Thread: Spiders?

Kunama Guest

Spiders?

Hi all,
    About a month ago, I have attempted to meet my animal guides/totems. I had a dream about a big eel, that I talked to in a pool I just happened to be swimming in - then I saw those little gecko/lizard things that sit on your windows and eat moths, and finally a big spider - who I also talked to.
    But since then I have been having a lot of dreams about spiders. They don't scare me and are not threatening at all - I just can't seem to get their message. Anyone have any idea what spiders mean? I don't have any spider phobia and they are always different types - red back, funnelweb, St johns Cross ones, huntsmens....
    Thanks all.

Blog Entries

Re: Spiders?

Spiders
    To see a spider in your dream, indicates that you are feeling like an outsider in some situation. Or that you may want to keep your distance and stay away from an alluring and tempting situation. The spider is also symbolic of feminine power. Alternatively, a spider may refer to a powerful force protecting you against your self-destructive behavior. If you kill a spider, it symbolizes misfortune and general bad luck.

To see a spider spinning a web in your dream, signifies that you will be rewarded for your hard work. You will soon find yourself promoted in your job or recognized for your achievement in a difficult task. Spiders are a symbol of creativity due to the intricate webs they spin. On a negative note, spiders may indicate a feeling of being entangled or trapped in a sticky or clingy relationship. It represents some ensnaring and controlling force. You may feel that someone or some situation is sucking the life right out of you.

To see a spider climbing up a wall in your dream, denotes that your desires will be soon be realized.

To dream that you are bitten by a spider, represents a conflict with your mother or some dominant female figure in your life. The dream may be a metaphor for a devouring mother or the feminine power to possess and entrap. Perhaps you are feeling trapped by some relationship.
    (from: http://dreammoods.com/cgibin/searchc...&search=spider)

Oliver

Kunama Guest

Re: Spiders?

Thanks Korpo - I found an enormous huntsmen in my laundry this morning and walked into 2 webs walking down my front steps. I will look further into the spiders on that link. They are really trying to tell me something!