Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Secret

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blacktiger057
    I love the Secret! It has been exetremely life changing for me.

The one thing that I disagree with though is that the law of attraction is not solely responsible for our life experiences. Besides the law of attraction, there is our free will and the Divine's will, just to name a few of the other unseen but proven forces of the future.
    I think that other 'laws' can be derived from it- IMO Divine Will is the Law of Attraction in action. Think of it this way: God's Will for us is always good for us, so when we wish for things that are not in accordance with Divine Will, and we look inside, we would realize that deep down we really don't want what is not good for us- Free will allows us to want things that are not 'right' for us, but if we listen to that 'inside' voice, we eventually can figure out what is good for us for whatever reason- learning, growing, or just being happy- whatever our highest good.
    The idea that God's will can be anything but the best possible thing for us comes from our disconnection (or perceived disconnection) from our highest source- so that if we are 'truly in tune' with our inner (real) being, the Law of Attraction will work for our Highest Good- and that is Divine Will in action.
    Just My opinion, of course.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

blacktiger057 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    Quote Originally Posted by blacktiger057
    I love the Secret! It has been exetremely life changing for me.

The one thing that I disagree with though is that the law of attraction is not solely responsible for our life experiences. Besides the law of attraction, there is our free will and the Divine's will, just to name a few of the other unseen but proven forces of the future.
    I think that other 'laws' can be derived from it- IMO Divine Will is the Law of Attraction in action. Think of it this way: God's Will for us is always good for us, so when we wish for things that are not in accordance with Divine Will, and we look inside, we would realize that deep down we really don't want what is not good for us- Free will allows us to want things that are not 'right' for us, but if we listen to that 'inside' voice, we eventually can figure out what is good for us for whatever reason- learning, growing, or just being happy- whatever our highest good.
    The idea that God's will can be anything but the best possible thing for us comes from our disconnection (or perceived disconnection) from our highest source- so that if we are 'truly in tune' with our inner (real) being, the Law of Attraction will work for our Highest Good- and that is Divine Will in action.
    Just My opinion, of course.
    Thanks for posting that, CF. That gives me a whole new insight on this!

vooood Guest

The Secret

Anyone has seen this movie or read the book by Rhonda Byrne? I just want to know if this is actually worth anything or is it just another crap rediscovering hot water? Sorry for being so pessimistic but the world is full of "new age" crap..

Blog Entries

Re: The Secret

I merged it with the previous topics about the same thing.

i watched it a few weeks ago.since thn i've been going to the bank,knowing that i have no money in there,telling myself that i will find unexpected money.i've done this a number of times,almost daily.
    then,last week as i moved house,i emptied a bag of stuff,opened a boxand what did i find?
    100 euros!!!
    was that a result of the law of attraction??maybe.i was certainly grateful!
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

Well, voooood, I guess this could answer your question.

oh it also worked with trams arriving at precisely the right time,or maybe it's just coincidence??twice in one week i visualised the tram approaching the stop just as i walk round the corner to it,and twice it was exactly where i wanted it to be....

HAH!!!! okay,HOLY $H&T!
    sorry.
    so every time i have been going to the bank,visualising"unexpected money"
    the other week i found 100euro.
    tonight i found out i'm getting 400euro back that i wasn't expecting until August.

just sayin'

Blog Entries

On the Law of Attraction... I have had mixed results. I have, indeed, manifested some pretty amazing things, even prior to having any clue or idea what the concept of LOA was/is.

However, right now I'm trying and have been trying for more than a year to manifest a miracle for my family (and it's one we actually need, not just a whim), and I've had no success at all. And even more than that, things seem to be going BACKWARD. We have LESS abundance, we have FEWER options. I feel very boxed in and extremely frustrated. Even thwarted.

I've been reading and working for ages on this, worked on removing blockages, doing energy work, prayer, meditation, changing limiting beliefs, yadda yadda yadda...

But I digress (as I sometimes do ).

As for "The Secret", specifically, I'm totally unimpressed. It's all gloss, and very little substance. It's just the basic idea of Law of Attraction, with no actual guidance. Just want it and think positive thoughts and it magically appears! Uh, no, not really... "The Secret" is just very shallow, overproduced, and not particularly helpful, IMHO. There are WAY better resources on LOA.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Pneumaphor Guest

Namaste, my friends!

In my experience the trick to the law of attraction is to be receptive to the outcome desired, to act as if the desire will definitely manifest and so the question to ask is "am I really acting like this is going to manifest tomorrow?" If not, change something. Some sacred texts refer to this as "faith." There's a knack to this it seems...like it's somewhere close to the middle of two mental extremes, leaning toward more enthusiasm than less. There is an element of surrender to the outcome involved as well, at least in my experience. The Tao Te Ching says this on it:

(61)

A large state is like a low-lying estuary,
    the female of all under heaven.
    In the congress of all under heaven,
    the female always conquers the male through her stillness.
    Because she is still,
    it is fitting for her to lie low.
    By lying benath a small state,
    a large state can take over a small state.
    By lying beneath a large state,
    a small state can be taken over by a large state.

Therefore,
    One may either take over or be taken over by lying low.

Therefore,
    The large state wishes only to annex and nurture others;
    The small state wnats only to join with and serve others.

Now,
    Since both get what they want,
    It is fitting for the large state to lie low.

So stop trying to force it (if you are) and totally surrender to it instead. When done correctly, faith appears almost automatically. Also, I've found manifestation easier when I increase my 'entropy dissipation quotient' through physical discipline combined in equal portions with musical discipline, and Hatha and Raja Yoga disciplines. The results can be so uncanny as to become too much too soon, leading to guilt, which may lead to rejection of the state unless the guilt is accepted! It's all about entropy (referred to as 'psychic libido' in psychological terminology), intent, and faith when manifesting. Dang it's good to be back!

Love & Light,
    Ron

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast