Thread: Wisdom Tooth Pain, Pending Removal

Eldanen Guest

Wisdom Tooth Pain, Pending Removal

'Lo there,

I would appreciate any good thoughts, prayers, and positive energy (lower back right jaw, esp.!) sent my way :/. I'm not sure the tooth'll be able to be removed immediately, as I've had some swelling in my jaw occur. I'd like this all to go as easy and with as little complication as possible.

Thanks,
    Eld

Blog Entries

Re: Wisdom Tooth Pain, Pending Removal

"Every hand that touches you is the healing hand of God"- (affirmation)
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

First, a word of advice. Don't drink anything with a straw for a few days after you have the tooth out. The suction can cause the clot of blood that is supposed to form in the tooth socket to be pulled out, causing the very painful condition known as "dry socket", where the nerve is exposed. Also be careful eating and drinking and cleaning your teeth, so that you don't dislodge the clot.

I say this from hard-won experience. Just keep away from straws.

That being said, I will, indeed, send love and positive thoughts your way. Tooth trouble is something for which I have a great deal of compassion.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Kunama Guest

You have my healing energies for your pain, I had all mine out in one hit, and prior to the op. I was using mushed up cloves to numb the pain. Motar and Pestal, little bit of water - and just lay them over the sore bit or bits....they worked for me. Also I haven't had a problem since they were all taken out.

Eldanen Guest

Cool. I saw the dentist who referred me to the oral surgeon yesterday, and he informed me that i was supposed to have all four taken out, because there wasn't room. :/. Thanks for the tip with the cloves for pain though. When I went to the dentist, he prescribed me two things: penicillin, and darvocet. I'll take the penicillin to get rid of the infection, but I really don't like prescription pain medications (i haven't been feeling much pain anyway). My "consultation" with the oral surgeon is scheduled for some time in early-to-mid February.