm not doing the things right or I'm rushing it so I basically wrote out the process and how long it would take a night and it adds up to almost 5 hours. (I've never actually sat there and went through the whole 5 hours) This isn't counting going into trance or even trying to exit. This is just me focusing on getting physically relaxed, then trying to stimulate the energy ways, and then finally raising it...then go on to trying to project which I never get too because I just go to sleep.
    Do me a favor: Rewrite your routine in order in detail and I'll take a look at it and then I'll give you an alternative routine, "If you want to try it", of course.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Martin
    Wow, you spend more than 10 hours trying to practice this? Including sleep? I always try to get into trance before I go to sleep, and so did I yesterday. Like yesterday. I laid still for 45 minutes, but then I got get bored. I'm waiting for something to happen. I think that expectation kills it.

But astral explorer, I think your practices will be rewarded greatly if you add some exausting exercises troughout the day like sport. I find it extremely hard to fall asleep if I stay in the house all day (which luckily doesn't happen that often).

I also heard that trying to project before going to sleep is like swimming upstream. I have tried setting my alarm clock in the middle of the night, but it's hard to find the motivation to just do it. I get around 7 hours sleep at night, and waking up 5 hours later to try to project will make me have a hard time getting out of bed later. And, I notice that my biggest REM period doesn't start after 4,5 hours like some suggest, but rather after 6 hours, which at an ordinairy night leaves me with only 1 hour practice time before having to get up. I don't think I'm alone in this. A lot of people should have a hard time practicing during the working week right?
    Have you tried getting up 2-3 hours (as opposed to the middle of the night) and going straight to trance? It's what works for me best, when I do it.
    And yes, I usually try to project from Friday to sat. mornings, because I can go back to sleep after writing my notes down.

Martin Guest

Ok thanks for the replies CF, they were really helpful since I practice NEW almost every day before bedtime No wonder I can't relax. I use it to clear my mind, I automatically begin to draw energy to my limbs when I try to clear my mind. Anyway, off to a new tryout tonight.

I'll post something funny that happened yesterday. I kind of dozed off in bed and had a short dream about some people, and a girl. We were laying down and before I knew it she kissed me. I opened my eyes and was like WTF? It felt so real. I could swear I just felt my lips touching hers. I think I can call that 'progress'

Blog Entries

Better get used to that kind of thing. I'm just saying.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast