Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Indigo children?

Akashic_Librarian Guest

Indigo children?

What is everyones views on this? I am an Indigo child myself however i do not really care for the title that comes with it. I was wondering if anyone else is one or if they have a particular view on them?

Why not just call yourself Bodhisattvas or some other traditional term? Tulku is good.

Chris Guest
    We are all part of the whole, and each instance of individual awareness can achieve (given time) anything possible within the whole. So why label or separate? It creates divisions and friction – not a very enlightened thing to do?
    Just experience and learn - no need for labels. By definition, most that come here to these forums (if not all) have the same interests and goals in minds, none are above the other. Criticise the seemingly docile nature of the general population - who’s to say what their task is here during this life time? Who is to criticise their reason for incarnating here (even if it seems to totally absorb them in "mundane reality" - such things will only last until their death).
    This world is a teaching tool, a predator system, it might seem unjust or unfair, but you won’t be here forever and will move on (if you want to). A lifetime could be wasted raging against a system which will not be changed – adapt and learn and move on.
    Human society is as big as this world and a few astral locations beyond – creation is infinitely larger, with civilisations spread across the universes (in all times) in their own place. Whatever you see wrong with human society, that society is just a single heartbeat of experience in a much greater journey. Why get caught up in it, generate such negative energy over it? Remember why you came here, and learn.
    Just because you are "human" now, does not mean you always were.
    If great change comes? It comes. But you will move on and leave this area and system behind in time. Which is why I don't see the great excitment people hold, and become obsessed with, when they talk of 2012, and indigo children. These things are but a minute part of what you might experience, no greater (or smaller) then any other part. It's all just experience and learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    If great change comes? It comes. But you will move on and leave this area and system behind in time. Which is why I don't see the great excitment people hold, and become obsessed with, when they talk of 2012, and indigo children. These things are but a minute part of what you might experience, no greater (or smaller) then any other part. It's all just experience and learning.
    Yes, people seem to be good at waiting for some event, all through history there have been those that have waited expecting something grand to occur in their lifetime which they could simply step into. So called eternity is somewhat of a long time but time here is short and just in case it is a one shot event make of it what one can.
    I think similarly about the rush to what might be called escapist concepts, again eternity is a long time so what is the rush, there is plenty to improve hereabouts by making even the smallest of changes.
    I recall the buzz of self styled 'first contact volunteers' during the mid nineties who filled some newsgroups with all sort of plans and what their roles would be in these plans when the massed landings happened. Hopefully they have now resumed their lives.
    I would add that much of the inspiration for such thinking came from apparently authentic channelling which leaves somewhat of an open question...
    Mick

Akashic_Librarian Guest
    It's intresting how people who d onot believe in the WHole indigo thing tend to be very logical and systematic about there thinknig...also Tom are you making fun? or being serious? and to conclude, to quote Enochs signiture "Open minds find more pathways than prejudiced pre-notions." just a thought for you...

Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Akashic_Librarian
    It's intresting how people who d onot believe in the WHole indigo thing tend to be very logical and systematic about there thinknig...also Tom are you making fun? or being serious? and to conclude, to quote Enochs signiture "Open minds find more pathways than prejudiced pre-notions." just a thought for you...
    Oh please. A view of reality which encompases the whole is not open? Yet, <l337> being angst driven, wanting to be a manga dragon ball mega psychic idigo kid who is greater, bestest, and battles deamons like the manga people and is bestester than god !11! </l337> is?

You are being incredibly closed minded as you ask opinions then they don't match what you want to hear so you ignore the opinions given.
    I have read upon the indigo phenomena, and the authors who identified it, and yet your claims do not fall within this sphere – so where do you get your knowledge of what is and what is not an indigo? It is stated that indigos supposedly have a high proportion of mental illnesses?

Chris Guest
    It's intresting how people who d onot believe in the WHole indigo thing tend to be very logical and systematic about there thinknig...
    On a forum it's usually polite to be logical and systematic, so ideas can be accurately portrayed and discussion advanced. If I want to be abstract, nonsensical, hypermagical and superfantastical I go post on my psychedelic news groups.

When I can't tell if a question is genuine or meant to be mockery, I usually choose to start out assuming it is meant in good faith and give a real answer to it.

My question was meant to be perfectly serious.

Akashic_Librarian Guest
    No one has posted here for ages but.....

My knowledge of Indigo children has evolved and warped but is still the same. My belief is that some people who have had many past lives, wehn they incarnate again they are spiritually advanced to a further point than others. Like Jesus or Buddha., they could be called Indigo children....

What I am saying is that an Indigo Child is NOT better just more advanced, everyone could reach a level of an Indio child, it's just thgose born as an Indigo are already advanced (Like entering cheat codes into a game)

Also as a side note:
    I don't assume Indigo children have Indigo Aura's it is just a term I use. They could be Plum, Marron, Ice blue, Crystal, Octarine. I really don't care. But I understand why people argue against there existance it is a shaky subject.

And Chris do you think i really want to be a Mega-Dragon-manga-psycho kid who wants to be able to become like a super sayan....
    Grow up, that really is a Radki thing, not an Indigo thing

Love, light and Happiness

Chris Guest
    No one has posted here for ages but.....

My knowledge of Indigo children has evolved and warped but is still the same. My belief is that some people who have had many past lives, wehn they incarnate again they are spiritually advanced to a further point than others. Like Jesus or Buddha., they could be called Indigo children....

What I am saying is that an Indigo Child is NOT better just more advanced, everyone could reach a level of an Indio child, it's just thgose born as an Indigo are already advanced (Like entering cheat codes into a game)

Also as a side note:
    I don't assume Indigo children have Indigo Aura's it is just a term I use. They could be Plum, Marron, Ice blue, Crystal, Octarine. I really don't care. But I understand why people argue against there existance it is a shaky subject.

And Chris do you think i really want to be a Mega-Dragon-manga-psycho kid who wants to be able to become like a super sayan....
    Grow up, that really is a Radki thing, not an Indigo thing

Love, light and Happiness
    Firstly, my comments were related to a thread which was deleted just before this one was posted. In that thread, during a week period you went from not knowing what Indigos were, to claiming you were one and then stating that knew everything about all systems of occult knowledge, and you found them lacking and false (yet, since then you have asked basic questions on many subjects). That thread got quite heated and so was deleted by the mods.

Jesus and Buddha, they might have been wise in their time, but the people they were has been lost to the image we have created in their place. We can only know them through interpretation, translation, reinterpretation etc. We do not see them, but a chinese whisper spread through the ages to the state we see them as now.

I guess I just tire of the amount of dogma most people pick up when they wish to become more spiritual - and I find it slighty hypocritcal that those who say they are indigos, who are meant to rid the world of pointless dogma and traditions, actually relish the words and traditions of others (words and traditions they class as spiritual/esoteric/occult). I've moved past a point of living in others ideas of reality and creation and I seek my own path.

Please define advanced in the context you mean it. Do you mean they are advanced in an area of knowledge made by the mind of man, concerning man as the centre (where in truth man is a miniscule part of creation at large)? This seems the basis of almost all spiritual advancement and development. How can a system be complete, or lead to enlightenment when it only takes in the sphere of man. That would be like me stating my bedroom was the entire universe (whist in truth ignoring everything but my room).

<person a> is more advanced than <person b>. That is a method of saying a is better than b in terms of human understanding of the word 'advanced'. Why does anything have to be more advanced or better? Is a world class athlete more advanced than a world class artist? Can we only be advanced if we have knowledge of one area? I just really don't understand what this 'being more advanced' means, or what point it has to anything.

From browsing of indigo groups, forums, and newsgroups I've just found it to be a newly spawned culture which people can feel part of (see punks, goths, ravers, rockers <insert your group of choice here>) and tell each other how advanced and great they are. In my veiw, if this makes them feel better about themselves - then great - really. Just most of that good feeling seems to be at the expense of others (ie they are more 'advanced' they are more special, they are great etc).

ps I totally expect the meaning of this post to be lost in what people percieve it does say.