Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: [Help] How can I open a Chakra?

beone Guest

Re: [Help] How can I open a Chakra?

Diego,

You are asking about different yoga positions (or asanas) and which ones will help you with your chakras. The truth is, they all do. It is important though that you do not focus on one or two which you feel will "help you the most" with one chakra or the other.

The thing to note about asanas is that while you can research them and find that "siddhasana will do this", or "naga-asana will do that" in respect to which chakra they focus on, each asana has one or more counter-poses that work to keep balance in the physical, as well as spiritual (chakra) development. So, they tend to go together in a form of postures, or routine. Do an internet search on "sun salutation". This is what you need to help at this stage. I highly, highly, highly recommend taking at least one yoga class with a certified instructor, at least to guide you through the asanas, so that you will know the correct posture (there are breathing techniques and other things which you will not learn from reading alone).

Ultimately it won't do you any good to perform the asanas incorrectly, and be very cautious because you can really hurt yourself if you rush into it and don't know what you are doing. But if you take the time to do it correctly, it will open up a new communication pathway into yourself and you will gain many benefits.

I am saying this because you can simply lay/sit/stand and imagine your chakras and begin to develop an understanding about them without the risk of physical harm that can occur from unguided attempts at advanced yoga techniques. Padmasana is advanced, and although it looks like you are just sitting there, there is so much more to it than that.

Embark on your journey, look around, breathe in the air. By the time you get to your destination, it will be the events that you have gone through which will have given you the wisdom to understand where you are... otherwise you will just be sitting there with your legs crossed and a pain in your knees.

Namaste

If you want to work with Kundalini, the yogic exercise alternate nostril breathing would be best. You breathe out one nostril, inhale through the other, breathe out, and the breathe in through the first nostril ... then you breathe out, breathe in through the second nostril, breathe out through the second nostril, and breathe in through the first nostril. Yogic breathing exercises often start the breath as beginning with the exhalation because the clearing out of stale air and prana (energy) is what makes room to take in fresh air and prana. Start by allowing your exhalations to lengthen. Breathe only as long as it is comfortable. Breathe quickly if that is comfortable. The exhalation, if possible, should be equal in duration or longer than the inhalation if you want a target. Some breaths will be longer than others and some might be really fast. Just watch and allow the exhalations to grow longer as you sit quietly and breathe. You use the thumb and ring finger of the same hand to close the nostrils you are not using at the time. This is supposed to be really easy. Fifteen minutes once daily is more than enough. You seriously do not want to rush this. This simple exercise lowers your blood pressure and pulse. It balances the hemispheres of the brain. More advanced variations have this at their core; it is not something to rush through and forget about. This exercise can help you later on if you find you need to calm and balance your energies.

When you think about karma, try looking at the kinds of situations that keep happening to you. Look at the kinds of people who consistently come into your life. The things that keep happening over and over and over that you don't seem to be in control of. These patterns are showing you your karma. The point of looking at them is so that you can examine the pattern and think of ways to react differently when they happen again. It is like with lucid dreaming, when you examine your dream records for things that might be a good signal to do a reality test. The ways you find yourself going around in circles in your life are also perfect for triggers to remind yourself to be more lucid and present in the moment. If you find that once again you reacted the usual way, without catching the moment, just notice that it happened and move on. The fact that you noticed afterward is an improvement, right? You may also find yourself really sensitive at times of fast progress. Things may irritate you that you wouldn't have even noticed another time. This is okay, too. The point of doing this work is not to feel trapped by the way things are. You look at them and to the extent that you like what you are getting you encourage more of the same. To the extent that you don't like it, just choose something else and trust that in time the old thing will drop away on its own. The point of working with karma is to change it. It always takes a long time, because it has been a long time in the making. It does not have to take as long to tear down as it did to put together.

Thanks for your answers,

Well, I would like to take some yoga class, but here where I live there's no yoga class.

This is why Im asking help here, because I dont know how to begin or how can I open and develop my chakras

You might want to try this guided meditation:

http://kundalini-teacher.com/meditations/grounding.php

It suggests waiting until you can spend 20 minutes on the meditation, reading it on-screen, because it is meant to have the biggest impact the first time you go through it. (I sort of ruined that for myself, skimming through it and printing it out and then noticing the instructions after having skimmed over it one more time.)

Tom ¿Do you have open chakras?

Yes, I do. My favorite exercises for opening the chakras and balancing them is the 5 Rites, also known as the 5 Tibetans. I bought a pdf with the exercises. There are threads about them around here somewhere on Astral Dynamics including links to sites with details on how to do them. When you build up to 21 of each of the 5 exercises, you can do them in 10 to 15 minutes. Balancing your chakras is more important than getting them open because they all have to be open to an extent or you would not be alive.

I never heard about that exercise of 5 rites.

How much you delayed in opening them?

http://www.mkprojects.com/pf_TibetanRites.htm

The exercises don't seem to really be Tibetan, in that I have had several opportunities to speak with Lamas from Tibet and they don't recognize the exercises. Still, they do clearly resemble Hatha Yoga exercises except for the first one, which is to spin in clockwise circles as fast as you can without getting dizzy. The important thing is that the exercises do seem to work. They have the effect of drawing energy into you. Even doing the exercises only once at 3x each has an immediate effect that I have had verified clairvoyantly by two people who don't know each other. The exercises open your chakras more fully and they balance your chakras. At one time my third chakra was open far wider than the others and as a side effect of this it was very difficult to keep food down. I was planning my meals based on how they would taste coming back up. The 5 Tibetans or 5 Rites don't cause problems that way because they cause a balanced development. Also, high blood pressure tends to run in my family and at one point I had to be on medication to lower mine. It isn't a good idea to stop taking medication without your doctor's approval, of course, but that's what I ended up doing. It wasn't as completely irresponsible as it sounds. I have my blood pressure checked regularly by nurses at work. That's one of the nice things about working for a lab at a hospital. The employee clinic checks my blood pressure for free. If I need to go back on the medication they will refer me back to my regular doctor.

Thanks, you're helping me a lot..

By the way ¿do exist a energy tan-tien?..somebody told me that is an energy that can facilitating the opening of chakras

Quote Originally Posted by Diego
    Thanks, you're helping me a lot..

By the way ¿do exist a energy tan-tien?..somebody told me that is an energy that can facilitating the opening of chakras
    Robert Bruce calls this the sub-navel storage center (it is the same as the main tan tien). It distibutes energy where it is needed most. There was a recent thread started by someone who was surprised to feel energy moving from the sub-navel storage center to some of the primary chakras. I have also had this experience. It was weird to feel threads of energy moving through one chakra to another.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast