Thread: Has my mind been tricking me?? Please Help!

1. Has my mind been tricking me?? Please Help!

I've been working on having lucid dreams recently and I have been having some progress using reality checks, albeit slow progress. I've been having alot of what I call false lucid dreams. I don't know much about semi-lucid dreams but I guess they could possily be semi-lucid dreams. But what I mean is, I've been dreaming that my dream self has discovered that I'm in a dream then my dream self immediately starts to test the dream by flying.(What I've been doing in waking life.) What's annoying is that I do feel the scenery of the dream changes to being clearer, and my perspective seems to change however, I always wake up or the dream changes right when I try to fly.

Right now I'm just really confused as to whether these and purely non-lucid dreams that I'm confusing for lucid dreams or that they may be semi-lucid dreams, or that they may be lucid dreams but I don't see it right away and then I slip back into a non-lucid dream.

Has anyone has these sort of false lucid dreams before, and can someone explain what's the difference between a semi-lucid state and a non-lucid state?

Thanks, DD

Psychotronic Guest

Re: Has my mind been tricking me?? Please Help!

In a dream you have a very small consciousness. If your awareness intensify, your consciousness intensify too. Awareness is like an energy to do something in a dream and consciousness is the thing, what to do in a dream. Your consciousness is you free volition. This is the fact, that you will do that, what do you want to do. But it is very relative. For example, there is a situation, where you have a lot of consciousness, you are doing, what do you want to, but your brain forgot to give you more awareness to fully realise in a dream. It is not bad, if you have more awareness than consciousness, consciousness is growing automatically with growing of the dream. But consciousness can request for some awareness. It is bad situation, when you have more consciousness than awareness, because the dream can easily expire because of the thought flow is with no control.

Sometimes you have not LD, but you are flying and doing similar things spontaneously. It means you have more consciousness than awareness. You can get some awareness and have a possibility to realise in a dream or wake up in a boring physical.
    If you are percieving every detail of dream and you can fully remember everything, you have a lot of awareness and growing consciousness. It is mostly a phase of percussive awakening of mind. You can awake your mind too percussively and you wake up or you can realise in a dream. If you have enough awareness with equivalent consciousness, the probability to realise is bigger. With more consciousness and smaller awareness, you can for exapmle realise and forgot it or totally estrange from the dream thought form, because you have free mind, but no enough awareness to have strong connection to the reality of the dream.

Blog Entries

Dynamicdreamer, you might find this thread of interest http://forums.astraldynamics.com/vie...hp?f=33&t=9378
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

4. Re: Has my mind been tricking me?? Please Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotronic
    Sometimes you have not LD, but you are flying and doing similar things spontaneously. It means you have more consciousness than awareness. You can get some awareness and have a possibility to realise in a dream or wake up in a boring physical.
    This is exactly what I was doing. However, usally what happens is that I suddenly become aware it's a dream and wake up or I continue dreaming. I'm not sure how to get over this obstacle or how to get more awareness, that's why I'm trying a new technque using VILD. It's much better than waiting for the dreams signs like I usually do. That's for the clarifing infomation. Can you recommend any books where I can read more about lucid dreaming (not just the tecniques)?

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper
    Dynamicdreamer, you might find this thread of interest http://forums.astraldynamics.com/vie...hp?f=33&t=9378
    I checked the list out. It was really helpful. I'm thinking of using it in combination with my dream journal.

Thanks, DD

Quote Originally Posted by dynamicdreamer
    Has anyone has these sort of false lucid dreams before, and can someone explain what's the difference between a semi-lucid state and a non-lucid state?
    False lucid dreams are rare but happen when you want something badly but don't know how (or won't allow yourself) to get/achieve it.

Dreaming of LD is the same as dreaming anything else. The subject matter may be confusing in interpretation (or memory), but does not change the basic nature of the experience. If you want really want confusing, try becoming lucid during a false lucid dream.

If you have some extra time to sleep in, I suggest raising lots of energy and holding it just before laying down to sleep. This will increase the likelihood of a LD, aid in quality of perception, increase the probability of multiple consciousness streams, increase recall upon waking. This will also reduce the quality of your sleep, thus the need to sleep in.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

Blog Entries

If you know you are dreaming it's a Lucid Dream. If you don't know you are dreaming, regardless of what you can do, it's not a Lucid Dream. I don't understand what everybody is talking about. A dream in which you are doing fantastic things but still don't know you are dreaming is just a dream. A fun dream, a confusing dream, but not a lucid dream.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Psychotronic Guest

I agree with CFTraveler, LD is one thing and other things are concrete psychic properties and actions.

Dynamicdreamer: I don´t think, that reading some books is the best way to get control of dreams. They can be useful, but ability to working with dreams depends on your mindset to dreams, you must playing with dreams, enjoying them and thinking about them. Other things like consciousness and control can improve spontaneously. You can read something in a book, but you must understand it alone only from your viewpoints. It is better to thinking about that and understanding it only with abilities of your mind, it is natural understanding, so it is pure understanding you never can forgot.

Alaskans Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotronic
    You can read something in a book, but you must understand it alone only from your viewpoints.
    Such a hugely important statement.
    You can listen to someone else, but it is not a functional part of your reality unless you build it from the base of your own mind and understanding. Listening to something externally is not the same as listening to something internally. It is an issue of discontinuity between ones progression of personal beliefs and percieved reality from the belief or idea being studied. And it is an issue of personal ownership of the idea.