Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jumper

JoEMoNK Guest

Re: Jumper

Quote Originally Posted by wstein
    Sadly not as good as the previews suggest. Someone thought through some of the implications of how teleporting might work but sadly neglected to add a plot
    That’s sad to hear. I was hopping this would have a little plot.

I remember when I went to see the matrix just to watch the eye candy and was happily surprised that it had such an interesting plot.

I haven’t seen many good sci-fi moves after that. Except Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy<-- I Loved that move

SpiritualVoyager Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JoEMoNK
    That’s sad to hear. I was hopping this would have a little plot.

I remember when I went to see the matrix just to watch the eye candy and was happily surprised that it had such an interesting plot.

I haven’t seen many good sci-fi moves after that. Except Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy<-- I Loved that move
    I loved that movie too! It's movies like HHG2G that make me want to project and explore our universe. Movies like Jumper just make me want to just make me wish I could actually teleport, lol.

I agree that Jumper wasn't as good as advertised. They had all the 'mixins' for a good story, but they failed to capitalize on them. I was particularly unhappy with the character development

Blog Entries

Except Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy<-- I Loved that move
    No, no, no. Read the books. They're MUCH cleverer and MUCH funnier than that movie was. The movie followed the basic plot but they left out most of the punchlines, and that's what made the books so fantastic. Seriously. Read the books. You'll never be the same again, and in a good way.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Louise43 Guest

I saw this last week and was very disappointed. Could have been good if the writers and/or director had actually put any effort into it. As said above...no plot and no real ending, the credits come up and you think "that's the end?"

Lou

SpiritualVoyager Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OlderWiser
    No, no, no. Read the books. They're MUCH cleverer and MUCH funnier than that movie was. The movie followed the basic plot but they left out most of the punchlines, and that's what made the books so fantastic. Seriously. Read the books. You'll never be the same again, and in a good way.
    I Actually have read the first one! Heh heh.

JoEMoNK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OlderWiser
    I did read the books and your right the move wasn’t as good. I don't think they could have added any more to the movie unfortunately as the needed to keep it somewhat normal as possible for the movie goers. If you loved the movie and want to know how Arthur Dent saves the universe I would definitely read the books.